Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
for me it would be more to not give money to china who is currently destryoing the world than to pay more for quality products. IMO, PRL and 27WON would be for those who will be modifying their turbo at one point, where the REV9 and others are for those who don't plan on heavy mods or tracking the car a lot.
Myself I'll still go for PRL or 27 WON because made in America and not China, I'll save up a bit longer that's it. There isn't a way to currently not buy anything made in china as with their way of doing business they ensured we have to for a lot of stuff.

Sorry for the tangeant and I'm not judging anyone who does buy cheap chinese parts, that's your choice, not mine.
Sponsored

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
for me it would be more to not give money to china who is currently destryoing the world than to pay more for quality products. IMO, PRL and 27WON would be for those who will be modifying their turbo at one point, where the REV9 and others are for those who don't plan on heavy mods or tracking the car a lot.
Myself I'll still go for PRL or 27 WON because made in America and not China, I'll save up a bit longer that's it. There isn't a way to currently not buy anything made in china as with their way of doing business they ensured we have to for a lot of stuff.

Sorry for the tangeant and I'm not judging anyone who does buy cheap chinese parts, that's your choice, not mine.
So what exactly are you saying aside from you wonā€™t buy parts from China? Whereā€™s the review or question at? Lol.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
So what exactly are you saying aside from you wonā€™t buy parts from China? Whereā€™s the review or question at? Lol.
I'm saying it does seem like that intercooler does work for lightly modded cars that don't see regular hard use on track, but if your plans are to go with a bigger turbo and other high power mods, the more expensive intercoolers will become worth the extra cash.

Just not a fan of buying chinese when there are other options is all I'm saying.

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
I'm saying it does seem like that intercooler does work for lightly modded cars that don't see regular hard use on track, but if your plans are to go with a bigger turbo and other high power mods, the more expensive intercoolers will become worth the extra cash.

Just not a fan of buying chinese when there are other options is all I'm saying.
For all we know the Rev9 could handle a 600 HP build like a champ. And I get not wanting to buy Chinese anything, but 1. Weā€™re forced to and 2. ā€œMade in USAā€ on anything jacks the price up 50% - 300% just because of that. Iā€™m a musician, ask me if a $3,000 Gibson is worth $3k. So many companies ride that Made in USA train so hard yet put out inferior products to Chinese products, overcharge like crazy for their products, or both. I get things cost more to manufacture here, I do, but 50%-300% more than goods made overseas? I just donā€™t buy it half the time.

Plus letā€™s be real, no government is ruining our country more than our own. Those Rā€™s and Dā€™s have been out to oppress and rob from us for the last 50 years. Coronavirus stimulus ring a bell? We all got had lol.

A lot of the time Chinese stuff sucks and I wonā€™t buy it, but every once in a while they hit us with a surprise and come out with a great product at a killer price. So far it seems like the Rev9 IC was a home run and Iā€™d love to see it on a turbo swap build to see what it can handle.

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I did further observation on Rev9 IC by comparing IAT temperature vs. stock iC measured by Hondata.

Stock IC information was retrieved from custom tuning datalog session with 3 WOT. I took the same route at the same time as stock IC datalog session when recording datalog for Rev 9 IC. Ambient temp was 33 celcius in each session.

Stock IC was +25 celcius at the end of datalogging session. Rev9 IC was.+17 celcius. Traffic going back home after WOT run was worst during Rev9 IC datalog session.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how Rev9 IC performed.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag

I hear you. I normally wouldnā€™t look twice at a ā€œcheapā€œ brand but what caught my eye is that this Rev9 intercooler appears to be identical to units offered by other brands who likely source from the exact same supplier, then markup 100% or more to put their name on it. I donā€™t see many complaints about the other brands, or this brand.

PRL and 27Won are on the borders of my radar. But i usually tend to favor Japanese companies over American. Which is one reason Iā€™ve been heavily considering going Greddy. Another reason being the Greddy intercooler is CARB legal, which is a huge bonus for me here in Cali. Itā€™s just hard to pass up an over $300 price difference.

