Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do a pull at WOT from 1 to 5 gear flat shifting up to 7000 rpm each gear , and see the temps soon as you finish with the pull , if you don’t do track the oem radiator is fine .
And where would one like me to do this? LOL.. Again we have no tracks here, not going to WOT each gear in town.

I bought my car smashed and it needed front end part that is the only reason I went with the Koyo. Better bang for my buck with the bonus of more cooling then the stock rad.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if that's the case, you don't need any additional cooling. Overheating is really only a major issue when driven hard at the track in high ambient temps.
Oh for sure, but like I had mentioned above I had to replace my rad anyway so I went with the Koyo.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
And where would one like me to do this? LOL.. Again we have no tracks here, not going to WOT each gear in town.

I bought my car smashed and it needed front end part that is the only reason I went with the Koyo. Better bang for my buck with the bonus of more cooling then the stock rad.
I'm located in Florida, mostly roads are wide 4 to 5 lines minimal, and are all strength , very bored round , that's why there is so many street racing here, I have 3 tracks nearby, Homestead , Palm beach international Race way and Sebring.

I used to go to Homestead.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently have Koyorad and experienced no overheating this past Sunday @81 F ambient with heater running @50%.. Track was Streets of Willow, which is a slower track with lots of turns.

other cooling mods: HKS oil cooler w/DEI wrap, open grill and intercooler.

But I’m a beginner so not pushing the car hard like a more skilled driver would.

Saw temperature climb the previous track session on Big Willow, but turned the heater on and it went away. Ambient was around 72F.

Ordered a PWR race radiator just in case. But its pretty expensive. Hoping that, combined with a vented hood and the acuity reverse flow hoses will be good for summer.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Driver’s side before
After
Passenger side before
After

I was showing them the modification I made to the Koyorad to make sure the Wagner intercooler silicone hoses would fit. Took a grinder to it because I was afraid the hoses could rub the radiator frame and cut through.

Wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be an issue with the PWR radiator... especially with it costing something like $1,150 USD shipped

Didn’t have any issues with the radiator hoses with the Koyorad, but this time will be using Acuity’s reverse flow silicone hoses when switch to PWR.
If I swap out my radiator I would also want to do the Acuity reverse flow hoses at the same time. If you are still talking to PWR maybe mention the clearance with an aftermarket intake like PRL. Would be awesome if they can make accommodations for more clearance for bigger intake hoses.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
So the track day today was ended abruptly due to numerous reasons. All of the CTRs dropped like flies today mainly due to cooling. Guys running the 2020 rad still overheated within a couple of laps. Temps today were 90 and track temps were probably slightly above that. They also had vented grills and and vented hoods.

I myself couldn’t push my car due to either braking problems, suspension, or drive line issues. Car would violently shake under braking. Couldn’t get 1 lap in. Ruined my entire weekend.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
So the track day today was ended abruptly due to numerous reasons. All of the CTRs dropped like flies today mainly due to cooling. Guys running the 2020 rad still overheated within a couple of laps. Temps today were 90 and track temps were probably slightly above that. They also had vented grills and and vented hoods.

I myself couldn’t push my car due to either braking problems, suspension, or drive line issues. Car would violently shake under braking. Couldn’t get 1 lap in. Ruined my entire weekend.
I new the 2020 radiator won't fix the issues with high ECT temps, that is why I went with Koyorad for now, and reverse flow hoses, I asked to PWR and Luke told me to put in contact with C&R Racing who has the same production manufacturing as they has. For now I will wait to track the car soon as the track will be opening, hopefully soon.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I new the 2020 radiator won't fix the issues with high ECT temps, that is why I went with Koyorad for now, and reverse flow hoses, I asked to PWR and Luke told me to put in contact with C&R Racing who has the same production manufacturing as they has. For now I will wait to track the car soon as the track will be opening, hopefully soon.
Yea I spoke with Luke and he said it will be easier since C&R is stateside. I’m trying to organize a group buy for the rads.

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea I spoke with Luke and he said it will be easier since C&R is stateside. I’m trying to organize a group buy for the rads.
Ive got a Koyo and Acuity reverse flow hoses waiting to be installed, and have been in contact about the PWR as well. I’m interested in your group buy for something more substantial, please include me.

Bummer to hear about the 2020 radiator, but I also knew it wasn’t going to be an end all solution.

Shame to hear these guys also ran a vented hood and still had issues.

Was hoping the solution would be:

Oil cooler
Radiator
Intercooler
Inlet/turbo blanket
Vented hood (with large vent above turbo. Varis style)

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Ive got a Koyo and Acuity reverse flow hoses waiting to be installed, and have been in contact about the PWR as well. I’m interested in your group buy for something more substantial, please include me.

Bummer to hear about the 2020 radiator, but I also knew it wasn’t going to be an end all solution.

Shame to hear these guys also ran a vented hood and still had issues.

Was hoping the solution would be:

Oil cooler
Radiator
Intercooler
Inlet/turbo blanket
Vented hood (with large vent above turbo. Varis style)
One of the guys had a stock hood and 2020 rad and the other had the seibon hood with 2020 rad. I don’t think the seibon is as effective as the Varis. People were too optimistic about the 2020 radiator. I still have a good amount of confidence with the PWR

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
I called C&R on Friday (5/22) and talked with them about their options for the CTR. They are getting drawings from PWR this coming week. They'll review and confirm fitment for the street and race versions and get it into production at their Indy facility. (Should be cheaper TCO than a PWR sourced option)

He is waiting on authorization from his management to post details here (SOP).

They also have an intercooler option for the CTR.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Candyblueta

Candyblueta

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CTR, '01 PY ITR, '17 R8 Plus, '15 M4 700+hp, '15 Sprintex S/C CR-Z, '20 Ram 1500 Longhorn, '71 C10 Restored, '01 BMW Wagon, '02 CETA WS6, & some bikes!
Country flag
I am 100% down for this group buy!!

Stupefyer

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The spoon one, like all of their products are wayyy overpriced. $1,600 for a radiator? Lol

I personally would just get the 2020 grille, radiator and some hoses. Radiator won't do much good unless you can get a good volume of air to it.
I feel like if you're buying anything spoon or mugen, etc. you're buying it for the brand not necessarily performance lol.

teemmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTI
Country flag
I called C&R on Friday (5/22) and talked with them about their options for the CTR. They are getting drawings from PWR this coming week. They'll review and confirm fitment for the street and race versions and get it into production at their Indy facility. (Should be cheaper TCO than a PWR sourced option)

He is waiting on authorization from his management to post details here (SOP).

They also have an intercooler option for the CTR.

Stay tuned!
Awesome! Count me in for information about a group buy.
Sponsored