What did you do to your Type R today?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
You can’t leave us hanging, confession?

Prolly done worse here, like wrestling butterfly clip when upgraded front pad kept falling through caliper and eventually I put it in backwards.. Moving car gave immediate clue, whew.

Your turn...instructions are often authored overseas and/or we’re all human.

Dingbat-The word 'dingbat' originally refers to to a character or symbol used in typesetting which gives an instruction to the printer. These should be removed before the text is published, but were occasionally left in by mistake. The character made no sense to non-typesetters and the association of "dingbat" with "nonsense" and "forgetfulness" carried over to describe people.
So my issue was with the little nuts that come with the snaps, one side is flat and the other is rounded. Long story short I was trying to make them work in the wrong position. They needed to be flipped and then the clips worked perfectly. After I got the first I did the others in about 20min lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Installed window visors. So happy I did! From Procivic. Super easy install (after an hour of being a dingbat)

20200627_122703.jpg
Nice. Are they semi smoked or is it the sun hitting in a certain angle? Thanks

aceofny

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stevensantiago.net
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Washed the R today which gave me a moment to appreciate the new Remus exhaust I had installed last weekend. I wrestled between the carbon fiber tips and the tips that look like the stock exhaust, and I ended up going for stock-like. The wife put up less of a fuss this way with lower cost, and I like the stock look anyway. All in all, it's a fun exhaust and I am just now starting to understand how to play it. Sidenote: Getting the original exhaust out of the shop was less fun -- picture attached for posterity in my friend's SUV. You guessed correctly if you believed his back door wouldn't close, and we had to move it to over his passenger mirror. Boy is that stock exhaust long.

As for the Remus sound, I find myself rolling the windows down at all times to hear the fun noises. Today I was at a stop light with a Mustang GT beside me and a crotch rocket behind him, and we performed an exhaust symphony for a couple blocks. It was marvelous.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_3624
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_3603

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my issue was with the little nuts that come with the snaps, one side is flat and the other is rounded. Long story short I was trying to make them work in the wrong position. They needed to be flipped and then the clips worked perfrctly. After I got the first I did the others in about 20min lol
Thanks for sharing, sounds reasonable. I get the in track ones without clips so this dingbat is less likely to mess up after dry fit before pulling red steps off. Dealer put OEM ones on the R as closer.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got nano ceramic tint Pinnacle series 25 all the way around except for the front window. And for the front windshield I got Air tint series clear

https://northamerica.llumar.com/about-us/window-film-brand/formula-one-high-performance-auto-tint
I don’t know about all that but many years ago I had M&M (before 3M) Robin Williams (not Sherwin’s brother) Nanu-Nanu budget glass tint series Juan (the installers name). For the front window I got Air tint Series Transparent and I guess that through the years it changed to clear.

Last edited:

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Still waiting on the Cam to arrive got it from Viofo directly for a good deal. I think Im going to try the top so I do not have to remove all the trim around the hatch, and if the view isnt good enough with the wing ill move it lower.
So I mounted on the low trim itself, just to the side of the wiper. No good. I've ordered an off set mount from the dashcam store. Once I get it and install it, I'll post pictures and videos of both mounts for others to reference.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Sidenote: Getting the original exhaust out of the shop was less fun -- picture attached for posterity in my friend's SUV. You guessed correctly if you believed his back door wouldn't close, and we had to move it to over his passenger mirror. Boy is that stock exhaust long.
IMG_3603.jpg
I'm glad you mentioned this. My new exhaust should be arriving in a few weeks, and I'll probably tell the shop to cut the old exhaust so it fits in the Type-R trunk.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Technically this was yesterday, but I autocrossed for the first time in my life with the CTR and won the novice class! I've probably just set myself up for a very expensive hobby . . .
Sponsored