CTR at (or below?!!) sticker NICE LIST!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
It's almost impossible to find a CTR for MSRP. The boost blue is selling higher than the other colors.
No its not....there is MSRP out there. For boost blue no unfortunately
Sponsored

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porche Boxster
Country flag
I've been looking and calling dealers around 25-30 miles around my home and all of the are selling above the sticker price. I would have better luck finding a used one in the low 30k.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where are you from?

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
I didnt think people would be able to get the boost blue for msrp but reading on here there have been fortunate buyers.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
I've been looking and calling dealers around 25-30 miles around my home and all of the are selling above the sticker price. I would have better luck finding a used one in the low 30k.
I just signed the paper work for an out of state purchase on a 2020 boost blue type r.

If you are looking in California, the mark up is absurd. On the boost blue it is absurdly ridiculous (up to 52K before taxes and fees). I got an out of door price on a 2020 boost blue for 42-43K out of state. I reached out to a few Cali dealerships who were sitting on a boost blue to see if they would match it....They did not.

One place had the nerve to call me a few days later for a follow up. The sales person asked if I was still looking. I informed him that I went with an out of state purchase. I then said he would have had a quick sale paid in full (cashiers check/wired money) on the spot. His replied to that was that California is an unique market which demands a higher price. This is an all too common phase I heard from many Cali dealerships. It is only unique when you find someone willing to pay 47-52K.

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just signed the paper work for an out of state purchase on a 2020 boost blue type r.

If you are looking in California, the mark up is absurd. On the boost blue it is absurdly ridiculous (up to 52K before taxes and fees). I got an out of door price on a 2020 boost blue for 42-43K out of state. I reached out to a few Cali dealerships who were sitting on a boost blue to see if they would match it....They did not.

One place had the nerve to call me a few days later for a follow up. The sales person asked if I was still looking. I informed him that I went with an out of state purchase. I then said he would have had a quick sale paid in full (cashiers check/wired money) on the spot. His replied to that was that California is an unique market which demands a higher price. This is an all too common phase I heard from many Cali dealerships. It is only unique when you find someone willing to pay 47-52K.
Congrats on the boost blue ! 42k-43k OTD is not bad considering

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got one here in SoCal and Boost Blue. It can be done! Check out my latest Youtube Vid if you guys have time to kill!
I saw your video and while I agree it could be done I believe they only did it because the dealer ad was a mistake. Most of us cannot get MSRP for boost blue.

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldnt get it for MSRP. Its tough to negotiate on a car they know they can sell for MSRP anytime. All they have to do is sit on it for a while and somebody will pay the premium. If it doesnt sell after 6 months they would entertain MSRP. What's your negotiating tool ?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I couldnt get it for MSRP. Its tough to negotiate on a car they know they can sell for MSRP anytime. All they have to do is sit on it for a while and somebody will pay the premium. If it doesnt sell after 6 months they would entertain MSRP. What's your negotiating tool ?
Patience is a virtue. I say if it's something that can wait and the situation puts you in a better place where you are now then go for it. I think the best comes to those who wait for the right timing in the end.

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porche Boxster
Country flag
Patience is a virtue. I say if it's something that can wait and the situation puts you in a better place where you are now then go for it. I think the best comes to those who wait for the right timing in the end.
You got the right idea and that's what I've been doing since the Fk8 been released lol. If I end up giving up--I'll probably wait until Acura's TLX type s.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Hey all, just picked up a 2020 CBP today $290 over the MSRP. There are couple CW and CBP Type R in Jersey selling at MSRP. I'm ok with the $290 BS ADM, since I don't have to drive all the way up to Jersey. Tyson Honda is asking 5k over MSRP for the 2020 RR.
Just curious, which VA dealer did you buy from? I am also in NOVA and bought a couple years ago, so I'm pretty familiar with most of the dealers here.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the situation with the factory for the Type-R. Are they open and moving again?