First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
G
Honda Civic 10th gen First noticeable change on the outside of my si IMG_20200621_100605~2
Honda Civic 10th gen First noticeable change on the outside of my si IMG_20200621_100838~2
ot the tint on my fog lights and headlights as well as the banner on top, put some tint on the taillights too.

CavCat

First Name
Santi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback 1.5T
Country flag
Looks great!

Connorsrandom

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
G
IMG_20200621_100605~2.jpg
IMG_20200621_100838~2.jpg
ot the tint on my fog lights and headlights as well as the banner on top, put some tint on the taillights too.
I love the look of tinted headlights, but how illegal is it? Trying to weigh the consequences with the good look.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the look of tinted headlights, but how illegal is it? Trying to weigh the consequences with the good look.
Depends on your state laws but it's pretty much not legal. You can get away with it depending on how dark you go and the mood of the officer that pulls you over. Keep in mind, this gives them a legal reason to pull you over which can lead to other investigative measures. Be sure to keep anything that is illegal (drugs, unlicensed firearms, dead bodies) out of the potential that could arise from a legal stop.

OP
OP

Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Depends on your state laws but it's pretty much not legal. You can get away with it depending on how dark you go and the mood of the officer that pulls you over. Keep in mind, this gives them a legal reason to pull you over which can lead to other investigative measures. Be sure to keep anything that is illegal (drugs, unlicensed firearms, dead bodies) out of the potential that could arise from a legal stop.
why would i be illegal? I mean yeah they're blacked out but its still tint and the light shines through just as well. Tbh you cant even notice it when all the lights are running

OP
OP

Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
tbh i never checked, but i haven't had trouble yet so we'll see. The lights all shine through perfectly so im nto sure id get pulled over while the car is running

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
G
IMG_20200621_100605~2.jpg
IMG_20200621_100838~2.jpg
Illegal or not, that looks sick as *cookies*
Whats the light output at night look like?

OP
OP

Shadid

First Name
Fadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Illegal or not, that looks sick as *cookies*
Whats the light output at night look like?
Thanks man, I fit some 5000k led fog lights in there at the same time so altogether it's great. From the headlights alone I don't think I lost much, if any, noticeable visibility

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
why would i be illegal? I mean yeah they're blacked out but its still tint and the light shines through just as well. Tbh you cant even notice it when all the lights are running
First, I want to be clear that it looks great (and it's something I am seriously considering doing myself).
In most states (if not all, but I'm not a lawyer) it is illegal to do anything that lowers the brightness of your headlights. I know it's tint, but it still affects how bright and how far your headlights will throw a beam of light.
So, as I said, it can give police a reason to lawfully stop you. Just be polite, tell them you had no idea it was illegal and you will remove it. And, don't have anything else illegal for them to find.
Enjoy your car. It's very nice.
Sponsored