CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't understand what you are saying... It doesnt make sense as it is something I can monitor on my car...

Also as per one of the famous tuners on the 10th Gen platform Derek Robinson he chimes in about knock count on our platform...

Screenshot_20200204-172732_Facebook.jpg

If this were a forum and I a moderator, I would make this a "sticky", but maybe someone will do it for me here.

"Knock Count" = This parameter is a reflection of the ECU's misfire monitor. It is NOT an accurate reflection of anything other than misfire events. When will you see these normally? Startup, rapid throttle closures, rapid throttle inputs, rapid release of the clutch pedal, and sometimes at idle (especially if you have a lighter flywheel/clutch combo, and/or plugs that have been gapped down to prevent spark blowout at high load). A completely stock car, operating perfectly will still accumulate these counts. In my experience with these engines, you will see more activity on cylinder four compared to others, as the crank position sensor is physically located closest to there on the block. This usually isn't a concern area unless you see a steep count in a very, very short time (like 50+ in a few seconds), which will likely trip a P0300-variant DTC code.

"Knock Control" = This parameter is the ECU's determination of fuel quality. Movement here indicates the knock sensor hears what it thinks is knock activity, and reports to the ECU to apply a steeper ignition retard to avoid continued knock activity. This value is dynamic, and WILL move from time to time. On Civic Si models, there doesn't seem to be a forced rise at play at WOT like the non-Si 1.5T ECU's (which naturally rise above 5,200-5,400rpm regardless of sensor input). Movement that goes up and up and up and never comes down is more concerning than movement alone. Knock control can typically be manipulated down by driving the car in a higher gear at lower engine speeds and targeting atmospheric pressure on the MAP sensor reading.

Now back to vacation. See you all on Tuesday, and I love you all.
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 2764
<3
Sponsored

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If this were a forum and I a moderator, I would make this a "sticky", but maybe someone will do it for me here.

"Knock Count" = This parameter is a reflection of the ECU's misfire monitor. It is NOT an accurate reflection of anything other than misfire events. When will you see these normally? Startup, rapid throttle closures, rapid throttle inputs, rapid release of the clutch pedal, and sometimes at idle (especially if you have a lighter flywheel/clutch combo, and/or plugs that have been gapped down to prevent spark blowout at high load). A completely stock car, operating perfectly will still accumulate these counts. In my experience with these engines, you will see more activity on cylinder four compared to others, as the crank position sensor is physically located closest to there on the block. This usually isn't a concern area unless you see a steep count in a very, very short time (like 50+ in a few seconds), which will likely trip a P0300-variant DTC code.

"Knock Control" = This parameter is the ECU's determination of fuel quality. Movement here indicates the knock sensor hears what it thinks is knock activity, and reports to the ECU to apply a steeper ignition retard to avoid continued knock activity. This value is dynamic, and WILL move from time to time. On Civic Si models, there doesn't seem to be a forced rise at play at WOT like the non-Si 1.5T ECU's (which naturally rise above 5,200-5,400rpm regardless of sensor input). Movement that goes up and up and up and never comes down is more concerning than movement alone. Knock control can typically be manipulated down by driving the car in a higher gear at lower engine speeds and targeting atmospheric pressure on the MAP sensor reading.

Now back to vacation. See you all on Tuesday, and I love you all.
2764.png
<3
haha, guess I should've copied the whole thing for those who don't use FB.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a quick update. I ordered the 27WON FMIC a few weeks back. Still waiting on ETA for when I will receive it. I have hopes to perhaps dyno it with just the FMIC to see what sort of changes there are vs the PRL one.

Final 3 mods to this car before I add visual aesthetics will be first the switch from PRL to the 27WON FMIC, an upgraded intake MAF housing, and an upgraded turbo inlet pipe.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
.................an upgraded intake MAF housing, and an upgraded turbo inlet pipe.

Looking forward to your results after these two modifications. The 27Won turbo inlet pipe specifically.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update for those who may follow this.

I have installed the FMIC awhile back and also the T.I.P.

I received the race maf last week. At this point, I'm just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit and then schedule a date to go get re-dyno'd and tuned by Drob.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Quick update for those who may follow this.

I have installed the FMIC awhile back and also the T.I.P.

I received the race maf last week. At this point, I'm just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit and then schedule a date to go get re-dyno'd and tuned by Drob.
Is this the 27Won Race MAF for their intake? I'm excited to see what kind of difference it makes, though it looks like you'll be measuring multiple changes at one time.

OP
OP
xjoshuax89

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this the 27Won Race MAF for their intake? I'm excited to see what kind of difference it makes, though it looks like you'll be measuring multiple changes at one time.
Yeah I got the 27won race maf for their intake.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah I got the 27won race maf for their intake.
Got mine as well! Going to install the FMIC, TIP, and CAI / race MAF all at once within the next week or so. Getting DRob to calibrate my TSP1 for the race MAF for a first tune step.

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Can you guys take some pictures! Information regarding the Race MAF has been really hard to come by, so I'm interested in whatever you guys can share :D @hobby-man are you on pump gas or flex fuel?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you guys take some pictures! Information regarding the Race MAF has been really hard to come by, so I'm interested in whatever you guys can share :D @hobby-man are you on pump gas or flex fuel?
I can post more pics after install but here is the standard vs race for the base civics. I'm running pump fuel, almost no flex pumps in Ontario. I run Shell Nitro 91 or PetroCan 94. Waiting on the W2 to compare to W1 before I touch the turbo.

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200724_132516
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade 20200724_132536

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can post more pics after install but here is the standard vs race for the base civics. I'm running pump fuel, almost no flex pumps in Ontario. I run Shell Nitro 91 or PetroCan 94. Waiting on the W2 to compare to W1 before I touch the turbo.

20200724_132516.jpg
20200724_132536.jpg

That is a big difference. Thanks for the pics.

Deleted member 26142

Do you know if drob is going to implement that into the TSP stage 1 tune for everyone else who has this race MAF? I have one as well

Honda Civic 10th gen CVT with Full Bolt Ons and Turbo Upgrade IMG_20200711_075235

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you know if drob is going to implement that into the TSP stage 1 tune for everyone else who has this race MAF? I have one as well

IMG_20200711_075235.jpg
Both @KTuner and @Vincent@27WON had told me that there is a calibration in the works for tuners to eventually use. I was impatient though so I contacted @D-RobIMW for a custom MAF rescale. I'm installing all my parts in the next couple days.