amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Lol don’t get butthurt. Do some research and you’ll find out KTuner basemaps are superior to Hondata.
I think your right, but if someone is planning on getting custom tune, then it won't matter which one you get.

Crazy question for you guys and anyone else,
has anyone ever anazlyzed basemaps for Ktuner and replicated to Flashpro?
Imagine you get the more reliable and aggressive maps from Ktuner but on the more versatile flashpro. Its like a dream combo.
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
There’s benefits of owning the device like

-you can adjust the traction control to your liking
-you can do your own datalogs and analyze the car
-If you downsize tires or put bigger tires you can calibrate the speedo and adjust it so it reads 100% what it should on a different tire size.
-you can switch maps lets say you added a downpipe you can add the new map free of cost
-you can enable the option of turning on the car in r mode
-you can add features like maf scaling adjustments to several intakes that mess with the maf reading.
-the list go on.
Umm....

KTuner does data logging, multiple maps setup for different mods, has actual reliable maps that don’t run lean.....

But hey if you wanna pay for gimmicks by all means buy Hondata.

TC: gimmick
Intake list: gimmick except for maybe 1/2 on that list

Pretty much everyone I know disables traction control on the track. Every single basemap runs hotter than it should on Hondata. Funny how every single Hondata user came back into the pits with issues. The two KTuner uses on track lasted a few laps before having to come into the pits for cooling issues.

KTuner basemaps are safer, more reliable, and better performing compared to Hondata. This is a fact.

If you’re using both devices for custom tuning it really doesn’t matter. Go with whatever your tuner prefers

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Butthurt? Nah I call the bullshit when I see it. I owned both what research are you talking about.

Sounds like you got carried away by MARKETING lmao

Do you know if the KTuner maps have options for mods like FP?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Butthurt? Nah I call the bullshit when I see it. I owned both what research are you talking about.

Sounds like you got carried away by MARKETING lmao
The only one who got carried away by marketing is you. KTuner has had no marketing at all and you’re here gobbling up all the BS that Hondata spews on this forum.

I think your right, but if someone is planning on getting custom tune, then it won't matter which one you get.

Imagine you get the more reliable and aggressive maps from Ktuner but on the more versatile flashpro. Its like a dream combo.
Correct. This is why I said basemaps. Custom tunes come down to your tuner and their preference

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Nothing can beat the reliability of a custom map created for your car. The problems is some tuners are not that reliable as they claim to be.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nothing can beat the reliability of a custom map created for your car. The problems is some tuners are not that reliable as they claim to be.
The only one who got carried away by marketing is you. KTuner has had no marketing at all and you’re here gobbling up all the BS that Hondata spews on this forum.

Correct. This is why I said basemaps. Custom tunes come down to your tuner and their preference
But opinions aside, would it be possible to get basemaps from Ktuner and put on Flahspro?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I hate that Vit left the game before putting out some base maps for the R. I think he's one of the best 10th gen tuners around.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
But opinions aside, would it be possible to get basemaps from Ktuner and put on Flahspro?
Not the basemaps themselves but you can have Derek from IMW custom tune you on Hondata. He made the basemaps for KTuner. Well regarded and considered one of the best tuners for Honda. Check his IG and you’ll see his work.

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not the basemaps themselves but you can have Derek from IMW custom tune you on Hondata. He made the basemaps for KTuner. Well regarded and considered one of the best tuners for Honda. Check his IG and you’ll see his work.
hmm, would this be considered a remote dyno tune, or would he just send me the map that he made personally for all ctr's.?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
hmm, would this be considered a remote dyno tune, or would he just send me the map that he made personally for all ctr's.?
It would be an E-tune. If you’re local to the Bay Area I know he can do remote dyno tuning at Bains tuning.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Umm....

KTuner does data logging, multiple maps setup for different mods, has actual reliable maps that don’t run lean.....

But hey if you wanna pay for gimmicks by all means buy Hondata.

TC: gimmick
Intake list: gimmick except for maybe 1/2 on that list

Pretty much everyone I know disables traction control on the track. Every single basemap runs hotter than it should on Hondata. Funny how every single Hondata user came back into the pits with issues. The two KTuner uses on track lasted a few laps before having to come into the pits for cooling issues.

KTuner basemaps are safer, more reliable, and better performing compared to Hondata. This is a fact.

If you’re using both devices for custom tuning it really doesn’t matter. Go with whatever your tuner prefers
Gimmick? No
Features Yes

As an user you have the option of choosing which ever device you like best. Call it whatever you like.

I dont speak for my friends at the track. I speak my own experiences.

I gave OP my personal opinion of both devices. I never said ktuner were shit. I called your comment bullshit when you said ktuner is better than flashpro. They are both as capable.

I’ve never ran into any overheating problems when daily the car for a year on the flashpro.

And Im not here promoting anything I gave my opinion and the benefit of owning the device vs paying for a basemap from a dealer.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
in a small summary, wht is the difference in cost and procedure?
I don't remember what he charges for an E-tune but I think it's around 400 or so. TBH I'm on the KTuner 1.1 map with almost full bolt ons and the car is plenty quick. I'm already spinning second gear lol. Planning to get E-tuned myself here soon just for reliability reasons.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you know if the KTuner maps have options for mods like FP?
Last time I used it was when I sold it. At the time I did not saw any option for a front pipe. You dont need to modify the tune for a front pipe. Unless you meant to say downpipe.
Sponsored