ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Yesterday I installed my PRL short ram and not gonna lie I kinda bent the filter a bit trying to get the velocity stack into that connects to the maf but I don't think that's the issue. But when I drive and accelerate it sounds great but it flutters a lot and sounds like I have the hks ssq bov on the car sometimes.

Granted I haven't been driving hard but the sound is great so I want to hear it. Other than that it feels good so I don't know if I have a small leak or if I damaged the filter that much.

I want to add I also have been having issues with my TSP you can find on my other post about how around 5500 rpm the car just drops power like I hit a fuel cut. Still no answer to that issue either. So possibly they are connected but need some help. Thanks all
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I heard the 'whoosh' from time to time with previous SRIs. But, if it were me, I'd consider grabbing a new filter or at least closely examining that one for damage. The filtration is kind of a big deal. Good luck.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
I heard the 'whoosh' from time to time with previous SRIs. But, if it were me, I'd consider grabbing a new filter or at least closely examining that one for damage. The filtration is kind of a big deal. Good luck.
The "whoosh" isn't what I'm worried it's the hks fluttering "whoosh". But I agree and am ordering a new filter for it today. Anyone here add on the hks filter to there car here I'm thinking of going that route? If not what are some good replacement filters for the short ram aside from the prl one?
Sponsored