Infotainment software update?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
This thread is long as hell and full of so much cross talk so here goes...

I have an '18 andy head unit is embarrassingly laggy (as you can see in the attached video). Is there anything I can do as far as an update?

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? 20200722_180831
Sponsored

cheddaboi

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
This thread is long as hell and full of so much cross talk so here goes...

I have an '18 andy head unit is embarrassingly laggy (as you can see in the attached video). Is there anything I can do as far as an update?

20200722_180831.jpg
Factory reset always does the trick

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
2 days later no issues. Seems just a tad more responsive. I’ve seen the ghost back button still happen but not as much. Maybe because it’s the summer. And it usually goes crazy during the winter. Haven’t tried Android Auto (heard people had issues w AA after the update). No android to try on. But otherwise, can’t complain!

9D2DCCB2-1392-4575-A30C-73751DA33711.jpeg

02F07360-63F6-40E3-A073-E18B89AD5030.jpeg

8543CC12-4484-42EF-B0AE-725CA0FB78AD.jpeg

454EF687-7EEA-4536-8AC0-E8FCFAF5ADE7.jpeg
Thoughts two weeks later? Is it still general as buggy or not so much since the update?

tophuriouss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
This is a long shot. A few years ago I applied a software update to my 2016 infotainment system. I think it was only meant for the hatchback civics but a lot of people were applying it to the sedan model because of so many issues. Ever since doing that I have not been able to get my maintenance minders to reset. Has anyone else had this issue or found a remedy? Or is there a way to downgrade back to the former software version?

AG$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2016
Country flag
I’m curious to hear from the community.

I bought a Civic Touring 2016 less than 30 days ago. I have a 90 day, 3,000 warranty on this vehicle.

I am running into the same issue you all seem to have- the head unit. I love the vehicle itself but the head unit has been a major issue the three weeks that I’ve had it. I’ve had the ghost back button, popping speakers, CarPlay glitches. I’m currently running 1.F183.52 and am going to try to upgrade to 1.F197.00 tonight and see if that helps.

Those of you who upgraded to1.F197.00, did it seem to fix all of your issues? Are your major head unit issues resolved now?

TL;DR: Should I return this car while I can given the head unit issues?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

I bought a Civic Touring 2016 less than 30 days ago. I have a 90 day, 3,000 warranty on this vehicle.

I am running into the same issue you all seem to have- the head unit. I love the vehicle itself but the head unit has been a major issue the three weeks that I’ve had it. I’ve had the ghost back button, popping speakers, CarPlay glitches. I’m currently running 1.F183.52 and am going to try to upgrade to 1.F197.00 tonight and see if that helps.

Those of you who upgraded to1.F197.00, did it seem to fix all of your issues? Are your major head unit issues resolved now?

I have a 2016 EX-T and updated to 197 years ago and it fixed 99% of my issues. It’s worth giving it a try.

IAmNoSer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag

I wouldn't use the 1.F197.00 file unless your car is a hatchback, as it seems it can cause issues if the firmware isn't made for your specific configuration. You can use the Honda Firmware Downloader to get the latest version of firmware for your model and trim, but you have to have the correct TSB number and input your VIN in order to do so (the old downloader no longer works and the new one requires dealer/service login). For the 2016 Civic Touring Coupe, the 19-101 TSB (for the 2016-2017 sedans and coupes) was the most recent one with an infotainment firmware update that I could find. I did this a few months ago, so I don't know if there is anything newer available now. Anyway, I was able to successfully update my firmware from 1.F186.69 to 1.F197.60 (the firmware version number is different for the sedans 2017 models) by following the instructions in the TSB.

Note: If your current firmware version is higher than the one listed on the most recent TSB, I wouldn't try to update it, as it may brick the head unit.

Edit: I believe I still have the files for the 1.F197.60 update (see below). The firmware I'm putting here is good only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans (EX, EX-T, Touring). It lists 1.F196.39 for the 2017 models, which I don't have. The files are linked below:

TSB 19-101 (has instructions on how to update infotainment)
1.F197.60 firmware update (only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans with EX, EX-T, or Touring trim)

Last edited:

Musclebadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I wouldn't use the 1.F197.00 file unless your car is a hatchback, as it seems it can cause issues if the firmware isn't made for your specific configuration. You can use the Honda Firmware Downloader to get the latest version of firmware for your model and trim, but you have to have the correct TSB number and input your VIN in order to do so. For example, I have a 2016 Civic Touring Coupe and the 19-101 TSB (for the 2016-2017 sedans and coupes) was the most recent one with a infotainment firmware update that I could find. I did this a few months ago, so I don't know if there is anything newer available now. Anyway, I was able to successfully update my firmware from 1.F186.69 to 1.F197.60 (the firmware version number is different for the sedans) by following the instructions in the TSB.

Note: If your current firmware version is higher than the one listed on the most recent TSB, I wouldn't try to update it, as it may brick the head unit.
Where do you find out the TSB version?

John H

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Is there any updates for the LX trim? mine is 1.F186.69 and its really buggy with carplay and all.

Noschvt

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't use the 1.F197.00 file unless your car is a hatchback, as it seems it can cause issues if the firmware isn't made for your specific configuration. You can use the Honda Firmware Downloader to get the latest version of firmware for your model and trim, but you have to have the correct TSB number and input your VIN in order to do so (the old downloader no longer works and the new one requires dealer/service login). For the 2016 Civic Touring Coupe, the 19-101 TSB (for the 2016-2017 sedans and coupes) was the most recent one with an infotainment firmware update that I could find. I did this a few months ago, so I don't know if there is anything newer available now. Anyway, I was able to successfully update my firmware from 1.F186.69 to 1.F197.60 (the firmware version number is different for the sedans 2017 models) by following the instructions in the TSB.

Edit: I believe I still have the files for the 1.F197.60 update (see below). The firmware I'm putting here is good only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans (EX, EX-T, Touring). It lists 1.F196.39 for the 2017 models, which I don't have. The files are linked below:

1.F197.60 firmware update (only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans with EX, EX-T, or Touring trim)
I installed this firmware on my 2016 Civic EX-T and while the install seemed to go fine, all I have now is a black screen. I still get the backup cam in reverse, and change temps with the knob, but nothing else. Any suggestions before I call the dealer?

TabsAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag

Do you put the zip file itself on the USB drive or do you extract it first?

alexproshak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2016
Country flag
Very good afternoon
Sorry, maybe this information has been floating already somewhere. I have updated my Civic X 2016 to F197, which killed audio thru my AAuto. May anyone of you give a link to an earlier version? F196 or even F18xxx?

Thanks!

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Very good afternoon
Sorry, maybe this information has been floating already somewhere. I have updated my Civic X 2016 to F197, which killed audio thru my AAuto. May anyone of you give a link to an earlier version? F196 or even F18xxx?

Thanks!
You cannot downgrade a firmware once upgraded. Take it to dealer and ask for replacement if you have warranty
Sponsored