letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Question, may have missed between the other Phearable thread. Is this tune something to be done on stock? I also plan on getting either the PRL or 27won Cai in a couple months. How does adding bolt-ons affect the tune itself? Would the tune need to be adjusted?

For the sake of this comparison thread, do the answers above apply to the tsp stage 1 tune? If not, how do they differ?
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Question, may have missed between the other Phearable thread. Is this tune something to be done on stock? I also plan on getting either the PRL or 27won Cai in a couple months. How does adding bolt-ons affect the tune itself? Would the tune need to be adjusted?

For the sake of this comparison thread, do the answers above apply to the tsp stage 1 tune? If not, how do they differ?
I believe both tunes were developed on a stock car but adding bolt ons is only beneficial and bring the tune more to life. That's what I gathered. I had just the cobra cold air with tsp then when I I went to catless dp and 3" exhaust it made a huge difference.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I drove 169.9 miles today and averaged 39.5 mpg. Probably 120 miles were highway where I maintaned 70-80 mph and the rest city. Last time I made this trip I had the TSP stg 1 tune and averaged 36.5.

Honda Civic 10th gen OFFICIAL Phearable stage 1.5 vs TSP stage 1 comparison 20200628_184122

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
So I've done research on whatever info and reviews I've found on this tune and I'm thinking this is the one for what I'm trying to achieve. I appreciate the review you've given OP. But when I looked on their website anybody notice the low WHP results on their stock Si? That hurt my soul a bit. I understand different temps, different calibrations, blah, blah, blah but damn that's 13hp lower than the average of what most dyno'd their stock Si's.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I've done research on whatever info and reviews I've found on this tune and I'm thinking this is the one for what I'm trying to achieve. I appreciate the review you've given OP. But when I looked on their website anybody notice the low WHP results on their stock Si? That hurt my soul a bit. I understand different temps, different calibrations, blah, blah, blah but damn that's 13hp lower than the average of what most dyno'd their stock Si's.
Well maybe the HP of their tune is lower than other dynos as well... That' would be nice.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm glad there's another option available. Time will tell as usage increases and more testing comes to light

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Well maybe the HP of their tune is lower than other dynos as well... That' would be nice.
What exactly do you mean? Having inaccurate numbers on a product you intend to sell isn't nice at all, IF their numbers truly are inaccurate.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What exactly do you mean? Having inaccurate numbers on a product you intend to sell isn't nice at all, IF their numbers truly are inaccurate.

Different cars get different numbers on dynos. The same car can have different numbers on the same dyno on different days

More testing will add more data to the pool land give us a better average hp gain for this tune

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I meant if the stock car hp is lower it must be their Dyno reads lower, so their tune number would be higher if on a different Dyno. It would be nice because if they claim xxx HP on their Dyno then we might see xxx +13hp on other dynos so the tune is actually higher hp then the advertise. And I'm not saying that's the case I'm I just meant that would be a win if we got more HP than advertised. It was hypothetical...

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I meant if the stock car hp is lower it must be their Dyno reads lower, so their tune number would be higher if on a different Dyno. It would be nice because if they claim xxx HP on their Dyno then we might see xxx +13hp on other dynos so the tune is actually higher hp then the advertise. And I'm not saying that's the case I'm I just meant that would be a win if we got more HP than advertised. It was hypothetical...
Ah, I understand sir.

DHM85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Different cars get different numbers on dynos. The same car can have different numbers on the same dyno on different days

More testing will add more data to the pool land give us a better average hp gain for this tune
You are correct sir, It's just that a roughly 13hp difference was a little soul wrenching. I'm not experienced with dyno's and I won't claim to be as I have never even dyno'd any vehicle I've own but based off of what has been posted about our cars in stock form I've concluded that our numbers were different by 5hp or so. Sure I have seen a little more or a little less but certainly not pushing 10hp or passed unless the individual was using 93 gas on stock then the numbers were averaging closer to crank HP at best.

Anybody else shoot under 170whp stock when dyno'd?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whether it be intentional or not, it one was to do a dyno pull using a car that just had the ECU reset and the knock control had not been given an opportunity to learn what fuel was in tank, the result would be several degrees less of ignition advance of what you would have using the same factory tune after knock control had learned down. This would of course present itself as significantly less power output. No idea if that is what happened here, but the concept is worth noting.

I've noticed that the Phearable tune has two sets of power figures being advertised. The more recent one has a lower "before" horsepower and higher "after" horsepower than what was originally marketed. Not sure what was going on there.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
If you have any questions about any tunes I can offer my honest input. I’ve used Hondata +6 tune, ktuner basemaps, TSP, and now Phearable’s tune.
If I may ask, do you find any of these tunes safer than the other? I'm a new owner of a 2018 Civic HB Sport and I have never driven a turbo boosted car. On the highway in 6th, I do sometimes progressively give it gas to accelerate and pass but heard that you shouldn't accelerate in 6th due to the torque these tunes churn out. Any insight or tips regarding these tunes and driving habits?

Friction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I may ask, do you find any of these tunes safer than the other? I'm a new owner of a 2018 Civic HB Sport and I have never driven a turbo boosted car. On the highway in 6th, I do sometimes progressively give it gas to accelerate and pass but heard that you shouldn't accelerate in 6th due to the torque these tunes churn out. Any insight or tips regarding these tunes and driving habits?
5th and 6th are for cruising. Since these cars have weak clutches I personally avoid going over ~50% throttle in the overdrive gears.
Sponsored