missdee

First Name
Dior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 lx
Country flag
Hi does anyone happen to know where the MAIN RELAY is located on my 2016 Honda Civic LX. Here’s a pic of my actual fuse box under the hood
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2016 Main Relay Location 61124237-90F9-4C91-ABAF-034F8DD02A92
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
There are a couple of fuses labeled "Main" and one labeled "Battery". I have marked them below. There is an additional cover that has to be removed to get to them.

Can I ask what is the symptom? Is there no power to anything at all?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2016 Main Relay Location 1593699772751

OP
OP
missdee

missdee

First Name
Dior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 lx
Country flag
There are a couple of fuses labeled "Main" and one labeled "Battery". I have marked them below. There is an additional cover that has to be removed to get to them.

Can I ask what is the symptom? Is there no power to anything at all?

1593699772751.png
Thank you!! mu car turns on but sometimes it stalls and when you press the gas pedal it doesn’t move sometimes. It takes a while for the gas to engage the car to drive

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you!! mu car turns on but sometimes it stalls and when you press the gas pedal it doesn’t move sometimes. It takes a while for the gas to engage the car to drive
I doubt it is a fuse issue. Is the Check Engine light on? (Engine icon) If so, get it scanned by an Auto Part store and see if it reveals anything.

OP
OP
missdee

missdee

First Name
Dior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 lx
Country flag
I doubt it is a fuse issue. Is the Check Engine light on? (Engine icon) If so, get it scanned by an Auto Part store and see if it reveals anything.
Engine light isn’t on. It for sure something with my fuel system. I’ve replaced everything else. I’ll try AutoZone later today. Thank you also I have 149k miles bought the car with 6 miles brand new. I drive A LOT

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Engine light isn’t on. It for sure something with my fuel system. I’ve replaced everything else. I’ll try AutoZone later today. Thank you also I have 149k miles bought the car with 6 miles brand new. I drive A LOT
Nice! I am only at 90K+.

I agree it is fuel related. What have you replaced so far? Hopefully you started with spark plugs?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Nice! I am only at 90K+.

I agree it is fuel related. What have you replaced so far? Hopefully you started with spark plugs?
It can also be the coils for each spark plug. But the computer should detect a misfire. Let us know what AutoZone says.

OP
OP
missdee

missdee

First Name
Dior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 lx
Country flag
Nice! I am only at 90K+.

Spark plugs , transmission serviced, fuel injector fluid, fuel pump relay,

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Spark plugs , transmission serviced, fuel injector fluid, fuel pump relay,
See what Autozone says, but I would bet on bad spark coils. It is not surprising that they would be bad after 150K miles.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
A main relay going bad usually don't throw any codes, it simply becomes and on/off issue.. my 6th Gen used to do the same thing also. Randomly die, fuel would cut out and not start.
Also don't forget to change the fuel filter, just a few drops of water in it from bad gas can block it up quick af and only let fuel thru in intervals, if at all. And yes, 100k is supposed to be the tune-up interval for our Civics