Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@mdmayberry09 I was just at Serra on Saturday. Stopped by there in my boost blue R to order something from parts section. Come outside to 5 sales reps eyeballing it cuz they never seen color in person. ? were shocked when they heard I paid msrp at another dealer. Said all their 20s (grey and red) were marked up 5k and sold.
Sponsored

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@mdmayberry09 hellno , West County wanted 48k for that one. I got mine at bommarito about 3 weeks ago..already dropped good amount into it. Just hit 600 miles on Saturday.
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_20200619_124116_299

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type-R, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Did ceramic coating, tint, and debadged the Civic emblem. Loving it!!

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
@mdmayberry09 nah one at west county was reserved by their sales manager but he's holding off on closing deal because they trying to flip it for that huge markup. Originally he told me 52k back in april., then told another member on here 48k a few weeks ago when it first arrived to dealer. I ended up putting deposit on mine back in april at bommarito for msrp. Showed up to dealer on May 29th and I picked up 3hrs later. Pretty much from truck to bay for pdi then to me.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9FD1C12F-2E7B-4DF5-A75A-F4DE85F503B5
Dressed up the engine bay with APR Performance (3) piece CF Radiator cooling plate kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F17A1AAD-8014-4F4F-BCF6-AF0FAC53FB46
Required a little bit of modification to fit, but not bad.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 9097C72C-53FF-4082-8233-FE4BDC475CD5

Last edited:

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Good timing on this. I was just out in the garage seeing where I would install my front & rear dash cams. I'm pretty sure I'm going low with the rear mount, but would appreciate knowing what you decided and how you like it.

What am I missing here? What reason is there to remove this to route the dachcam wire? Also not sure what boot you were referring to, got a picture you could share? Appreciate it!
Where to mount the front is your preference. Probably going to have blind spots or be in your field of view. I'm going to move mine around and see other options.

The back (obviously didn't remove the wing)... But the video to removing the cover was nice to hide all the wires. You might be able to tuck them but in the end you will have a wire looping from car to hatch that may get in the way. By removing the hatch cover i was able to pull the wire in the sleeve with all the other wires going to the hatch. That way I'll never have problems with it shutting in the door or breaking the hatch seal and water getting in. But i warn get a fishing tool... And it's a huge pain because its a tight fit. But total install from fuse box to install is about 2 hours.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 20200613_150612

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Where to mount the front is your preference. Probably going to have blind spots or be in your field of view. I'm going to move mine around and see other options.

The back (obviously didn't remove the wing)... But the video to removing the cover was nice to hide all the wires. You might be able to tuck them but in the end you will have a wire looping from car to hatch that may get in the way. By removing the hatch cover i was able to pull the wire in the sleeve with all the other wires going to the hatch. That way I'll never have problems with it shutting in the door or breaking the hatch seal and water getting in. But i warn get a fishing tool... And it's a huge pain because its a tight fit. But total install from fuse box to install is about 2 hours.
Thanks :) That makes it clear. I actually did a test install of the camera last night (didn't run the wiring). Too dark to see what the rear looks like. The front I mounted on centerline under the Honda Sensing and behind the rear view. Pretty well hidden there. Here's a video from it;

NX211

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks :) That makes it clear. I actually did a test install of the camera last night (didn't run the wiring). Too dark to see what the rear looks like. The front I mounted on centerline under the Honda Sensing and behind the rear view. Pretty well hidden there. Here's a video from it;
Ok sweet I'll probably move my front there then... Just make sure when you mount the rear you get the camera in-between the defrost "wires" otherwise you may get a line in the video.
The good thing about blackvue is you can change the brightness settings to compensate for tint or whatever.

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
While this didn't happen today that it did happen on father's day when I decided to take the R out on the highway for a cruise with the family. Pickup truck blows by me and throws a huge rock into my window. I've got Exoshield PPF on the front windshield but that wasn't enough to prevent the window from cracking the next day. GRRRRR car only has 16, 000kms on it! You know you're from Alberta when your car has a broken windshield :(

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? IMG_8650

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? F97A1D79-F21C-469B-AE38-4FC1CCB614C1
Feel some of your pain, Steve. A rock nailed me also, about about a week ago...

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Type R today? 261BE8A4-C309-4F48-B315-9B60AFC20720

Windshield was replaced today. Highly recommend going through insurance. Shouldnā€™t negatively affect your rate. Paid a deductible of $250, but the OEM glass is over $600 alone.

While this didn't happen today that it did happen on father's day when I decided to take the R out on the highway for a cruise with the family. Pickup truck blows by me and throws a huge rock into my window. I've got Exoshield PPF on the front windshield but that wasn't enough to prevent the window from cracking the next day. GRRRRR car only has 16, 000kms on it! You know you're from Alberta when your car has a broken windshield :(

CaptClutch

First Name
Jaren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, '12 Toyota Tundra, '98 Civic LX
Country flag

IMG_8650.jpeg
I feel your pain, my CTR just rolled 7k miles and I'm having the 3rd windshield installed on Friday due to chips and cracks. To be fair I track my car and that's where it always happens to me.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel your pain, my CTR just rolled 7k miles and I'm having the 3rd windshield installed on Friday due to chips and cracks. To be fair I track my car and that's where it always happens to me.
i am knocking on wood now(my head) that I donā€™t get windshield damage as even in FL where there are no deductibles due to oyster shell roads, getting it replaced is still a pain in the glass.
Insurance companies first want to repair it if possible. Next th Er y provide you aftermarket replacement glass. If you want OEM pay diff yourself.
That didnā€™t work for me on a new Ridgeline just a few months old. That OEM windshield had special soundproofing and I wouldnā€™t allow SF to degrade my vehicle features. Look for features like that to assure OEM parts are done under coverage, not out of pocket extra.