Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED)

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Last night at Buckeye Honda in Lancaster, OH, I purchased their first Civic Touring 2016 in the White Orchid Pearl. I'm loving the car so far (duh) and it's a huge step up from the 2006 Civic LX I had been driving. My wife also loves the car and the color. She says I'm not getting anything else for Christmas :) :) I'll post some pics later. Let me know if there's anything anyone wants to see or if anyone has any questions about the car! This car has the ivory interior.

The dealer was willing to budge on price a little bit. He came down from the MSRP of $27,335 to $26,700. He also threw in the mud flap things and floor mats. I felt like it was a decent deal since other dealerships in the area weren't willing to budge on price at all.

:):):)
Sponsored

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Congrats!! Pix please....Favorite features so far? How is the rear visibility?

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Congratulations - can you please post a photo of the dash and headliner ? I am trying to decide what color to get and it will be a long while before a touring hits North Texas

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Rear visibility doesn't seem too bad to me. I think you can't see as far down, if that makes sense, because the rear of the Civic kind of comes up in the back. But left to right visibility is fine. I just can't see the front end of those cars that are really close (of course I can still see that they're there - it's just different from what I'm used to in my 2006 Sedan).

I haven't had too much of a chance to play around with it. I love the information display by the speedometer & tach. I like how when I'm running navigation, the next turn will show up in my info display. The interior is really nice. The leather on the front seats seems really high quality and I love the two tone of the black & ivory. I played around a little with Android Auto. I'm liking it so far.

The engine is of course awesome. I love the turbo. I'm not much of a car fanatic but coming from my 2006 Civic LX, this is night/day. This feels like a luxury car to me. I absolutely love the color. It really shines in the dark under the lights and looks great in the light of day also. My wife loves the pearly nature of the color and I do as well.

A couple things I don't like as much: My right elbow hasn't quite found a good place to rest yet. On my 2006 sedan there was the center console with a nice large area to rest an arm/elbow. There's kind of that in the 2016 but there's a weird crease where two of the parts meet which feels a little uncomfortable. Hard to explain but this probably depends on how you're used to resting your arm when you drive if this will bother anyone else.

I don't know if I'm feeling the two tiered storage in the console. I have a USB cord routed from underneath up to the little storage area in front of the shifter. So I have my phone resting in there but honestly there's barely enough room for my phone to fit in there. And if I want to pick up my phone and fiddle with it while the USB cord is plugged in, the cord gets pulled out and it's hard to get it back in place since it's routed to that underneath port. It's just kind of weird how they have it all laid out. I wish the Android Auto worked over Bluetooth. However, since I navigation built into the Touring, I may just not use Android Auto and use the bluetooth for Audio and built-in apps/Nav for everything else. That way I can avoid plugging my phone in the USB for anything but occasional charging.

I'll report back as I get a chance to play around with things. There's so much to learn about the features and all the buttons. I don't know what everything does yet.

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Congratulations - can you please post a photo of the dash and headliner ? I am trying to decide what color to get and it will be a long while before a touring hits North Texas
Will do as soon as I can. At work today and bible study tonight :(

UpperLeftUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
The interior is really nice. The leather on the front seats seems really high quality and I love the two tone of the black & ivory.
What color leather seats do you have? I've been looking for a white Touring with black leather, and it seems right next to impossible to locate. I've even researched over a couple state borders.

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
What color leather seats do you have? I've been looking for a white Touring with black leather, and it seems right next to impossible to locate. I've even researched over a couple state borders.
The leather seats I have are the ivory color (tan-ish). I really like the ivory. It pairs well with the rest of the mostly black interior. I'll try to get some pics up over the next couple days.

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice. That's the same config I'm trying to get.

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
When I leased my white orchid pearl (should be picking it up tomorrow) my dealer also went down a bit from MSRP for me. I got the EX but I saw the white touring when I was there and good gawd. That turbo tag, the chrome handles, etc...just beautiful. Super impressed with what I saw.

Congrats dude.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have always said I don't what ivory interior but it looks striking with the stripe and contrasts - I have just never seen the view looking towards the front to see how all of it connects with the headliner. Can't wait to see your photos. Gorgeous car.

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02309-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02310-2
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02311-3
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02312-4
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02313-5
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02314-6
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02315-7
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02316-8
Honda Civic 10th gen Purchased a White Orchid Pearl Touring last night! (PICS INCLUDED) DSC02317-9

Hopefully this gets you guys what you're looking for in terms of the color and how the ivory works with the rest of the interior. Unfortunately the lighting sucks in my garage so I did my best! Thankfully my camera is decent. Let me know if you want to see anything else.

OP
OP

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
When I leased my white orchid pearl (should be picking it up tomorrow) my dealer also went down a bit from MSRP for me. I got the EX but I saw the white touring when I was there and good gawd. That turbo tag, the chrome handles, etc...just beautiful. Super impressed with what I saw.

Congrats dude.
Thanks! Loving it so far and getting used to the quirks that owning a car that you haven't been driving for 6 years brings :)

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much !!! That just looks like a much more expensive, luxury car. I really like the stripe. Please someone post photos like this of the gray !! I have seen the black and the wonderful ivory now all I want to see is gray.

Last edited: