First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Hello everyone

I considering to buy 27won intake. I like the design and the fact that the filter itself is accessible from the hood and no need to take the bumper off. Was thinking about PRL cobra but left this idea.

My only questions is the filter itself. 27won uses DryFlow K&N/AEM filter. I can't find any filtration test for this specific filter. Yes, I understand that they will allow for more dirt to come in but, how much more? (Project Farm on YouTube kinda killed the K&N filtration myth) Without the data sheets it's a little scary for me.

Are there any customers here that uses this intake/this kind of filters and did some oil testing after few thousand miles?

Thanks for the answers
Prozento
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
If you plan on tuning your ecu then go for CAI or it's useless and waste of money unless you need little more sound. I would say just stick with stock OEM filter as Honda know which is better. Also replace with honda air filter and it's the only part I would recommend to stick with OEM unless you tune the ECU

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
If you plan on tuning your ecu then go for CAI or it's useless and waste of money unless you need little more sound. I would say just stick with stock OEM filter as Honda know which is better. Also replace with honda air filter and it's the only part I would recommend to stick with OEM unless you tune the ECU
Thanks for the reply
My ECU already turned and intercooler coming in soon. I do want to upgrade the intake after DP/FP combo, and my concerns focus on the filtering characteristics of this DryFlow one, that I never used before.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I haven't made any research with oil analysis but AEM's dry flow filter has been a go to for me on my last 3 cars, which i drove for 2-300 000km each(2009 Suzuki sx4 had a CAI with a cone filter, 2014 Corolla and this Civic(def not 300 000k on this one yet, but 40k/year) had a panel filter) and never had a wear issue in the engine. I also never found sandy dust in the intake tract other than where i was driving in a lot of silty sand and even then it was minimal. I had worse filtration from an oiled K&N in my quad than the AEM dry flow.

Again, nothing scientific about this, just my opinion and yes, a stock paper filter will always be a better filter for keeping the engine clean as you can't get more airflow with the same size filter without letting more through.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Ditch the filter it comes with and install whatever brand you trust. Most filter brands make a variety of universal cone filters. Foam. Paper. Synthetic. Cotton. Whatever you want.
Sponsored