First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So last year, my boyfriend decided to take me hunting. First time since I went dove hunting with my stepdad. I killed my first deer in Hampton, SC. I was so ecstatic!! I was nervous and I literally had to sit partially on my boyfriends knee to get a good shot lol. Once the deer dropped, I was happy I didn’t have to track him. Like the sticker says, if it hops it drops lol. Second time, the deer had 7inch antlers on him. He was just a small one but I needed to fill our freezer so ??‍♀ Lol. I cannot wait to get back in the tree stand this year. Now that I have my custom built rifle. Opening day is August 15 but there ain’t no way in hell you’ll catch me in the deer stand during this hot ass weather!! I would rather be swimming at ichetucknee river or one of the springs until it gets to cold to go out in shorts and flip flops lol. Summer in FL is brutal! And these evening storms don’t help!! so maybe around October/November is when we’ll be doing our hunting trips ?
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
So last year, my boyfriend decided to take me hunting. First time since I went dove hunting with my stepdad. I killed my first deer in Hampton, SC. I was so ecstatic!! I was nervous and I literally had to sit partially on my boyfriends knee to get a good shot lol. Once the deer dropped, I was happy I didn’t have to track him. Like the sticker says, if it hops it drops lol. Second time, the deer had 7inch antlers on him. He was just a small one but I needed to fill our freezer so ??‍♀ Lol. I cannot wait to get back in the tree stand this year. Now that I have my custom built rifle. Opening day is August 15 but there ain’t no way in hell you’ll catch me in the deer stand during this hot ass weather!! I would rather be swimming at ichetucknee river or one of the springs until it gets to cold to go out in shorts and flip flops lol. Summer in FL is brutal! And these evening storms don’t help!! so maybe around October/November is when we’ll be doing our hunting trips ?
I don’t hunt and I don’t have a problem with any body that dose But as October/November go’s in Florida it’s still hot as hell. I’ll be in Florida for six years now and I’ve been wearing shorts T shirts and flip flops since than even in the 50ish “ freezing “ winters we have I guess I’m still used to the 46 years of the cold winters in New York anyway
good luck on your hunting trips :)

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t hunt and I don’t have a problem with any body that dose But as October/November go’s in Florida it’s still hot as hell. I’ll be in Florida for six years now and I’ve been wearing shorts T shirts and flip flops since than even in the 50ish “ freezing “ winters we have I guess I’m still used to the 46 years of the cold winters in New York anyway
good luck on your hunting trips :)
We don’t hunt here in Florida ? we go to his dads in SC. He has about 300 acres of land up there. Lol I’ve never hunt in Florida. But I always fished here. but even with fishing, it’s still hot as balls!

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember you from an earlier thread.

I’m excited I got into a hunting lease on a piece of property maybe 10 minutes from my house with some other navy guys a couple weeks ago. I’m not a big time hunter at all... but my kids have shown an interest in it... along w/outdoorsy stuff in general (there’s a pond with a small boat out there for use... with much bigger fish than the little ponds closer to home).

I had an uncle who was way into hunting and he took me out with him when I was a kid... whereas my dad just wasn’t into it. I figured if I didn’t do it myself since we live away from family... then my kids would miss out. Hoping for just some small game stuff mostly (squirrel and rabbits) but I guess I’m open to anything. I have a cabinet full of guns... I guess I might as well do more than just punch paper.
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone hunt? E82CAACC-26D2-4BEE-BCF9-3091768952BA

I got a little Savage Rascal this past year and took her (almost 10) target practicing a few times recently. She was having a little difficulty with the peep/blade setup so I got a smallish MOA red dot and she picked it right up.
Honda Civic 10th gen Does anyone hunt? 6A3583A7-1FDD-4001-98A9-FECB1E120B19

She’s shown a bit of skill developing after some practice and said she was interested in trying to knock her own squirrels out of trees. We’ll see how it goes. As long as she and the others are interested... I figure I’ll try to nurture that interest.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember you from an earlier thread.

I’m excited I got into a hunting lease on a piece of property maybe 10 minutes from my house with some other navy guys a couple weeks ago. I’m not a big time hunter at all... but my kids have shown an interest in it... along w/outdoorsy stuff in general (there’s a pond with a small boat out there for use... with much bigger fish than the little ponds closer to home).

I had an uncle who was way into hunting and he took me out with him when I was a kid... whereas my dad just wasn’t into it. I figured if I didn’t do it myself since we live away from family... then my kids would miss out. Hoping for just some small game stuff mostly (squirrel and rabbits) but I guess I’m open to anything. I have a cabinet full of guns... I guess I might as well do more than just punch paper.
E82CAACC-26D2-4BEE-BCF9-3091768952BA.jpeg

I got a little Savage Rascal this past year and took her (almost 10) target practicing a few times recently. She was having a little difficulty with the peep/blade setup so I got a smallish MOA red dot and she picked it right up.
6A3583A7-1FDD-4001-98A9-FECB1E120B19.jpeg

She’s shown a bit of skill developing after some practice and said she was interested in trying to knock her own squirrels out of trees. We’ll see how it goes. As long as she and the others are interested... I figure I’ll try to nurture that interest.
Speaking of squirrels... my boyfriend took me squirrel hunting at his dad’s. His dad has 300 acres of land in SC but where the house sits, it’s surrounded by woods. So try getting cellular service out there... right lol that’s great she’s showing interest in hunting. Not all women are into that stuff. My boyfriend’s ex wife was never into hunting. She would fish but not hunt but I like to do both lol so I think he’s got himself a real good catch :)
Of course we didn’t eat the squirrel, gave it to his buddy so he can use it for bait for one of his traps he had in his yard

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Of course we didn’t eat the squirrel
My kids love them. I’ve done them in a stew recipe and deboned, battered and fired to make “popcorn squirrel”. They might at least worth a try if you’ve never given them a shot. I know some folks don’t care for them but I think they’re pretty ok. I tend to prefer non-game animals from the grocery store but if it gets shot, it’s going to get cooked. If nothing else, they’re at least quick and easy to clean. They have little musk glands which, if removed, make the meat not gamey. If left... well... they’ve got a stronger taste.

I’ve never had wild rabbit... only farm raised but I’ll be interested to try one once the weather cools off and they’re in season. My daughter had one in her sights and we practiced on where to aim a couple days ago but let it pass. It’s still a couple months until rabbits are fair game.
Sponsored