buggluv4439

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Important question - I just had my wheels put on yesterday, and I don't know if I need hub centric rings or not. They did not put them on, but I'm wondering if I need to add them. AVID1 Av20 18x9.5 wheels w/center bore of 73.1 on my 2018 civic w/center bore of 64.1. :/ Can anyone offer any feedback on what I need to do?
Sponsored

jermie_fc3

First Name
Jermie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Important question - I just had my wheels put on yesterday, and I don't know if I need hub centric rings or not. They did not put them on, but I'm wondering if I need to add them. AVID1 Av20 18x9.5 wheels w/center bore of 73.1 on my 2018 civic w/center bore of 64.1. :/ Can anyone offer any feedback on what I need to do?
Yes, you should put hub centric rings on for a smoother ride as it may not be centered when mounted.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I didn’t have a problem running my wheels without them, but you can get a set for like $10. I didn’t have any issues, no vibration, no handling issues, no nothing. My old car ran without one for over 2 years without a single issue. But for $10, I didn’t really care. Just brought a set.

buggluv4439

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
I didn’t have a problem running my wheels without them, but you can get a set for like $10. I didn’t have any issues, no vibration, no handling issues, no nothing. My old car ran without one for over 2 years without a single issue. But for $10, I didn’t really care. Just brought a set.
I actually just ordered a set of aluminum ones. I'll feel a lot better with them on. Gotta lot of dollars in my girl, better to be safe than sorry!

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Contrary to popular belief, as long you mount your wheels properly you don’t really need them. I’ve never ran hub centric rings on any of my aftermarket wheels on my civic or my other project cars and they have been just fine. No extra vibrations or wheels falling off, etc. cause I make sure whenever I am reinstalling my wheels, to proper do so i.e - installing lug nuts in a star pattern, only hand tightening them when the wheel is in the air and then properly torquing them to spec when the car is on the ground, etc. But having them will give you peace of mind I guess. They do make adapter rings that will match the center bore of your hub to the wheel. Don’t get plastic ones as what others have suggested.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Josh_FC3_Si on insta! JNC033 in Black Chrome from LaCroix Tuning in Quebec, CA, running on 18 x 9.5 +35 with 245/40/18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's from 4Tires.ca! Eibach ProKit pending install because of Covid so she'll be getting some low soon enough! :)

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg
How do you like the Indy 500's?
Have you driven them in the rain?

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn i have gloss black rims and they are nightmare to clean i cant imagine these :p

maxlt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn i have gloss black rims and they are nightmare to clean i cant imagine these :p
I just bought some semigloss blacks. I have a feeling they'll get dusty af quickly
Sponsored