Im having too much fun!! Type R vs a G37!!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Went up against a G37 today with the type R in +R mode. Ofcourse the car gave me a good run for my money. Those G37's are no joke...I lost slightly in the straight away. That G37 couldnt lose me though as much as it wanted to. I punked out on the cor ers though...not sure how fast a Type R can remain stable in a turn. I'm learning
Sponsored

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
You lost? My full bolt-on SI has beat 2 modified G37sā€™s. I donā€™t think Iā€™d beat a type r though. He mustā€™ve had a decent amount of work done.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
You lost? My full bolt-on SI has beat 2 modified G37sā€™s. I donā€™t think Iā€™d beat a type r though. He mustā€™ve had a decent amount of work done.
I raced g37ā€™s and I lose to them by like half a car and Iā€™m fbo to

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Went up against a G37 today with the type R in +R mode. Ofcourse the car gave me a good run for my money. Those G37's are no joke...I lost slightly in the straight away. That G37 couldnt lose me though as much as it wanted to. I punked out on the cor ers though...not sure how fast a Type R can remain stable in a turn. I'm learning
Glad to see youā€™re Playing with +R mode! On a straight there are lots of cars that are faster. As far as stable in a turn it depends on road conditions of course But Iā€™m finding that the CTR will not reach its limits on the street unless your driving absolutely bonkers. A couple weeks ago went out for a blast at night and was minding my own business when either a M5 or M3 passed me so I went out to play. Where I was the road was not flat and I lost whatever car it was. The thing is these cars are light and thatā€™s itā€™s super power. Thatā€™s what gets the handling so sweet along with great engineering. My adrenaline was going so I was going faster than I normally wouldā€™ve in ā€œsane modeā€ but the car really stuck to the ground really well. Something else also came up fast around the BMW and I lost it on the curves sections of road that were not even. The road had not only nice curves but also dips in the road. Was a river road in Boston so itā€™s my little race track at night when thereā€™s no speed traps. The car gripped really well, above my expectations. As I said before, itā€™s really Hard to find the limits of a CTR on the streets ā€œsafelyā€. Itā€™s not the fastest car but definitely a fun car that can play with some big dogs in the right situations, i.e. not from a dead stop!

OP
OP
Byron Sexton

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Yeah I agree this Car is AMAZING in high speeds. Im talking 100MPH + I am amazed at how stable the car is. Now before anyone jumps down our throats about this, please know I am not a lunatic." I am def being As safe as can be". That G37 was debadged so i am sure some work was done to it....
It only was ahead of me by half a car like Jes_Se said. If i wanted to I am sure i could've passed him, but i'm not stupid and it was getting dangerously fast.....

It is also funny the passenger the G37 had in his car was cursing him out and telling him to slow down lol

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Yeah have to be careful. I learned a long time ago not to a race people because you donā€™t know how capable they or their car is. About 25 years ago I was minding my own business buzzing in the left lane of the same curvy river road and I passed a lowered car, forget what it was but it had really loud paint on it and it tried to follow me. I wasnā€™t racing it, just maintaining my speed and he was tagging along. I was in a modded 1990 Integra GS. After a little while I looked and he lost it on a curve and did a 180 so he was facing the oncoming traffic. Thank God no one got hurt but very well could have. If I go fast by myself and kill myself thatā€™s my own doing. Donā€™t want to take anyone with me. But yes, I agree. These cars are very stable at 100+mph. I donā€™t maintain those speeds but just pop up there there if thereā€™s no traffic on the highway then maintain ā€œnormalā€ speeds. Nowadays you can be doing 75mph and cars will pass you like your doing 40mph on the highway.

Have fun but drive carefully!!!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I raced g37ā€™s and I lose to them by like half a car and Iā€™m fbo to
Something wrong with your car. I'm in a tuned ext no bolt on. G37 in front of me couldn't pull away from me. It was lowered and had an exhaust. Those cars are heavy.

Savage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic type r
Country flag
I've played with a g37 in my r. I have all bolton's but intake, smoked him. However I am more then willing to go over 120mph ā˜ŗ

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
Something wrong with your car. I'm in a tuned ext no bolt on. G37 in front of me couldn't pull away from me. It was lowered and had an exhaust. Those cars are heavy.
Nothing's wrong with his car. If that G37 is FBO, they're neck and neck.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing's wrong with his car. If that G37 is FBO, they're neck and neck.
If I have an EXT and could stay right on a G37's bumper, he has an Si and couldn't keep up? Please explain.

waterudoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP, 3V Mustang, G37xS
Country flag
If I have an EXT and could stay right on a G37's bumper, he has an Si and couldn't keep up? Please explain.
"lowered and had an exhaust" so basically, no work done to it? Hmmm. Likewise, maybe something was wrong with that G37 you raced lol.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another G35 or 37, not sure which but newer, was in front of me and tried to run but didn't shake me. They just ain't that fast.
Sponsored