2020CTR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type R
Country flag
So I have 2020 civic type r and I was looking into getting Hondata and on the website it is saying I have to send my ecu in for jailbreaking since 2020 can’t be jail broken over obd2 . Is that true or is there a way I can do it at home or maybe a tuner in my area ?

I was about to pull the trigger on all mods (intercooler , intake , exhaust , Down pipe & front pipe) but not sure if I should wait now .
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So I have 2020 civic type r and I was looking into getting Hondata and on the website it is saying I have to send my ecu in for jailbreaking since 2020 can’t be jail broken over obd2 . Is that true or is there a way I can do it at home or maybe a tuner in my area ?

I was about to pull the trigger on all mods (intercooler , intake , exhaust , Down pipe & front pipe) but not sure if I should wait now .
You can do everything except the downpipes without a tune. A tune will bring out power in that though. That said, you do have to send in your ECU to Hondata at this time to do the jailbreak.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can run a DP with out a tune. If its catless you'll get a CEL.

I'm waiting to tune until Honata figures out the remote jailbreak.

OP
OP
2020CTR

2020CTR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type R
Country flag
I don’t think I can wait lol ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I don’t think I can wait lol ?
i sent mine and received mine already. there's no eta for when remote jailbreak will be available. it might not ever happen. depends if they're able to 'unlock' the ecu or not.

OP
OP
2020CTR

2020CTR

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type R
Country flag
i sent mine and received mine already. there's no eta for when remote jailbreak will be available. it might not ever happen. depends if they're able to 'unlock' the ecu or not.
When did you send it in and when did you receive it back ? did you overnight it ? Did you pay them first ?

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
When did you send it in and when did you receive it back ? did you overnight it ? Did you pay them first ?
I shipped it Friday, arrived at Hondata on Thursday, and I received it Tuesday.

I sent via UPS Ground. Overnight was $100, not worth it to me. Ground was $16. I have other cars to drive.

They charged my credit card the day they shipped the ECU back.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd have to overnight it so I guess that'd be $350 to get it done. Still means I'd be with out a car for 4-5 days.

I'm just going to hold out for a while.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Back in my day we didn't have no damn remote unlocks!

But yeah, none of those parts will do a thing without a tune to go with it. The intake won't have any affect either way besides sound. Jailbreak ECU first, parts later.

It's also true that they may never have it. They're breaking encryption, something that is by no means easy and in most cases impossible. The hands-on unlock involves them opening the ECU and sending electrical signals to specific parts and leads on the ECU. The remote unlock involves doing it via OBDII with either a falsely signed payload or another exploit.

There's a reason KTuner still doesn't have a remote unlock for the 2017-2019.
Sponsored