3 Beeps When Unlocking

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
On a few occasions I've heard 3 beeps when returning to the car and unlocking (by touching the door handle) as opposed to 2 beeps. Any idea what this means?
Sponsored

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
Do you keep your spare key in the car? (silly question) but that is what made mine beep 3 times when I first got it. When I finally put my spare in the house I actually freaked out when it was only 2 beeps haha

OP
OP

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
No, the spare key was at home, and I was at a store.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
My wife and I always carry both keys on our CRV, it has never beeped three times...I know its not the civic, but same system I think...hmm, now I want to know what causes it...did it only do it the one time?

cmatti2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a few occasions I've heard 3 beeps when returning to the car and unlocking (by touching the door handle) as opposed to 2 beeps. Any idea what this means?
I found that my Civic will beep fast three to four times if I close all the doors but the key fob is out of range. For example, I had gotten groceries and my keys where in the door of the house which was about 15 or so feet away. When I finally closed the doors on the car, it wouldn't lock. Instead it beeped fast about three or four times.

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
If the car doesnt sense the key fob is in range and you have the car setup for auto lock when you walk away with the key, then it will fast beep 4 times to alert you that it didnt detect a key and it wont lock you have to manually lock it.
Sponsored