Kevin29

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BRZ Honda CRV
Country flag
Idk on the FRZ's but the ND2's actually have a bumped limiter and AFAIK no gear change so they actually have more MPH.

On the '20+ SI 2nd will end at 54 vs the 17-19's 57 on 255/40/17's.
If i go 2020 i guess could change tire size maybe, or could get a tune and move limiter up so equal with the 19. LOL just kidding i know i know!! ;)
Sponsored

BiscuitsnGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe, 2007 SI 4 door, 2003 SI hatch and a rotating fleet of beaters
Country flag
Hello all, I've got a 2019 Blue SI coupe and recently won the peru prosolo with 255 yokos and an Eibach 22mm rear bar

I already ordered the karcepts bar and have decided to take a run at nationals this year. I need new tires, trying to decide if I should stick with square 255s, square 245/40s or 245/45s, or 255 front 225 rear if the karcepts bar proves insufficient for rotation purposes(which sounds like it should be more than lively enough with it) Also looking to do a rear muffler delete for competition to save some wait and be able to hear when to shift, anyone know if itll pass sound?

My best runs from the peru prosolo. My first right and last left of this video ended up being my fastest recorded of the class competition, but of note the second right side run was .7 faster but I clipped the first right apex cone, and later on in the challenge I had a .4 improvement on the left side which with some bench racing mathematics would have landed me about 15th on pax, which I would be pretty satisfied with, and more rotation would've made the car quicker. Also of note the yokohamas were far from new, I used them on my time trials nationals competition sessions in my 07 civic si in max3, so they've been beat up quite a bit already. Looking forward to solo nationals!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 20200614_095918

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS photo0(1)

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Congrats on the win! Interesting that you were on Yokos...solo live said something else.

I’m on the way to Topeka right now. This will be the first event with the MAPRace exhaust with the more open front pipe. To be honest I don’t think it’s very loud even under full throttle but this weekend I will get some actual data. If this passes sound, I’m sure a muffler delete would easily pass as well.

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Ok, so let’s talk about launching this damn car on 45-run bridgestones...

First launch at 2k: huge bog
Second launch at 2.5K: still bog
Third launch at 3k: still bog
Fourth launch at a little over 3k: STILL BOG

I’m dumping the clutch when I want to go. The cat fees like the engine slams into the ground and then it goes. What am I doing wrong???

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ok, so let’s talk about launching this damn car on 45-run bridgestones...

I’m dumping the clutch when I want to go. The cat fees like the engine slams into the ground and then it goes. What am I doing wrong???
You are doing the pedal dance, right? The car has enough torque to roast the fronts. Just turning the stability control off with the button will make it do what you are describing.

burglar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hello all, I've got a 2019 Blue SI coupe and recently won the peru prosolo with 255 yokos and an Eibach 22mm rear bar

I already ordered the karcepts bar and have decided to take a run at nationals this year. I need new tires, trying to decide if I should stick with square 255s, square 245/40s or 245/45s, or 255 front 225 rear if the karcepts bar proves insufficient for rotation purposes(which sounds like it should be more than lively enough with it) Also looking to do a rear muffler delete for competition to save some wait and be able to hear when to shift, anyone know if itll pass sound?
Congrats! I think you're the first person to document success with the Yokohama on these cars, so you are trailblazing. Share what you find, as I'm really interested in trying that tire. Simmons had good luck with the staggered setup last year, but he ran BFG.

[begin complete speculation section]

I seem to think the car doesn't like to have what I would consider rotation. The electronics are pretty invisible, but the car is grabbing brakes and changing damping constantly which is what makes it punch above its stats the way it does. Stay below the threshold, and the car works with you. Get rear slip angle, and it starts working against you. I have zero data to back up my hypothesis, but I run the car "boring." Rear toe out to mitigate mid corner push, but no stagger and normal pressures so that it's not loose at all at corner entry. I ran the Karcepts at full stiff last season, and that wasn't enough to summon entry rotation. This is an off year for me, but I ran a local yesterday on the cheap (but quiet) Whiteline and I honestly have no intent to ever put the Karcepts back on, even if I take it to Lincoln next year. Car was great.

[end complete speculation section]

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
You are doing the pedal dance, right? The car has enough torque to roast the fronts. Just turning the stability control off with the button will make it do what you are describing.
Pedal dance as in turning everything F off? Yeah definitely doing that.

I got more used to it as we went along. I think the sweet spot based on my 60ft were between 2800 and 3000. That being said, I think 2.5 is slow. Is it better to skip the clutch a little bit or just dump it?

I'm giving the Yoks a shot this weekend. I'll report back. Todd Freeman was on yoks this weekend and had some good 60 fts. Ron had a bunch of 2.3 60s on older Stones though.

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
Pedal dance as in turning everything F off? Yeah definitely doing that.

I got more used to it as we went along. I think the sweet spot based on my 60ft were between 2800 and 3000. That being said, I think 2.5 is slow. Is it better to skip the clutch a little bit or just dump it?

