lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
hello everyone. i just put a $500 non-refundable deposit on a 2020 white si coupe. the selling price was $25905 + + $850 in fees. after using the $500 college grad rebate the OTD price would be $26255. do you think this is a decent deal? i’m located in Oregon if that makes a difference. thanks for reading.
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That doesn't sound like the worst price OTD. It seems prices are highest on the west coast, and those that get great deals usually shop around and do a lot of haggling while maybe not ending up with the exact color/body style they wanted. If a coupe in white is what you were hoping for then I say it was a good deal! :thumbsup:

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Wow a non-refunable deposit, not sure how legal that is lol (might depend on state actually).

Anyways, price of the car, does that include sales tax? If so, not terrible, but if it doesn't then that is pretty high. There's several threads on here, where myself included, got our 2020 Si's for $22,600 +/- $1k. There's even some who got them as low as $20-21k. Just for reference, invoice price is around $23,400, and you usually want to aim for that or below. Stack that rebate on there and you should be able to get it for $22,900 (or less) + $850 fee (which really seems steep too) + sales tax, etc. (if applicable),

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
That doesn't sound like the worst price OTD. It seems prices are highest on the west coast, and those that get great deals usually shop around and do a lot of haggling while maybe not ending up with the exact color/body style they wanted. If a coupe in white is what you were hoping for then I say it was a good deal! :thumbsup:
thanks for the reply! yeah the car was exactly what i wanted and there was any other options within 200 miles of my location. i’m excited!

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
Wow a non-refunable deposit, not sure how legal that is lol (might depend on state actually).

Anyways, price of the car, does that include sales tax? If so, not terrible, but if it doesn't then that is pretty high. There's several threads on here, where myself included, got our 2020 Si's for $22,600 +/- $1k. There's even some who got them as low as $20-21k. Just for reference, invoice price is around $23,400, and you usually want to aim for that or below. Stack that rebate on there and you should be able to get it for $22,900 (or less) + $850 fee (which really seems steep too) + sales tax, etc. (if applicable),
The only taxes was like a $100 tax plus $750 in dealer fees since i live in oregon. the thing is there isn’t any other location with the si near my location besides one who stated there was a $5k markup in which i promptly left. it’s probably not the best deal but considering the supply/demand i don’t think it’s too bad.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The only taxes was like a $100 tax plus $750 in dealer fees since i live in oregon. the thing is there isn’t any other location with the si near my location besides one who stated there was a $5k markup in which i promptly left. it’s probably not the best deal but considering the supply/demand i don’t think it’s too bad.
$5k markup lol.

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
$5k markup lol.
yeah it’s complete BS. he said a lady put in a check deposit 3 months ago to secure it. idk if he’s telling the truth or not. ron tonkin honda in portland btw.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
yeah it’s complete BS. he said a lady put in a check deposit 3 months ago to secure it. idk if he’s telling the truth or not. ron tonkin honda in portland btw.
Sounds shady to me. Another thread on this sub-forum mentioned they had to drive to WA from OH to pick up their SI. I think you did okay on the price, especially if it's exactly what you wanted.

Please do share a picture when you pick it up :)

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
Sounds shady to me. Another thread on this sub-forum mentioned they had to drive to WA from OH to pick up their SI. I think you did okay on the price, especially if it's exactly what you wanted.

Please do share a picture when you pick it up :)
oh lord. i was considering driving from OR to WA which is roughly a 2 and a half hour drive to pick up a white coupe si, but they said it won’t come for 3 month. And yeah it was exactly what i wanted and it comes in 2 weeks. i’ll definitely post pics once it comes in!
Sponsored