What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

97GS

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Hate the E-Brake!! always forgetting to set/release :(

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I was unaware any 2020 Si's were without HomeLink. The manual usually provides a separate explanation or remark about varying models and options. It does not say anything about rearview mirrors that do not have HomeLink, so that's a surprise.
Yeah, HomeLink isn't standard on US cars. It's one of the special features reserved for the canuck-spec Si. Like LEDs before MY2020, or the washer fluid tank on the other side of the engine bay (I guess the latter isn't really a "feature")

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, HomeLink isn't standard on US cars. It's one of the special features reserved for the canuck-spec Si. Like LEDs before MY2020, or the washer fluid tank on the other side of the engine bay (I guess the latter isn't really a "feature")
For SI, it is not even an option in US. I had homelink in older Honda.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love functionality, have 3 kids so I really need a car that can carry 5, and even so it is a little fun to drive, makes me feel young again, lots of dislike compared with older SI, 1st I miss the longer gears (going to 40 on 1st) miss the hand brake, can someone tell Honda to let us select sport mode or normal in a menu so I don't have to do it everytime I turn the car on, and if you use the cup holders it gets a little uncomfortable to drive.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Please forgive me as I want to chime in but don't own one yet... my wishful SI would have ...
#1 a spare tire !!!
#2 a different exhaust tip other than that odd shaped thing
#3 leather seat option or at least an option to get the cloth ones without red in them
#4 a manual hand brake
#5 No Fake Vents
#6 the 2.0L turbo that runs on regular octane like the Accord
#7 a choice of chrome/gray/black wheels at no extra cost
#8 all chrome or all black metal trim, not a combo
I could think of more but I will quit for now.....

What I do know from my test drive is how much I liked driving it over my 2006 Mazda3 ! I went and test drove a Toyota Avalon and Camry right after I had driven the SI and quickly decided that I can't live without the manual in my next new car. I really stopped to see if they had a manual Corolla in stock but they didn't so I tried the other two. And they were both very comfortable and nice but I was bored even in the short test drives without gears to to change.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Yeah, I seriously took my configuration from their website and said, "THIS" and the one I test drove had all the bells and whistles already. I needed a car ASAP before mine died at the side of the road, so I took the Black one from the lot instead of waiting for a Blue one. It already had everything, so I didn't realize HomeLink wasn't standard in the US. Seems like BS to me. I got everything I didn't even ask for or need and others didn't get what they're looking for.. Sorry about that. It's BS.

firesyde424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Parking brake noise, android integration, fake engine noise in sport mode.

Reactions: JMM

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I pretty much love everything about the car so far. I hate that I don't have enough money to buy all the mod's I want.

Sandman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI
Country flag
Love that its stick. Absolutely love the handling even in "Grandpa mode". Love the fact that everyone keeps looking at the car and saying "thats a cool car"

Hate that I have to get into 3rd gear before I get any real power. I often squeal the tires going into third do to the long hang of the clutch.

Clutch/transmission is temperamental. Somedays its perfect. Other days I have trouble "grinding until finding". It seems to like being out in the 95F sun all day...she is ready to run after that. The head unit feels like something from 5 years ago. Really? Lack of spare tire. I'm dreading the day that I get a flat with the little system in the trunk. Probably going to happen in the middle of winter at 5am. Can't wait for that.

Overall, I love the car and the price was excellent for what I got. Just annoyed at the little things.

SlowJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan. Black.
Country flag
I like the looks.
It has a nice aggressive look to it but no overly so.
I like the LED headlights.
It's more comfortable as a DD than the car this replaces; a BMW M3.

Hates:
  • Clutch and clutch travel - way too much and little feedback.
  • The cloth on the center console and armrests - it's like sandpaper. Wearing holes in my skin.
  • Fake engine noise - it's, well, too fake. Too boy racer'ish.
  • Pedal placement - ridiculous. I've been buying new cars for over 40 years with manuals. This is the first one (a so called sporty car) where it is impossible to heel and toe properly. Ordered and received the Acuity spacer.
  • Throttle response is slow. Blipping the throttle seems to happen a second or two after you actually blip the throttle if it even happens. It seems to have mind of its own. I find this to be one of the most annoying things about the car so far.
  • Rev hang. So annoying.
  • Steering. Over-assisted and feels numb. Too little feedback.
  • Brake pedal. Same as the steering.

I'm trying to like this car - I have to. I only have less than 300 miles on and so I have not really 'driven' it. I'm trying to follow the break in as outlines in the manual.

It's a nice little car it just has an overall feeling of numbness to it. Don't get any real feedback from the steering wheel, pedals, or by the seat of my pants.

I'm slowly warming up to it.

Sporin

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
Country flag
New owner, just over 1000 miles, and overall really loving the car. It's the perfect blend of sport and functionality and I feel great driving it. I think the price is excellent for all that you get.

I LOVE the way it looks, especially in all black. I need to wrap that awful chrome strip over the windows though.

I thought I was going to hate the 18" wheels and low profile tires given our terrible Vermont roads but it actually rides really nicely.

Things a lot of people hate (like the piped-in noise and parking brake) don't bother me much at all. I actually like that inside the car I hear fun racecar noises but outside I'm not annoying my neighbors. I'm older (turning 50 this spring) so I suppose that's part of it. :)

I don't have any real "hates", but I have a few little complaints and wishes...
  • The clutch feel is weird (glad it's not just me). I have way too much trouble driving it smoothly in comparison to all my past manual cars. I suppose that will improve as I get more used to it.
  • I know it's a rarity on any US sedans, but I'd love a rear wiper. I miss having it from my Prius and Rav4.
  • Homelink and a sunglasses compartment would be great to have.
  • I wish the compartment under the radio was a bit bigger. It's a tight squeeze with a plugged-in large phone.
Sponsored