Max horsepower

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there is some that dont mind voiding the warranty.
my 19 type R just hit 6k miles already have a intercooler waiting to be installed and cai and down pipe on back order should arrive in July. once installed going for a tune, i'm sure its going to void my warranty but thats the risk to building a car you want to enjoy

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there is some that dont mind voiding the warranty.
my 19 type R just hit 6k miles already have a intercooler waiting to be installed and cai and down pipe on back order should arrive in July. once installed going for a tune, i'm sure its going to void my warranty but thats the risk to building a car you want to enjoy
I wish there were more.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wish there were more.
sadly thats all i can do with mine since the part of Oklahoma i live in i cant get no better than 91 octane :( been thinking of running meth but not sure how fast it uses it since the tanks for it are small

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
sadly thats all i can do with mine since the part of Oklahoma i live in i cant get no better than 91 octane :( been thinking of running meth but not sure how fast it uses it since the tanks for it are small
I mean more people modding, not you personally. ;)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean more people modding, not you personally. ;)
I really want to tune but I don’t have the money to blow in case something goes wrong and I’m stuck paying out of pocket for the repair bill.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really want to tune but I don’t have the money to blow in case something goes wrong and I’m stuck paying out of pocket for the repair bill.
You said exactly what I did earlier, I think the majority would love to test upgrades and modifications on their vehicle but the budget prevents them from doing that on this car.

Otherwise we would have a lot more information available and less speculation.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You said exactly what I did earlier, I think the majority would love to test upgrades and modifications on their vehicle but the budget prevents them from doing that on this car.

Otherwise we would have a lot more information available and less speculation.
I already stretched my budget to high hell buying this car, although a few pay bumps have been able to make that less of an issue. Still, seeing how people customize their cars here has made me very interested in doing the same - it's just that money is a limiting factor.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll be quite honest it was easier to self “justify” when spending obscene amounts of money on a GT-R. It’s timeless and iconic.

Now don’t get me wrong I’ve said I love my CT-R just as much but very different cars in the public eye.

The money I’ve thrown into my CTR? Obscene. The power Obscene, it’s a Civic tho right? It has a Civic badge...

The necks broken when they see the civic badge and the performance they aren’t expecting because “I just raced one of these last week ? “? PRICELESS

Especially when many owners and even in general on the forums doubt the abilities to unlock game changing power. Nothing better than someone like let me roast this civic real quick and then turn to their friend and have to say WTF just happened because the percentage is even lower the an the “What Power Are You At” thread. it’s easy to click on the profiles of the votes to see the percentage of highly modified examples is extremely small. Way less than 1%.

In short I hope SEMA 2020 happens and I’m hoping everything goes well and as I have planned and I get the opportunity to meet some of you there.

The same example is applied when a heavily modified Si walks on a bone Srock Type-R.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
450 to keep the same power to weight :p A 6.66 lb/hp is a crazy power to weight ratio!
450 is the goal! I just got my car tuned by drob and it feels great but I already know in about a month or the next time I run into a c6 zo6 I’ll want more power lol so I think I’m gonna stop fucking around with di and go port injection full e85

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I’ll take 300hp in a 2,000 pound car type r needs at least 400 crank

"Listen, my friend, this is not an exact science. Of course, exceptions for the laws of physics must be made. But 300 horsepower covers the absolute broadest spectrum of cars. I promise you, cars weighing 2000 pounds, 3000 pounds, or 4000 pounds are all some sort of fun when they’ve got 300 horsepower, and not a penny more, nor a penny less. "

4piston

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Took me about 530whp and 500tq to pull on my old man's ZL1 1LE....and that's a 6 speed so the auto's are a little faster. Biggest issue was I had to hook up 3rd.....and then make 14 gear changes for his pull through one gear LOL. Now that I make more I can stuff that car easily. I did a 50-160 with a GTR that claimed "750whp" last weekend and we got him pretty good. I claimed "350" :)

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took me about 530whp and 500tq to pull on my old man's ZL1 1LE....and that's a 6 speed so the auto's are a little faster. Biggest issue was I had to hook up 3rd.....and then make 14 gear changes for his pull through one gear LOL. Now that I make more I can stuff that car easily. I did a 50-160 with a GTR that claimed "750whp" last weekend and we got him pretty good. I claimed "350" :)
He's modded I'd assume? Otherwise, why would it take you 530whp to beat a ~4100lb 650 hp car in a ~3100lb 610hp car?
Sponsored