2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ????

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
So I have a 2017 Civic hatchback lx and I want to get the 2020 hatchback sport diffuser, but I don’t know if it’ll fit. Can someone with a 2017 plz tell me if it fit on their car. Or if someone can tell me what key details I should look for to installing a new diffuser.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They should fit. The EX bumper is the same as the Sport bumper, so the diffuser mounting points are the same. Diffusers are different but can be interchanged. HOWEVER.... It will look mighty silly (IMO) with no center exhaust. That cutout in the middle will have nothing behind it. Up to you though...

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
They should fit. The EX bumper is the same as the Sport bumper, so the diffuser mounting points are the same. Diffusers are different but can be interchanged. HOWEVER.... It will look mighty silly (IMO) with no center exhaust. That cutout in the middle will have nothing behind it. Up to you though...
Ya for sure it’ll look dumb without the exhaust , but after i get the diffuser I will do the center mounted exhaust . I just wanna be 100% sure that it’ll fit in the 2017 lx

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2017 sport and the diffuser was identical to the one that came on my 19 stock. I pulled that off and went with the 2020 style. Fast forward, and now I have a diffuser that only mounts to the '17-'19 so I had to put it back on.

Now I have a nice 2020 diffuser sitting in the basement I probably won't be able to sell as shipping will be the same price as the damn diffuser! Might also be worth it to keep a backup lol.
Was really hoping you'd go center exhaust if you wanted that! I'd say go for it man. You can probably sell yours locally if it doesn't fit since you're in Houston, lots of Civicx members from there.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Ya true , I’m just a little sketch since it would be my first big purchase after buying the car obv , so I just don’t wanna run into problems yk. But I’ll see and keep researching, thank you for the advice man.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, there's a lot of info out there, but often with mods you kinda have to send it. You'll only find so much when you do research on something like this. Hard to find someone with exact year and model to retrofit something new onto. If you weren't able to find anything before creating a thread, chances are it's not out there, unless you didn't actually look lol.

The key thing is, if this does work, you should do a write up. That way, when someone else has this same question, they'll be able to find your thread. I'm not even saying detailed step by step, just some before and after with a few in progress pics and a quick little write up on fitment and any issues you had. Might seem like too much work, but if you ask me when you spend time on a forum and find help on stuff, you should pay it forward and do some write ups for things you weren't able to find anything on. I try to do this often - if it wasn't for Civicx I would be stumbling through a cave in total darkness.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Well, there's a lot of info out there, but often with mods you kinda have to send it. You'll only find so much when you do research on something like this. Hard to find someone with exact year and model to retrofit something new onto. If you weren't able to find anything before creating a thread, chances are it's not out there, unless you didn't actually look lol.

The key thing is, if this does work, you should do a write up. That way, when someone else has this same question, they'll be able to find your thread. I'm not even saying detailed step by step, just some before and after with a few in progress pics and a quick little write up on fitment and any issues you had. Might seem like too much work, but if you ask me when you spend time on a forum and find help on stuff, you should pay it forward and do some write ups for things you weren't able to find anything on. I try to do this often - if it wasn't for Civicx I would be stumbling through a cave in total darkness.
Absolutely, if I do end up getting it, I will post it on her for sure. Thank you :)

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2020 diffuser on my LX, so one should fit yours just fine. Only thing to be aware of is 4 mounting holes on the Sport diffuser won’t match the non-sport chassis at the bottom center exhaust section. Most guys run it like that without doing thing else, I made cheap support brackets out of some left over pantsuit cover, a couple of Honda push rivets, and 1/4” hardware to stiffen it up. 2nd photo is the home made supports going to the Sport diffuser mounting holes I was talking about. There’s a couple of YouTube clips with detail the installation pretty good.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ???? 3E3F2AA5-9E29-41A9-9B3C-7EA47F025136

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ???? 7EA5D292-E29F-4144-A995-268CBED05587

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2020 diffuser on my LX, it should fit yours just fine. Only thing to be aware of is 4 mounting holes on the Sport diffuser won’t match the non-sport chassis At the bottom center exhaust section. Most guys run without doing thing else, I made a cheap support bracket out of some left over pantsuit cover, a couple of Honda push rivets, and 1/4” hardware to give it some support. 2nd photo is the home made supports going to the Sport diffuser mountain holes I was talking about. There’s a couple of YouTube clips with detail the installation pretty good.

3E3F2AA5-9E29-41A9-9B3C-7EA47F025136.jpeg

7EA5D292-E29F-4144-A995-268CBED05587.jpeg
The real MVP. :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
I have a 2020 diffuser on my LX, it should fit yours just fine. Only thing to be aware of is 4 mounting holes on the Sport diffuser won’t match the non-sport chassis At the bottom center exhaust section. Most guys run without doing thing else, I made a cheap support bracket out of some left over pantsuit cover, a couple of Honda push rivets, and 1/4” hardware to give it some support. 2nd photo is the home made supports going to the Sport diffuser mountain holes I was talking about. There’s a couple of YouTube clips with detail the installation pretty good.

3E3F2AA5-9E29-41A9-9B3C-7EA47F025136.jpeg

7EA5D292-E29F-4144-A995-268CBED05587.jpeg
Oh looks good man. Thank you so much. They raised the price though.. $322 after tax ??

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh looks good man. Thank you so much. They raised the price though.. $322 after tax ??
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ???? Screenshot_20200803-182421

So this is the part. You should be able to get it at your local Honda dealer for around this price. I got mine for around $120 and picked it up because shipping is insane. You need part#26 too, it's the little cover in the middle which is a stronger plastic, otherwise the exhaust will slowly deform your bumper over time.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Wow, highway robbery. When I got mine last November, it was relatively cheap at $66 for the diffuser and finishing cover. But the parts guys were already calling it a “ forum part” with a huge mark up coming. Sort of like what happened with the CTR rear sway bar and steering wheel.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ???? 4FDA3FAF-FB89-4122-A345-B5BACFDB844F

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Screenshot_20200803-182421.jpg

So this is the part. You should be able to get it at your local Honda dealer for around this price. I got mine for around $120 and picked it up because shipping is insane. You need part#26 too, it's the little cover in the middle which is a stronger plastic, otherwise the exhaust will slowly deform your bumper over time.
Thank you man , highly appreciate it , so I’m just gonna order part 26, and part 25 and I should be good right. Or I will need extra bolts and stuff ?

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Wow, highway robbery. When I got mine last November, it was relatively cheap at $66 for the diffuser and finishing cover. But the parts guys were already calling it a “ forum part” with a huge mark up coming. Sort of like what happened with the CTR rear sway bar and steering wheel.

4FDA3FAF-FB89-4122-A345-B5BACFDB844F.png