Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The day has arrived! Biggest exterior changes yet for the TYPAAHH! Spoon front and rear cf lip versions & Voltex Type 2v wing. Also picked up the jdm Honda Access fogs and new replacement emblems for the front. Next on the list is to finally install all the motor mods I have laying around in boxes and get it tuned.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC00958

Honda Civic 10th gen Kazuo_WFC 2017 Civic Type R build DSC00966

Last edited:

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Saw the pics of Instagram, looking good man! Props for going all out authentic!?

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Saw the pics of Instagram, looking good man! Props for going all out authentic!?
Thanks! Gotta make sure companies support our platform by buying up the expensive crap. Jk jk haha.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The day has arrived! Biggest exterior changes yet for the TYPAAHH! Spoon front and rear cf lip versions & Voltex Type 2v wing. Also picked up the jdm Honda Access fogs and new replacement emblems for the front. Next on the list is to finally install all the motor mods I have laying around in boxes and get it tuned.

DSC00958.jpg

DSC00966.jpg
I love everything about this.

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Quick post on everything done from 2017 till now....

Threw on 18x9.5 +45 Enkei Nt03RR wrapped in 255/40/18 Falken Azenis RT615k+. Also did Eibach pro kit lowering springs.

oNDGwgYl.jpg

In January I went to my first track event in almost 10 years...haha...I was extremely impressed at how well the car handled at Chuckwalla. After that 2 day event with Team Topak Racing I was hooked and back on that go fast life.

KYtqkS6l.jpg

A mod I knew I had to get after the track event was an exhaust as I couldn't hear the car at all with my helmet on. I ended up contacting Rampage Fabrications in Washington and ordering their full titanium 3" system w/ custom tips. Gabe was super helpful in making sure everything went smooth with the install as it was the first system he built after the prototype. Car was pretty loud but I've grown to live with it for the streets. On the track it's perfect and makes all the right noises so I can pay more attention to the road instead of my tach.

zaWBgy2l.jpg

P6x5Xxyl.jpg

gL3W9cCl.jpg

BbbqUEPl.jpg

Next Topak event was at Streets of Willow and I was super excited as I had watch so many videos and dvds showing this track in use. It was a dream come true for me and I also soon learned just how much tire melting action this track will induce.

Decided I wanted to have a street setup for wheels so I ordered some gun blue SSR Gtx01 in 19x9.5 +38 w/ 255/35/18 Federal RSRR. While I waited for the wheels to arrive I also ordered Fortune Auto 500 coilovers. Everything came together at the same time and I did the install as planned. I knew I would have to cut, bang and roll fenders to get this setup to sit right so I busted out the safety equipment and did the work necessary to make space for this setup and future wheel/tire setups.

H4OBCxLl.jpg

tEhvQr5l.jpg

MrYLML9l.jpg

kulP46Rl.jpg

I didn't use the sawzal in that first photo as it wasn't going to be good enough to make proper curves while cutting so I ened up using my dremel with a metal blade. The other thing I didn't document was that I used a 4lb hammer to push out the fender as much as possible without showing through once the plastic flare piece was trimmed and put back on. Everything is pretty straight forward once you take a detailed look at what you need to do if you want to make the actual flare Honda put on the car functional. Everything bolts/sticks right back up and you can't tell anything was modified unless you get on the floor to get a different view.

XQ2cfMzl.jpg

c8GZ0dVl.jpg

z0rn0BAl.jpg

After installing the wheels and dialing in the suspension I kept looking at the car day to day and soon realized....I don't like the ctr on 19s either...20s are goofy and 19s still make it look a bit odd to me...no offense to anyone that feels differently but I just needed to go back to 18s. Plus once I modified the fenders I knew the SSRs weren't close to pushing wheel fitment on the ctr. I've always been super ocd with my fitment on wheels and suspension so the ctr has been butchered to be the next victim to my obsession with that sweet sweet stance baby life.

Enter the 18x10.5 +35 Advan RG D2....

btV2FuXl.jpg

ewTinnZl.jpg

9RoFC3Vl.jpg

It was only a week with the SSRs and I hated myself for switching it up so fast because I wasn't satisfied...thankfully they sold very quick and I was able to bite the bullet on the Advans and tires at the same time. I also needed rear camber adjustment so I purchased a set of Hardrace rear camber arms from Nemo's Garage here in SoCal.

SeNFG2xl.jpg

0LPrLgWl.jpg

pPNoDVKl.jpg

These have the bracket to mount the sensor back onto them.

Onto the current street setup for the car:

IQDPOxxl.jpg

D7Sa5Gul.jpg

YpCZYZMl.jpg

hiP8bEol.jpg

These photos were taken before alignment was done....I just set everything to make it clear around most things. I still have more work to do on the fenders as it'll rub slightly on large dips...rubs on plastic under the front and rear that I just need to trim away.

Current alignment is set at F: -3.5 camber, 0 toe. R: -4 camber, 0.4 toe total

F4g8fNel.jpg

kOEsiT5l.jpg

Oh, tires are 275/40/18 Falken Fk510. Going to go back to the RK615k+ once I use these up a bit...maybe try 295/30/18.
Did you get rid of the Mugen stuff?

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Man I went full Mugen on my R, but wow Spoon overdid themselves on this one. looks amazing man.

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So many great little details you've addressed with the mods. Not too subtle, but it's all tied together nicely. Good job!

HelloImKevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
recently picked up a 2020 type r and attracted to your build the moment i saw it on evasive. Didnt know it was this extensive, but very good content to help me piece mine together. The Varis rear diffuser is niceeee

OP
OP
nojeebs

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Man I went full Mugen on my R, but wow Spoon overdid themselves on this one. looks amazing man.
It's never too late to change it up. :) And thank you!

So many great little details you've addressed with the mods. Not too subtle, but it's all tied together nicely. Good job!
I like to think of my taste in mods is "simple yet bold" haha. Thank you!

recently picked up a 2020 type r and attracted to your build the moment i saw it on evasive. Didnt know it was this extensive, but very good content to help me piece mine together. The Varis rear diffuser is niceeee
Grats! You're going to love it. In a perfect world I'd have love to reuse the Varis rear diffuser with the Spoon rear but the shape is really different.
Sponsored