I'm giving the Yoks a shot this weekend. I'll report back. Todd Freeman was on yoks this weekend and had some good 60 fts. Ron had a bunch of 2.3 60s on older Stones though.
I was having the same issue at Charlotte was doing 2700ish most of the launches but was just too low. 3K was same deal.

I was dumping and going WOT right at launch it and it would bog more as the boxes got rubbered in.

Everyone was on stones there and we were all 2.0-2.2 60' times

And to the muffler delete question above, my car was 85db at Charlotte with it. Should be zero issue with sound anywhere with that.

SCVanguard

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Unfortunately, we didn't run sound at Topeka because there was a NASA TT going on around the pad.

That being said...if you get the MAP exhaust make sure you tighten down the sleeve coupler pretty well. I was about 30 minutes outside of Topeka when I started to hear my exhaust getting really loud. At the next truck stop I found that the coupler had gotten loose and slipped off. Luckily, it was still attached to one of the pipes (hanging only 2" from the ground!) and I was able to get it back on for the 7 hour drive home.

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

I already ordered the karcepts bar and have decided to take a run at nationals this year. I need new tires, trying to decide if I should stick with square 255s, square 245/40s or 245/45s, or 255 front 225 rear if the karcepts bar proves insufficient for rotation purposes(which sounds like it should be more than lively enough with it)
Congrats on your win in Peru! Personally I think 255s still the best option...245/40 is simply shorter than 255 so it’s not gonna help with 2nd gear, and 245/45 has way too fat of a sidewall, you’ve probably seen Azevedo’s car in Peru with that setup.

Are u coming to champ tour next month? Otherwise look forward to seeing u at Nats!

squareback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si sedan, plus a bunch of Hondas and a GMC tow vehicle
Country flag
Unfortunately, we didn't run sound at Topeka because there was a NASA TT going on around the pad.

That being said...if you get the MAP exhaust make sure you tighten down the sleeve coupler pretty well. I was about 30 minutes outside of Topeka when I started to hear my exhaust getting really loud. At the next truck stop I found that the coupler had gotten loose and slipped off. Luckily, it was still attached to one of the pipes (hanging only 2" from the ground!) and I was able to get it back on for the 7 hour drive home.
When I had the MAP exhaust on my sedan, I replaced the coupler sleeve with a v-band clamp and never worried about it. As far as making sound, it was never even close to the limit, but it allowed me to actually hear what the engine was doing. The off-throttle popping was pretty cool, too.

squareback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Si sedan, plus a bunch of Hondas and a GMC tow vehicle
Country flag
Congrats! I think you're the first person to document success with the Yokohama on these cars, so you are trailblazing. Share what you find, as I'm really interested in trying that tire. Simmons had good luck with the staggered setup last year, but he ran BFG.

[begin complete speculation section]

I seem to think the car doesn't like to have what I would consider rotation. The electronics are pretty invisible, but the car is grabbing brakes and changing damping constantly which is what makes it punch above its stats the way it does. Stay below the threshold, and the car works with you. Get rear slip angle, and it starts working against you. I have zero data to back up my hypothesis, but I run the car "boring." Rear toe out to mitigate mid corner push, but no stagger and normal pressures so that it's not loose at all at corner entry. I ran the Karcepts at full stiff last season, and that wasn't enough to summon entry rotation. This is an off year for me, but I ran a local yesterday on the cheap (but quiet) Whiteline and I honestly have no intent to ever put the Karcepts back on, even if I take it to Lincoln next year. Car was great.

[end complete speculation section]
I think I’d agree with you. On my sedan, I was quickest when pressures were square due to the more stable entry in elements, and mine had the 25mm Eibach rear bar that worked flawlessly. FWIW, last year’s national champ car uses the same bar. Setup extremes that seem to work on some cars just don’t seem necessary on this chassis. YMMV, of course.

Johnathan

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Personally I think 255s still the best option...245/40 is simply shorter than 255 so it’s not gonna help with 2nd gear, and 245/45 has way too fat of a sidewall, you’ve probably seen Azevedo’s car in Peru with that setup.
Was Azevedo's car on the 245/45s for the whole event? He was only 0.003 off of Zelisko. I ran the 245/45/17s (Falken 660) at one event on concrete on oem alignment specs (Pins in place) and stock rear bar, and I liked them better than slightly pinched 255/40/17s. The 45 sidewall looks odd, but felt good. And it is a great fit for 17x8.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Si in GS 669801D9-EBC4-445D-8702-3E0DFECC64F4

bluehand

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Was Azevedo's car on the 245/45s for the whole event? He was only 0.003 off of Zelisko. I ran the 245/45/17s (Falken 660) at one event on concrete on oem alignment specs (Pins in place) and stock rear bar, and I liked them better than slightly pinched 255/40/17s. The 45 sidewall looks odd, but felt good. And it is a great fit for 17x8.
Yup, Azevedo has been running 245/45 since he got the car last year. I just don't like the look of 245/45 sidewall, looks like drag radials LOL!
Sponsored