Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
I removed my SI spoiler in favor for a CTR spoiler. However, before I installed the CTR spoiler, I used a low lying LED trunk spoiler to cover the holes of the old one. The last pic is how I ended my whole set-up.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_2713

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_2716

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_2747 copy

Last edited:

ydnality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2010 Honda Fit Sport M/T
Country flag
Cool spoilers! Any chance you remember where you got the low lying LED spoiler from? Thanks!

I removed my SI spoiler in favor for a CTR spoiler. However, before I installed the CTR spoiler, I used a low lying LED trunk spoiler to cover the holes of the old one. The last pic is how I ended my whole set-up.

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2747 copy.jpg

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I really like the bare boot without any wing or spoiler look and it's popular here in Thailand for the updated models. Personally, I prefer to drive with a spoiler on especially at higher speeds.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really like the bare boot without any wing or spoiler look and it's popular here in Thailand for the updated models. Personally, I prefer to drive with a spoiler on especially at higher speeds.
I thought they all like the so called RS spoiler, aka Si sedan stock spoiler, over there?

Bannon

First Name
Bannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I thought they all like the so called RS spoiler, aka Si sedan stock spoiler, over there?
Yes, I used to see a lot of them with it but not so nowadays, some RS owners I came across has taken it off as well.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, I used to see a lot of them with it but not so nowadays, some RS owners I came across has taken it off as well.
How do they deal with holes left on trunk?

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It looks like your trunk is crooked, it can be moved forward couple millimetres on the LHS to minimize the gap near the glass and make the taillights lined up at the same time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_2713

LanceSI-10thgen

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI Sedan 2018 (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
It looks like your trunk is crooked, it can be moved forward couple millimetres on the LHS to minimize the gap near the glass and make the taillights lined up at the same time.

IMG_2713.jpg
Thanks brother! I did not even noticed that!

5th 3l3ment

First Name
5Th 3l3ment
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Si
Country flag
As promised here are some pictures for anyone wanting to know what to expect once you remove the spoiler.

To get the spoiler removed you have to open the trunk, (Duh) and remove the liner that is on the back side. There are a total of 8 push cap pins holding the liner cover on. Just use a flat head screw driver to pop them off. Once those are off you will see two very noticeable holes on the left , and right which give access to two bolts. The bolts you need to remove are 10mm, and are silver in color. Remove both and make sure not to drop them in the trunk lid (Not saying I did, but they are a pain to get back out;).) With the two bolts removed now comes the fun part. The spoiler is held in by what I would guess are push pins? Im not sure what they are called, but they are in there pretty tight. What I did was I went to either far corner of the spoiler, and placed a flat head screw driver on the very edge, and gently pried. You could use a plastic spudger or something else, but whatever you do make sure it won't scratch the paint. I wrapped mine in a rag. With enough force one side will pop loose from the trunk giving you something to work with. With one side loose move along the spoiler pulling upward. Don't pull the free edge straight up or you will break the pins. You need to pull up from the center lifting straight like you would a bar bell to your chest. With enough force the spoiler will come loose. Flip it upside down, and then prepare to remove the third brake light. Be careful not to pull too hard as the spoiler is still attached via the wire to the brake light. Remove the two Phillips head screws pictured below to gently remove the red cover of the third brake light. Once removed simply unhook the brake light, and the spoiler will then be free to be removed from the car.

Now thats as far as I went as I did not have the white rubber caps yet that I found on Amazon so i just reattached the spoiler until they arrive. The only thing now that needs to be figured out is how to remove the clip that plugs into the third brake light. I'm assuming that you could probably remove the clip, or last resort cut it (which I wouldn't recommend). Anyone who has an idea on that let me know. Anyway I think the car looks good without the spoiler, and it looks good with it. Its all about preference. Hopefully this helps anyone who wants to know how to remove the spoiler good luck!!!

IMG_20180813_142852.jpg

IMG_20180813_142907.jpg

MVIMG_20180813_143455.jpg

MVIMG_20180813_143503.jpg

MVIMG_20180813_143511.jpg
Is there a video im trying to get to mine so i can wrap my trunk and youtube is corn ball

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
What about the third brake light that’s required by law?

ydnality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2010 Honda Fit Sport M/T
Country flag
What about the third brake light that’s required by law?
You can probably add some LED ones on the interior behind the back seats, I’ve seen some on eBay etc
Sponsored