Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Gimmick? No
Features Yes

As an user you have the option of choosing which ever device you like best. Call it whatever you like.

I dont speak for my friends at the track. I speak my own experiences.

I gave OP my personal opinion of both devices. I never said ktuner were shit. I called your comment bullshit when you said ktuner is better than flashpro. They are both as capable.

I’ve never ran into any overheating problems when daily the car for a year on the flashpro.

And Im not here promoting anything I gave my opinion and the benefit of owning the device vs paying for a basemap from a dealer.
You must have a reading problem because no where did I indicate that one device itself was better. I said basemaps on KTuner are superior. That is fact.

KTuner maps run cooler, more reliable, and make more power.

I specifically said if the car is getting custom tuned it doesn't matter which route you choose. But those features you listed are honestly gimmicks. Sorry not sorry. The fact that Hondata lists a bunch of intakes for you to "select" and it makes no difference to the tune is in fact a gimmick.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I hate that Vit left the game before putting out some base maps for the R. I think he's one of the best 10th gen tuners around.
I second this. But others caught up and are on the same caliber.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
You must have a reading problem because no where did I indicate that one device itself was better. I said basemaps on KTuner are superior. That is fact.

I specifically said if the car is getting custom tuned it doesn't matter which route you choose. But those features you listed are honestly gimmicks. Sorry not sorry. The fact that Hondata lists a bunch of intakes for you to "select" and it makes no difference to the tune is in fact a gimmick.
In defense of flashpro the intake select thing is the only true gimmick. Eveything else is real and it has way more features. maybe on track its cooler, but on the street there are far more features that are utilized and liked by many.

Besides better basemaps, and cheaper v1.2,
can you honestly list anything that ktuner has that hondata doesn't? Not trying to bash, but I'm legit trying to figure out if there is any other benefits. Hondata has so much features that I can see myself utilizing and they will only develop and come out with more.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

True you were referring to the basemap. But once again your opinion doesn’t make it a fact. Not everybody tracks their car so in that case it doesn’t matter. Every car is different.

And about the intakes gimmick the intakes that doesn’t skew the maf’s those were a gimmick. But the injen and the eventuri v1 were not. Gimmick or not there a lot of features that are valuable for the user.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
In defense of flashpro the intake select thing is the only true gimmick. Eveything else is real and it has way more features. maybe on track its cooler, but on the street there are far more features that are utilized and liked by many.

Besides better basemaps, and cheaper v1.2,
can you honestly list anything that ktuner has that hondata doesn't? Not trying to bash, but I'm legit trying to figure out if there is any other benefits. Hondata has so much features that I can see myself utilizing and they will only develop and come out with more.
Currently there isn't any huge difference besides basemaps and cheaper entry cost. If you're going all out with bolt ons and tune, either tuner will do the same job. I personally went with KTuner for the better basemaps as I wanted to slowly add power to the car. I also didn't see any need in my personal usage case for the "features" available on Hondata.

A couple of things I dislike about Hondata: gimmicky features which I've expressed already and the fact that they release a fuel system that is marginally better than stock for 3k. That's just laughable.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Currently there isn't any huge difference besides basemaps and cheaper entry cost. If you're going all out with bolt ons and tune, either tuner will do the same job. I personally went with KTuner for the better basemaps as I wanted to slowly add power to the car. I also didn't see any need in my personal usage case for the "features" available on Hondata.

A couple of things I dislike about Hondata: gimmicky features which I've expressed already and the fact that they release a fuel system that is marginally better than stock for 3k. That's just laughable.
Its not gimmicky if they just add features that aren't used by everybody. I'm sure every feature is used by somebody. I can already see at least 10 features that I would use and benefit from on a daily basis. I get the fuel system thing, not worth the money at all and that Ktuner prob focused more on the base-maps than the features. For the daily driver and even track driver that will never get custom tune, I can see how ktuner is more practical/economical. But for the Daily driver and future track driver that will eventually get a custom tune flashpro is a better choice and logical choice.
My favorite quote is "Id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" Seems like hondata has embraced this and wants to satisfy the needs of any and every user.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Its not gimmicky if they just add features that aren't used by everybody. I'm sure every feature is used by somebody. I can already see at least 10 features that I would use and benefit from on a daily basis. I get the fuel system thing, not worth the money at all and that Ktuner prob focused more on the base-maps than the features. For the daily driver and even track driver that will never get custom tune, I can see how ktuner is more practical/economical. But for the Daily driver and future track driver that will eventually get a custom tune flashpro is a better choice and logical choice.
My favorite quote is "Id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" Seems like hondata has embraced this and wants to satisfy the needs of any and every user.
He is right in one thing about calling it gimmicky. There is a couple of intakes that in reality doesn’t do anything because their maf housing was designed to read very similar to stock. Those intakes on the list yes they are but like I said specifically injen and eventuri v1 fucked up the maf readings and on flashpro you can fix that.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
Still on the fence. Trying to verify with @KTuner that my ECU isn't restricted in some ways, i.e. no map switching and other features. Had a note from TSP that KTuner file for the tune would have these limitations. My ECU number clears Hondata database with no flags... or they just don't say. Clear as mud.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still on the fence. Trying to verify with @KTuner that my ECU isn't restricted in some ways, i.e. no map switching and other features. Had a note from TSP that KTuner file for the tune would have these limitations. My ECU number clears Hondata database with no flags... or they just don't say. Clear as mud.
For what it's worth, on the fly map switching is a KTuner exclusive feature to begin with.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
I'm unaware of a 1.5T 6MT model in the North American market that doesn't have the full feature set.
Thanks, great to hear.

37820-5AN-C41 through C42. These are listed under "international". Vehicle was sold in Canada, although it was manufactured in the UK (2019 FK7). Am I looking at restricted set of features for this ECU?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I second this. But others caught up and are on the same caliber.

I want to believe this but I am not so sure. When Vit was tuning and locking in his tunes I do not remember a single car busting a block or anything. Here lately it seems that all most weekly there is a new post form someone running X tune and they have added a nice new hole in their block.

I was lucky enough to get the Si tune from Vit right before he left. My car ran perfect for all most 30K before trading it in. I wanted to tune for more power but with so many people having issue i just rode that tune until I traded for the R.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks, great to hear.

37820-5AN-C41 through C42. These are listed under "international". Vehicle was sold in Canada, although it was manufactured in the UK (2019 FK7). Am I looking at restricted set of features for this ECU?
Full support

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I want to believe this but I am not so sure. When Vit was tuning and locking in his tunes I do not remember a single car busting a block or anything. Here lately it seems that all most weekly there is a new post form someone running X tune and they have added a nice new hole in their block.

I was lucky enough to get the Si tune from Vit right before he left. My car ran perfect for all most 30K before trading it in. I wanted to tune for more power but with so many people having issue i just rode that tune until I traded for the R.
I didn’t say everyone caught up. You gotta be careful who you pick as a tuner and even more verify your datalogs to be sure the car runs 100% smooth. I tuned my car twice with two different tuners because the first time things were not smooth from the get go.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn’t say everyone caught up. You gotta be careful who you pick as a tuner and even more verify your datalogs to be sure the car runs 100% smooth. I tuned my car twice with two different tuners because the first time things were not smooth from the get go.

True, I am waiting for the instant JB to be available for the 2020 R so I can tune. I think this go around I am just going to stick with the KTuner base maps. Lots of people seem to be having great results with no issues.

I also feel that this car is pretty damn quick already, so with my DP install next week and a base tune it will be more than I need/want.
Sponsored