End of Civic Si and Coupe for 10th gen

No_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
I never understood why the coupe has a back seat.
They could cut that out and make a car that was shorter and sportier.
Maybe put a targa top or a soft top on it.

I was hoping for the once fabled S1000.
About 1/2 a S2000.
With a 1 liter engine and less weight.
It could perform really well.
Sponsored

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
theres one in my garage,its a 1993 del sol...iguess that happened for japan recently but not here.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Except for the chrome around the windows, the civic coupe look great and have no aesthetic flaw.
I own one, I have 2 young kids who are growing fast... the 2 doors start to become an issue. Im not surprise the coupe disapear, the demand is too small.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The automatic trend in America started very shortly after ww2. Somehow marketing got everyone on the auto train despite the very large overhead of decreased performance, efficiency and reliability. Europe was broke at the time, so every drop of gas counted, so it stuck to manual. America wanted to be futuristic like the Jetson’s. Of course most of this is speculation as I really tried to look into why America went straight to automatic overnight in the 50s. I could not find much info on how or why automatics were so popular here and why everywhere else used manuals.
Before WW2 car manufacturers had column shifter ( three on the tree) mainly for women drivers so when autos came out it was more appealing to the female market

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
I hate to hear the coupe is no more. I'm ready to buy a new car and was waiting for the 11th gen coupe to come out since I'm not crazy about the 10th gen. I also hoped maybe they'd address the oil dilution issue more in the next gen. The current coupe definitely looks better than the sedan and hatch though (IMO). Maybe the 11G hatch will look better than the 10G and that'll be an option for me, otherwise, my days of owning Civics are over.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
My problem with this line of thinking is how much can you really blame the consumer for numbers like this? How much blame do the dealers shoulder? Or the manufacturer themselves? Sure, sedans might sell more than coupes in general, but how many potential coupe-buyers settled for a sedan because there were no coupes on the dealer lots? Dealers decide what cars customers have access to, and if they decide not to stock the color/trim/bodystyle you want then you are shit out of luck. I'm guessing the social-economic status of most civic buyers pushes them more towards finding a good deal than driving hours away from home to find that one perfectly-colored coupe in their area.

Even I had to drive 4 hours and leave my state to find a blue Si sedan. I can only imagine the difficulty I would have had if I wanted a coupe
I never see coupes on dealer lots.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I hate to hear the coupe is no more. I'm ready to buy a new car and was waiting for the 11th gen coupe to come out since I'm not crazy about the 10th gen. I also hoped maybe they'd address the oil dilution issue more in the next gen. The current coupe definitely looks better than the sedan and hatch though (IMO). Maybe the 11G hatch will look better than the 10G and that'll be an option for me, otherwise, my days of owning Civics are over.
I’m happy I got a 2019 SI Coupe, it’s serving it’s purpose for what I need. I’d be curious to see what the upcoming Nissan 400z will look like and price point.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I never see coupes on dealer lots.
This is true although the dealership I bought my coupe at would have a few 2.0 sport coupes ever since Honda announced no more coupe there are zero coupes not even in the used car section

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
11th generation Civic would debut in late spring of 2021

Honda Civic 10th gen End of Civic Si and Coupe for 10th gen Screenshot_20200812-210108_Chrome

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I'd hit it. Just don't make it any bigger.
I’d hit it at retail MSRP, but won’t be hitting anything named Civic at 40k+. In that case I’ll wait a year, save 20k and get a C8.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I’d hit it at retail MSRP, but won’t be hitting anything named Civic at 40k+. In that case I’ll wait a year, save 20k and get a C8.
I don't know that we'll see as much of that this time, since there are Type Rs all over the place - it's not the first Civic Type R to hit our shores anymore.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
11th generation Civic would debut in late spring of 2021

Screenshot_20200812-210108_Chrome.jpg
Just to clear something up. That's a render I posted about a month ago done by motor1.

I don't want anyone assuming that is actually the 11th gen R.

Last edited:

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Just to clear something up. That's a render I posted about a month ago done by motor1.

I don't want anyone assuming that is actually the 11th gen R.
I assumed it's based on the disguised car. Probably wouldn't be buried on page 15 if it was a real pic. :)

Nick D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si coupe
Country flag
I never understood why the coupe has a back seat.
They could cut that out and make a car that was shorter and sportier.
Maybe put a targa top or a soft top on it.

I was hoping for the once fabled S1000.
About 1/2 a S2000.
With a 1 liter engine and less weight.
It could perform really well.
It's not usdm but if you havent seen the s660 go look at it. New school beat
Sponsored