2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures)

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Was it difficult to install the XenonDepot Xtreme HID Kit?? anything you recommend to do??
It took me an hour to do the installation because I never had HID before I took most of the time making sure everything is connect to the right place. If I'm to do it again I can probably finish in 15 mins

This is where I put my ballasts

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

Right where my finger pointed to is my ground
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic EX-L LED head/fog lights upgrade (night pictures) ima

Took off this plastic cover to hide the wires (super easy though)

This here is my second ground.

This is to connect to the battery.

Done, pretty much it. Just have to make sure you zip tie everything nicely otherwise it looks messy as hell. Definitely worth to do. The light comes with instruction too so no need to worry.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It took me an hour to do the installation because I never had HID before I took most of the time making sure everything is connect to the right place. If I'm to do it again I can probably finish in 15 mins

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Done, pretty much it. Just have to make sure you zip tie everything nicely otherwise it looks messy as hell. Definitely worth to do. The light comes with instruction too so no need to worry.
Nice clean install. It's funny, I didn't see your post about switching to these but when I installed my kit I placed my ballasts pretty much in the same spots!

Vitico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And you started with Opt 7 and than switch to Xenon Depot cause it gave further distance than the OPT 7??

Vitico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Headlight: OPT7 LED Headlight Bulbs H11 60w 7,000Lm 6K Cool White Cree
Fog light: 30w 6K Super Bright White Projection

017.JPG

I still have the stock fog lights on at this time...
018.JPG

How it looks at night...new fog lights arrived the next day...

025.JPG

here, installed my new fog lights

026.JPG
029.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
035.JPG
037.JPG

UPDATE 6/30/2016:

1) After approximately 3 months using OPT7 LEDs, one of the drivers stopped working.
Contacted OPT7 customer services and got a response quick in one hour.

Result: new part is shipped to me

2) Because of this I read into the review between OPT7 and XenonDepot Xtreme HID kit.

Here's what I found:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...ondepot-xtreme-hid-vs-kensun-all-one-led.html

I decided to give it a try since I did in my mind complaint about the short range vision of OPT7 LEDs. Ordered XenonDepot Xtreme HID 5000k and arrived within 3 days.

It took me about 1 and half hour to install because I've never deal with HIDs before. (should take less than 30 min if do it again)

Result:
XeononDepot HID is a lot better than OPT7 LEDs simply because it projects farther and still gives an impressive amount of light output.

installation was a lot longer but overall not too bad in my opinion.
When you got the XenonDepot Xtreme HID 5000k did you had to get the Canbus?

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
And you started with Opt 7 and than switch to Xenon Depot cause it gave further distance than the OPT 7??
Yep, I started with OPT7 and then switched to XenonDepot HID, found out the XenonDepot HID is much brighter and give much further range.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me or are the stock fog lights (and housing) just a bit small?

I remember and always liked the bigger fog lights on the WRX and mazda mp3/mazdaspeed.

Being an LX owner, I hope someone will make a fog light housing piece to fit larger fog lights

EDIT - or perhaps because the fog light housing is horizontal, maybe round fog lights just don't work - maybe Accord style fog lights are the way to go.

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Opt-7 LED's work good with the auto-on setting?

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Does anyone know if the Opt-7 LED's work good with the auto-on setting?
I assume every light works the same in auto-on setting which if the environment is dark it'll turn on. Doesn't really matter what light you are using...As long as the light is bright enough and you like it that's the most important part.

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You really have to try it to see if it's good or bad. Personally I wouldn't go that high to 100W because for non-OEM light it's better to keep the power consumption low.
What is the max Watts of LED we can use for a high Lumin??