First Name
Konstantin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017 Hatch
Country flag
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with my Civic X 2017 Hatch CVT.
When i driving back (on R position) and try stop not gently, but not extremely, my car stalls.
Everytime when i try drive back and i need to stop, my car stalls. I dont catch that issue when i driving forward. Only when i driving back. Even every parking i go back and when trying to stop she stalls.

Help me please ?
Sponsored

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Check the big vacuum lines along the top of the engine for leaks...like the PCV or brake booster line. One could be cracked and leaking when the engine moves.

OP
OP

GrimFandango

First Name
Konstantin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017 Hatch
Country flag
Check the big vacuum lines along the top of the engine for leaks...like the PCV or brake booster line. One could be cracked and leaking when the engine moves.
Thank you for advise. I go to service tomorrow and check that idea.
Additional info:
I have trouble with some pipe from valve lid to crankcase outlet it compresses(so much) even at 700-800 rpm. At 3000 rpm, this tube shrinks from a round diameter to a super flat one.
That tube, i take photo from google and mark it -
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X 2017 Hatch Stalls!!! Help pls 2017-2020-honda-civic-hatchback-engine-bay-carbuzz-478424-1600

Thank you for your help - choo ^_^

P.S. I dont have any "engine check" problems. But i have some "not necessary" problems with ABS VSA and other wheel stuff.

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ā€˜17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a catch can installed?

OP
OP

GrimFandango

First Name
Konstantin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017 Hatch
Country flag
Oil catch can, not catalytic converter.
1595876968299.jpeg
No i dont have it.

This is my engine compartment when car comes from USA - 8 month ago(dont have any other photo).
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X 2017 Hatch Stalls!!! Help pls IMG_20190604_144422

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@GrimFandango just wondering because the line it looks like you drew is the same one used for an oil catch can. Iā€™m guessing by your answer thatā€™s a no haha. I didnā€™t see one but I had to ask!

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No i dont have it.

This is my engine compartment when car comes from USA - 8 month ago(dont have any other photo).
IMG_20190604_144422.jpg
Looks pretty dirty, Iā€™ve had my car for 50,000 miles (~80,000km) and my engine bay has never looked like that and Iā€™ve never cleaned it. Something may be blocked up pretty good if you hose is collapsing.

OP
OP

GrimFandango

First Name
Konstantin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017 Hatch
Country flag
Looks pretty dirty, Iā€™ve had my car for 50,000 miles (~80,000km) and my engine bay has never looked like that and Iā€™ve never cleaned it. Something may be blocked up pretty good if you hose is collapsing.
That photo took when car come to my country and stay on customs. Her way be so long, and stay long time on US insurance auction, and i cant clean it on customs. Like i say that photo shoot 8 month ago.

And i place it here for ur question about oil catch can ;)

OP
OP

GrimFandango

First Name
Konstantin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017 Hatch
Country flag
I just dont understand why engine stops only when driving back and push brakes easily or hard, doesnt matter... :(

Tomorrow ask mechanics check what "choo" say about some vacuum lines and brakes booster lines...

Thank you all for ur advice's <3

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
On my car that line got soft and was doing the same thing yours is. Then it later cracked along the seam where it was collapsing. When the motor rocks back and forth it lets extra air in the ECU didnt meter. I replaced the line with some "transmission cooler" line, cleaned out the PCV valve with throttle body cleaner, and all is well.
Sponsored