Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how loud you think the track version be on PRL catless downpipe?
like ot get some great sounds but still be able to hear the radio

willharp360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RR CTR
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of installing the exhaust and cant get the front pipe fed all the way through without it hitting something along the way. I've tried feeding from the front to the back and vice versa, coming from the front I've made more progress. I've removed the heat shield to give more clearance and also removed the bolt for the engine mount but no luck. It feels as if I don't have enough space to twist/move the pipe. The car sits about 21 inches from the front lip and cant go any higher. Anyone have any other suggestions before I take it to a shop?

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R and 2019 Sport
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of installing the exhaust and cant get the front pipe fed all the way through without it hitting something along the way. I've tried feeding from the front to the back and vice versa, coming from the front I've made more progress. I've removed the heat shield to give more clearance and also removed the bolt for the engine mount but no luck. It feels as if I don't have enough space to twist/move the pipe. The car sits about 21 inches from the front lip and cant go any higher. Anyone have any other suggestions before I take it to a shop?
Remove the heatshield and motor mount bolt like you said and then use a jack and a block of wood to lift the motor slightly and this will give you the clearance you need.

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone running a catted downpipe with the AWE touring? If so, which downpipe did you go with?

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Anyone running a catted downpipe with the AWE touring? If so, which downpipe did you go with?
PRL catted.

EDIT: Seems I forgot to post this before.. but here's a day after cold start. Mic on phone cracks and readjusts itself during startup but it's nice to me lol

Last edited:

EddiezCTR

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic type R
Country flag
Bought my Awe exhaust in early june , i got the touring edition and have about 800 miles on the exhaust already. There has been a weird buzzing noise coming from the rear, checked to make sure everything is tight and it is. Not sure whats making it, 3k to 4.5k rpms is where i hear it the most and rarely on idle . (Help) love the exhaust i really dont wanna switch to another one.
Video link for buzzing noise:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Bought my Awe exhaust in early june , i got the touring edition and have about 800 miles on the exhaust already. There has been a weird buzzing noise coming from the rear, checked to make sure everything is tight and it is. Not sure whats making it, 3k to 4.5k rpms is where i hear it the most and rarely on idle . (Help) love the exhaust i really dont wanna switch to another one.
Video link for buzzing noise:
Sounds like there’s contact somewhere, my friend. Check the heat shielding upfront with the pipes at operating temperature and adjust the tin shielding appropriately. Also check the remainder of the exhaust route to ensure no contact is being made. Easy fix ??

Ctr_berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 championship white ctr
Country flag
I ordered my touring on 6/30 and still waiting -.- supposedly it’s going to be shipped in 8/17. Long wait hoping it’s worth it!

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I ordered my touring on 6/30 and still waiting -.- supposedly it’s going to be shipped in 8/17. Long wait hoping it’s worth it!
You could have it installed here while you wait! If you are interested in this, check out AWE Installs or let me know.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I keep seeing people have this issue. I can't imagine it being much different than milltek front pipe?

I rotated the front pipe clockwise while feeding it in from the front. Nothing was removed to make it happen..all on jack stands

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
AWE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I am in the process of installing the exhaust and cant get the front pipe fed all the way through without it hitting something along the way.
Just a reminder to supplement the awesome knowledge in this group, we have detailed installation instructions and also offer Installation Services for those local. You can also DM us here, or send us a message on Instagram @awetuningofficial (<likely the fastest response time).
Sponsored