Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
Just seeing what’s available and what’s safe to do on my car.
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You can purchase custom tune from Two Step Performance or Innovative Motorworks. DRob is currently the best tuner for gen. 10 platform should you look for maximizing the power of your engine through bolt on or even upgrading internal parts such as connecting rod, etc.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
http://powermetric.net/ specialize in only hondata. Tunes are done by Dbutler who works directly with hondata
this doesn’t fill me with confidence...

Our 10th gen Civic 1.5T CVT Stage 1 tune was created with the help of @hatchback_kevzter (before he went Flex Fuel & @Si_Kevzter) utilizing Hondata's latest software features while ignoring the limitations of the CVT transmission”

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Also remember he has tuned ososickmedia SI into a 12 second 1/4 mile, and then into an 11 second 1/4

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
this doesn’t fill me with confidence...

Our 10th gen Civic 1.5T CVT Stage 1 tune was created with the help of @hatchback_kevzter (before he went Flex Fuel & @Si_Kevzter) utilizing Hondata's latest software features while ignoring the limitations of the CVT transmission”
I never used Powermetric tune but I think the statement regarding "ignoring the limitations of the CVT transmission" means torque limiter is set higher than 250 nm. In this case, TSP Stage-1 also ignoring the limitations of CVT transmission in regards to torque limiter setting in Flashpro.

Tego0189

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I never used Powermetric tune but I think the statement regarding "ignoring the limitations of the CVT transmission" means torque limiter is set higher than 250 nm. In this case, TSP Stage-1 also ignoring the limitations of CVT transmission in regards to torque limiter setting in Flashpro.
Isn't that a chance we all take once we tune our car?

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Isn't that a chance we all take once we tune our car?
Not necessarily.

My car is CVT & custom tuned but we don't change torque limiter beyond 250 nm as suggested by Hondata. The car is not a 12 second car but it is quick and drive better than +6 PSI OTS tune. Max boost is only 20.4 PSI, which is similar with +6 PSI OTS tune, but we adjust ignition. The result is 30 BHP higher vs. +6 PSI.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Not necessarily.

My car is CVT & custom tuned but we don't change torque limiter beyond 250 nm as suggested by Hondata. The car is not a 12 second car but it is quick and drive better than +6 PSI OTS tune. Max boost is only 20.4 PSI, which is similar with +6 PSI OTS tune, but we adjust ignition. The result is 30 BHP higher vs. +6 PSI.
Your saying a cvt cant go higher than 20psi? Ktuner is 21 psi

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Just seeing what’s available and what’s safe to do on my car.
I have full bolts on and the w1 turbo upgrade, however I ran into problems with my custom tune from drob, my car is overshooting boost causing the throttle to close lowering boost, this does not happen to the 21psi basemap tune on the ktuner but I use to have problems with the ktuner base maps until the have updated their app and it was fix, but it seems they've updated their software to fix Only their maps and not any custom maps.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your saying a cvt cant go higher than 20psi? Ktuner is 21 psi
Boost is not everything for power. That's just my tuning strategy I communicated to my custom tuner. In fact, my car generated more power (24 BHP higher) than 21 PSI KTuner OTS tune. Same dyno same workshop.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Boost is not everything for power. That's just my tuning strategy I communicated to my custom tuner. In fact, my car generated more power (24 BHP higher) than 21 PSI KTuner OTS tune. Same dyno same workshop.
Wow I always thought more psi means the car will be faster, thanks

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
THAT is the kind of tune I’m looking for. I know there is power to be made outside of just cranking up the boost... and I’d like to keep the increase in boost to a minimum. I’m not looking to make crazy power, but I know there is power left on the table with the stock tune and even with a +3 or +6 tune.

was your tune a dyno tune? Or eTune? And who did the tune??

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
THAT is the kind of tune I’m looking for. I know there is power to be made outside of just cranking up the boost... and I’d like to keep the increase in boost to a minimum. I’m not looking to make crazy power, but I know there is power left on the table with the stock tune and even with a +3 or +6 tune.

was your tune a dyno tune? Or eTune? And who did the tune??
It was e-tune.

Steve from E-Tunez did the custom tuning. I chose E-Tunez because they don't lock the calibration and they are great to work with. I provided my tune as basemap to customize instead of OTS or tuner basemap. I use dyno to measure improvement and further check on knock using knock headphone.
Sponsored