Hondata Map with full bolt on recommendation?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
What tune did you end up running, and having any issues? I got the RV6 catted as well, and plan on getting an intercooler soon, so have been trying to figure out what tune I can use from the OTS selection. Once I get the intercooler, I'll be pretty close to FBO without the PRL charge pipe, so I may just end up going custom, but want to be able to run a OTS tune until then.
We ended up running 91 PRL (least aggressive tune). We're currently trying different fuel to see if there was a bad batch of fuel. Ideally, we should be able to run 93 high flow cat tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Excuse my question if it's an easy one, which trackers should I monitor to view knock with Hondata for the Type R? I tried the same ones i had with my SI, but they appear to remain at 0, so I'm likely not watching the correct ones for the Hondata/R
You should look at knocks in cylinder 1-2-3-4. I donā€™t think any default graph has all 4 features in one graph. Youā€™ll have to create your own.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Excuse my question if it's an easy one, which trackers should I monitor to view knock with Hondata for the Type R? I tried the same ones i had with my SI, but they appear to remain at 0, so I'm likely not watching the correct ones for the Hondata/R
In your graph, look at ā€˜knock retard 1-4ā€™. The numbers show how many degrees of timing was pulled. 1-2 degrees is fine every now and then. If you consistently see 3+ degrees across multiple cylinders, Iā€™d investigate. Your tune may be too aggressive given the fuel you have.

OP
OP
Chi_The_Process

Chi_The_Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for that. I've dug a bit into it but could not figure that part out, so I'll start being able to monitor that a little more.
Ayau was able to ride in the car with me and read the graphs while I was making 4th gear pulls. It was super beneficial to have someone with his knowledge looking at live data.

Thelostfk8

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I'm doing your exact setup. Super curious about two things:

1. Did you get Dyno after the hondata flash/tune? If so, do you mind posting numbers?

2. How does the RV6 and the 27won exhaust sound? Any drone, raspiness, or other poor sounding issues?

Thanks in advance for any info. Hope you still have your fk8 and are are enjoying it.
Sponsored