cv axle? wheel clicking sound

fk7au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic VTI-L
Country flag
Hey! So currently on the way back from the gym my wheel started making a clicking sound that got progressively louder.

I lowered my car last year in November and ever since I got the first alignment I got the clicking sound but it went away but now it came back even louder.

It possibly could be my cv axle but would want other opinions.

Thank you.

Honda Civic 10th gen cv axle? wheel clicking sound IMG_3304
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Same thing here as I am hearing that clicking sound when turning left and upon acceleration that goes away when you gain speed. They told it's the axle, but amother mechanic told me it is not the axle for that clicking sound. I only can hear it when my windows are down.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
looks like grease from your cv joint slung out. I would check the rubber cover for tears. if torn, dirt and stuff can get into the joint and cause the cv joint to go bad.

OP
OP
fk7au

fk7au

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic VTI-L
Country flag
looks like grease from your cv joint slung out. I would check the rubber cover for tears. if torn, dirt and stuff can get into the joint and cause the cv joint to go bad.
Should I get it replaced asap? Currently 1am in Australia lol

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
Should I get it replaced asap? Currently 1am in Australia lol
Same thing happened when I had springs installed.. ripped cv boot

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
seems a lot of people have this issue when swapping springs as the lower control arm has a sharp edge that can tear the cv boot. i used a rubber floor mat to protect the boot when i swapped my springs. but if you tear the joint,
it takes a while for the dirt and stuff to build up in the joint and eventually destroy the cv joint.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
seems a lot of people have this issue when swapping springs as the lower control arm has a sharp edge that can tear the cv boot. i used a rubber floor mat to protect the boot when i swapped my springs. but if you tear the joint,
it takes a while for the dirt and stuff to build up in the joint and eventually destroy the cv joint.
@vandalSI do you know the part number for the outer boot? I checked it online but ther's quite a few of them.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i'm not sure. haven't replaced an axle since my turbo ek. that thing would go through axles once a year haha.
Sponsored