First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can do a comparison video on crackle sounds between TSP and Phearable on a Borla exhaust when I get it
Sponsored

Lpskate21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe (FC3)
Country flag
Tsp stage 1 has a prl cobra race Maf specific tune file compared to the street Maf. How is Phearable handling that?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
So the only difference between the two tunes is that GOD mode is always toggled on with the $150 tune and not available at all on the $80 tune?

Lpskate21

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe (FC3)
Country flag
So the only difference between the two tunes is that GOD mode is always toggled on with the $150 tune and not available at all on the $80 tune?
Not always toggled on but a feature you can turn on. But yes that’s the only difference

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Not always toggled on but a feature you can turn on. But yes that’s the only difference
Ah yes, I see it's toggled with cruise main

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed phearable tune today. Tsp came in much harder at low rpms, but the phearable felt like it pulled harder at top end. The driveability is much better than tsp. Rev hang is dialed in perfectly. This tune feels very smooth the entire way to redline and like I said the top end feels very strong. Also this tune gurgles nicely on deceleration even without god mode activated. Didn't mess with God mode much so can't give much feedback on that yet. From driveability standpoint I'm super happy, engaging into next gear is very nice. Do miss the low end boost but it seems this is probably safer in the long run, not as much stress on internals at low end.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Installed phearable tune today. Tsp came in much harder at low rpms, but the phearable felt like it pulled harder at top end. The driveability is much better than tsp. Rev hang is dialed in perfectly. This tune feels very smooth the entire way to redline and like I said the top end feels very strong. Also this tune gurgles nicely on deceleration even without god mode activated. Didn't mess with God mode much so can't give much feedback on that yet. From driveability standpoint I'm super happy, engaging into next gear is very nice. Do miss the low end boost but it seems this is probably safer in the long run, not as much stress on internals at low end.
I imagine it probably handles better on stock clutch too, less slippage from low end torque.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I imagine it probably handles better on stock clutch too, less slippage from low end torque.
I've been furtunate with my stock clutch and have not experienced slipping yet with either tune. I'm at 10,500 miles but I don't get on it much in 5th or 6th and for the most part don't beat on it.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been furtunate with my stock clutch and have not experienced slipping yet with either tune. I'm at 10,500 miles but I don't get on it much in 5th or 6th and for the most part don't beat on it.
Yeah I rarely have slippage as well on stage 2 tune, but I think a lot of people push it too hard low end. I usually wait until full spool around 4k or 5k before I'm fully flooring it.

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Very similar to what I noticed. It’s like when you go from Ktuner to TSP it feels like you lose a bit of low end torque but the mid range and higher RPMs were way stronger. I think that’s a similar comparison to make also with Phearable. When you go from TSP to Phearable you notice the torque doesn’t build as fast but I feel it actually has more torque once it does build along with the stronger mid-range all the way to redline.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Can someone please explain to me what is meant by “shifts smoother”? I have TSP stage 1-I’ve always felt smooth shifting is up to the driver. Do the revs drop faster in Phearable tune? What exactly is different? My understanding is that you can’t get the revs to drop any faster unless you go to a lighter flywheel. I’m not trying to be contentious or anything, I genuinely want to know what people are describing that is measurably different.

OP
OP
SHAYN3R

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Can someone please explain to me what is meant by “shifts smoother”? I have TSP stage 1-I’ve always felt smooth shifting is up to the driver. Do the revs drop faster in Phearable tune? What exactly is different? My understanding is that you can’t get the revs to drop any faster unless you go to a lighter flywheel. I’m not trying to be contentious or anything, I genuinely want to know what people are describing that is measurably different.
it’s hard to describe. Once you feel it you’ll understand. The way the power builds is smoother, throttle sensitivity isn’t as instant as TSP, and it’s just easier to drive without any jerking.

You are correct when you say it’s generally dependent on the driver on how smooth shifts are. I think it’s the slightly less throttle sensitivity that makes it feel that way. I could row through the gears with ease on TSP’s tune also but for some reason Phearable’s just feels effortless.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
it’s hard to describe. Once you feel it you’ll understand. The way the power builds is smoother, throttle sensitivity isn’t as instant as TSP, and it’s just easier to drive without any jerking.

You are correct when you say it’s generally dependent on the driver on how smooth shifts are. I think it’s the slightly less throttle sensitivity that makes it feel that way. I could row through the gears with ease on TSP’s tune also but for some reason Phearable’s just feels effortless.
Thanks for the reply!
Sponsored