REQ: Where The Hell Is The Headlight Fuse??!!??

Ketsto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic 1.5l
Country flag
My manual says the high beam fuse is 29 and 30 in the Engine Fusebox.

I have tested every single fuse, and they are all constantly 12v.

I checked the driver side fuse box. Some fuses are switched, but not with the high beams.

The testing procedure:

Attach multimeter probe to ground, probe fuses. If they show 0v, flash the high beams. All either stayed constant or stayed off.

One of the high beam fuses was off, normally. It didn't turn off when I flashed, but it did when I turned the ignition and the entire lamp housing turned on, sans high beam.

What am I missing?? I want to tap into a high beam (switched with HB) power source for my LED ramp, but I really don't want to cut any factory wires.
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
What am I missing?? I want to tap into a high beam (switched with HB) power source for my LED ramp, but I really don't want to cut any factory wires.
It means that the fuse is not switched. The switch must come after the fuse.

OP
OP

Ketsto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic 1.5l
Country flag
It means that the fuse is not switched. The switch must come after the fuse.
So what does that mean? I have no choice but to tap the green wire that goes into the bulb connector? I have shrink tube solder connectors, is the really skinny wire strong enough to be able to be cut and stripped without being destroyed? I REALLY don't want to mess this up, y'know?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So what does that mean? I have no choice but to tap the green wire that goes into the bulb connector? I have shrink tube solder connectors, is the really skinny wire strong enough to be able to be cut and stripped without being destroyed? I REALLY don't want to mess this up, y'know?
I haven't tried it. But if you strip the wire far enough from the connector then you can always repair it.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You could also make your own harness to plug between the high beam bulb and the OEM harness connector. And just splice at that new harness.
Where do you get the connectors? Do you have to go through Honda? That seems expensive. Do online auto part stores carry them?

OP
OP

Ketsto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic 1.5l
Country flag
So, piggyback harnesses exist. I didn't know that. I ordered one for the halogen headlights that matches the high beam bulb (HB3 plug), however I don't know how it is with the LED lights. I hope it's the same.

Apologies for the frustration.
Sponsored