More Displacement?

Obzidian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si sedan
Country flag
morning... please save the "buy a type R" comments, its not point of this discussion.

Ive searched a bunch here and cant find anyone that has attempted to bump the displacement/liters out of the L15??

Mechanical limitations?

Supple of parts / cost??

Just curious.. my last platforms is nuts with engine builds plus forced inductions, surprised no one has a build on a "big bore" or "stroker" L15.
Sponsored

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'm assuming you came from NA motor. L15 are meant to be built around turbo so displacement wouldn't matter much just like throttle body. I mean, why increase displacement when you can "force induced" to fill the difference. If you have the money, it's certainly feasible imo. You'll just have to figure out what to do with that single port exhaust exit with its water jacket.

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm assuming you came from NA motor. L15 are meant to be built around turbo so displacement wouldn't matter much just like throttle body. I mean, why increase displacement when you can "force induced" to fill the difference. If you have the money, it's certainly feasible imo. You'll just have to figure out what to do with that single port exhaust exit with its water jacket.
One advantage of displacement is that it gives more torque before the turbo kicks in. That feels very good on a daily driver.
Sponsored