Donk232

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si-sold, 1999 crv-sold, 2014 crv, 2017 civic si
Country flag
There are also eBay/Amazon knock off injen intercoolers that I haven't seen reviews on. But quality companies seem to have rebranded this one and have nice lil R&D claims for their products.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag

dude we all wear made in china stuff, even most of the car parts and Tesla battery parts come from China.....not all Chinese stuff are low or bad quality.....many Asian countries using rev9 intercoolers even on German cars. Obviously PRL, 27won and mishimoto would be a lot better then rev9 but if u cant afford these brands then theres no harm in getting rev9 intercooler.

TWGVinny

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Anyone running this in Arizona. Wanted to put a better intercooler thatā€™s more efficient out here in AZ. Not going on a si but a civic sport. Itā€™s a daily driver so I donā€™t need anything fancy. But the heat soak is real!

Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
So after 12 days I finally got my Rev9 IC in the mail. It took me longer to open the box then the install probably will but thatā€™s whatever lol. I ordered silver, they sent me black. It still looks great, and even though itā€™s not anodized they did a good job on the paint. Itā€™s obvious that itā€™s a high temp engine enamel paint from the slight build up and overspray on the end of the end tanks (no biggie) but itā€™s also better than I could have ever done. Iā€™m assuming they use a machine to spray them while theyā€™re hanging because itā€™s consistent on every inch of the thing. On the bright side I messaged the seller letting them know and they replied immediately and flat out asked if I wanted to send it back for free or get $40 back to my card for the error. Obviously I took the $40. So done and said I paid $227 after tax. Thatā€™s 60% cheaper than the Mishimoto mind you.

But my question. I know a few years back a couple of YouTube vids were going around with one saying how painting your IC black is better, then another saying itā€™s bad. Factory anodizing is obviously the best for any color as itā€™s being done correctly and itā€™s an expensive process to do. So does anyone think Iā€™ll ever encounter any issues from having the painted black IC or am I just overly concerned? I mean I guess black will help show the red better from the 13ā€ wide stencil I had made on Etsy in the factory ā€˜Siā€™ logo that Iā€™m going to spray on it lol.

Last edited:

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So after 12 days I finally got my Rev9 IC in the mail. It took me longer to open the box then the install probably will but thatā€™s whatever lol. I ordered silver, they sent me black. It still looks great, and even though itā€™s not anodized they did a good job on the paint. Itā€™s obvious that itā€™s a high temp engine enamel paint from the slight build up and overspray on the end of the end tanks (no biggie) but itā€™s also better than I could have ever done. Iā€™m assuming they use a machine to spray them while theyā€™re hanging because itā€™s consistent on every inch of the thing. On the bright side I messaged the seller letting them know and they replied immediately and flat out asked if I wanted to send it back for free or get $40 back to my card for the error. Obviously I took the $40. So done and said I paid $227 after tax. Thatā€™s 60% cheaper than the Mishimoto mind you.

But my question. I know a few years back a couple of YouTube vids were going around with one saying how painting your IC black is better, then another saying itā€™s bad. Factory anodizing is obviously the best for any color as itā€™s being done correctly and itā€™s an expensive process to do. So does anyone think Iā€™ll ever encounter any issues from having the painted black IC or am I just overly concerned? I mean I guess black will help show the red better from the 13ā€ wide stencil I had made on Etsy in the factory ā€˜Siā€™ logo that Iā€™m going to spray on it lol.
My IC is also black. I never compare the differences between black and silver IC but from watching YouTube videos about this, I concluded silver IC handling heat better than black IC during the stop and go.

My IC perform slightly better than stock during stop and go traffic (between -8 and -10 degree celcius vs. stock) but perform much better than stock when cruising and aggressive driving.

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag

Bro you saying to much 99.9% of all you own comes out of China or any other Asian nation for that fact. All these Intercoolers are made by computers and welded by computers removing human error. Stop that weak as shit

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag

Buy cheap chinese parts but you wear their Nikes though ??ā€ā™‚???? sound dumb as hell Bump