First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks bro. I might need to go somewhere else.

To give you an idea, my off the shelf Hondata Basemap had me at 345/309 HP on my first pull on a Dynojet. My Tuner did a few modifications and I was at 373/409 the very next pull. 409 torque is too aggressive without proper fueling from I am starting to see so we turned it down. We settled at 382/384. Granted it was only 80 out and not that humid, but still a good reference for you I would think. The Mustang Dyno you are on should be yielding you at least 370/370
Sponsored

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
To give you an idea, my off the shelf Hondata Basemap had me at 345/309 HP on my first pull on a Dynojet. My Tuner did a few modifications and I was at 373/409 the very next pull. 409 torque is too aggressive without proper fueling from I am starting to see so we turned it down. We settled at 382/384. Granted it was only 80 out and not that humid, but still a good reference for you I would think. The Mustang Dyno you are on should be yielding you at least 370/370
very helpful bro. Now to find another tuner.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just keep in mind, it's full well possible your IATs were just through the roof during your dynos.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
My car is 100% factory and just running on the Hondata E25 map (93 and E85 mix). The fuel pump is definitely maxed at 3-4k RPM (at max torque). Here's a 3rd gear WOT data log.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnsETrjqUgsutSytROOLkhErkJKj?e=r4QM0J

I did a few pulls and still don't see any knock. I wonder if there's more timing that can be added.
Doesn't look maxed to me on the fuel pump. You hit 93% at max, which is pretty close, but not quite max, and it's definitely not maxed later in the power band. Your fuel pressure stays steady.

I'm not super familiar with ethanol tuning, but it looks like your max boost target is pretty low too (22psi).

Do you have the fuel pump limiter on? Looks like you're just hitting the air charge limit, which can be increased a bit and is the first thing anyone should touch. Ignition could also likely be advanced some more too if you don't see any knock after bringing your air charge/boost up.

Honda Civic 10th gen The FK8 Wiki: Tuning and technical info 1594095652316

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't look maxed to me on the fuel pump. You hit 93% at max, which is pretty close, but not quite max, and it's definitely not maxed later in the power band. Your fuel pressure stays steady.

I'm not super familiar with ethanol tuning, but it looks like your max boost target is pretty low too (22psi).

Do you have the fuel pump limiter on? Looks like you're just hitting the air charge limit, which can be increased a bit and is the first thing anyone should touch. Ignition could also likely be advanced some more too if you don't see any knock after bringing your air charge/boost up.

1594095652316.png

I am pretty sure without the Hondata Fuel Pump, we shouldn't be running any E in our cars just because we get the same results with 93 octane. Perhaps his boost is so low because of his IAT temps?

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am pretty sure without the Hondata Fuel Pump, we shouldn't be running any E in our cars just because we get the same results with 93 octane. Perhaps his boost is so low because of his IAT temps?
The Hondata fuel pump lets you take ethanol much further, but it does have it's benefits on the stock fuel pump over 93. Not significant, but it gets you another 20HP pretty safely from what I've seen.

His IATs were only at 114F at peak, so that's not it.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Hondata fuel pump lets you take ethanol much further, but it does have it's benefits on the stock fuel pump over 93. Not significant, but it gets you another 20HP pretty safely from what I've seen.

His IATs were only at 114F at peak, so that's not it.
You can pull more power than 20 out of the E85 and more efficient and safer power at that.

The other benefits are filling up with fuel that’s cheaper than 87 and more effective than 93+ octaves. E85 is more consistent fuel station to station than pump fuel.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You can pull more power than 20 out of the E85 and more efficient and safer power at that.

The other benefits are filling up with fuel that’s cheaper than 87 and more effective than 93+ octaves. E85 is more consistent fuel station to station than pump fuel.
Good to know! Unfortunately there's like one or two pumps in a 50 mile radius of my home (near Orlando), so E85 isn't very efficient for me. I'm probably still gonna get a flex fuel kit so I can just get that extra boost of power every once in a while, though.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have heard of many people making the same power with an E30 blend, as those running 93 octane and even with the Hondata Fuel Pump they can still really only run E40.

I will say that E85 is more consistent, but our cars cannot run straight E85, even with the Hondata Upgrade. Or am I missing something here?

While E85 is also cheaper.... we get less gas mileage. So that should not be weighed as a pro.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have heard of many people making the same power with an E30 blend, as those running 93 octane and even with the Hondata Fuel Pump they can still really only run E40.

I will say that E85 is more consistent, but our cars cannot run straight E85, even with the Hondata Upgrade. Or am I missing something here?

While E85 is also cheaper.... we get less gas mileage. So that should not be weighed as a pro.
Oh, yeah - you can't run straight E85 on the stock pump. You use E85 to mix with 93 to run E30-40.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh, yeah - you can't run straight E85 on the stock pump. You use E85 to mix with 93 to run E30-40.

I know people with the Hondata Fuel Pump down here in Miami and they cannot go above E40. It still runs out of fuel.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that sucks.
I cannot imagine it being much different in other climates... Realistically the Hondata Fuel Pump only adds 25% more capacity. The E40 did allow them to break 400 HP though with a stock Turbo... so there is that. It seems that adding Meth has been a better option for Power and Torque. However.... the long term results are still TBD.... (I have a hunch that it's going to foul spark plugs and cause damage)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

1594095652316.png
Factory boost limits were removed. This is straight out of Hondata's E25 map. No further modifications were made.

I should clarify, 93% is the most I'd feel comfortable with the factory fuel pump. I want to leave some overhead.

The air charge limits are definitely set lower than the 93 map. However, I'm not sure if increasing those numbers will necessarily yield more power, as I'm guessing there's more timing on the ethanol tune. I'm sure Hondata left some room the table for safety. Hard to know if boost will actually mean more power without a dyno.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m running straight E85 with the Hondata Fuel Upgrade System on a dual tune 93 octane map. Runs it’s best on straight E85 that’s all I use I have a station 0.3 miles from the house and 5 stations in a 2 mile radius. It does burn about 20% more fuel but the difference in E85 and 93/94 is 30% higher so it’s a savings.

So in the long run the upgrade is paying for itself in my situation.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.