Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hi guys, I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback LX and finished financing it about a year ago. I've been around these forms a while, mostly for doing my DIY stuff, as it was my first car and I really do enjoy doing all my car maintenance on it. However, ever since day one I've always wanted the Honda Sensing package. I was in the process of getting an LX with a sensing package from a dealer when my brother stepped in and got me this other car without it and lo and behold here I am. Still, the basic LX is a great car, especially as my first.

I just checked and apparently the LX civics of 2020 come with Honda Sensing already standard. Oh that's awesome for me! Well then, is it worth it to try and sell my current Civic to get a new one? I don't really know the process of selling a car, be it through CarMax or privately or whatever. If it's too much of a hassle I could just stick with my car. I don't know, what do you guys think? For those that have upgraded their model years, how's the experience? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Double-check me on this, but I believe the 2019 lx hatchback also came with sensing as standard. Might be worth looking into to save some $$. Also, most people simply trade their previous vehicle to the dealer of their new car, unless someone offers you a really good price elsewhere.

OP
OP
Dario1101

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Double-check me on this, but I believe the 2019 lx hatchback also came with sensing as standard. Might be worth looking into to save some $$. Also, most people simply trade their previous vehicle to the dealer of their new car, unless someone offers you a really good price elsewhere.
Thanks for the reply! I don't think I'm interested in buying a used car since I'm not too sure how the previous owner took care of it. Part of the reason why I (and many others) do car maintenance is so I know I'm not getting ripped off with cheap parts or bad procedures. But hey, I'll keep it in mind just in case.
On that note about the dealers though, is it advised to get a new car through the same dealer you got your old car from so that they can give you some "loyalty discount"? I personally don't like the dealer I got my Civic from, and would much prefer another Honda dealer that's closer to get it from, but hey discounts are discounts.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think most 'loyalty discounts' people refer to are company-wide. Honda's current loyalty offer applies to anyone who owns a 2009 or newer Honda, and the dealership you go to is irrelevant. I think if you had a poor experience at one dealeriship it's definitely worth it to try and shop around at others.

OP
OP
Dario1101

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think most 'loyalty discounts' people refer to are company-wide. Honda's current loyalty offer applies to anyone who owns a 2009 or newer Honda, and the dealership you go to is irrelevant. I think if you had a poor experience at one dealeriship it's definitely worth it to try and shop around at others.
Thanks for the response!

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
The dealer I bought my Hatch from is interested to make a deal. I'm not selling but here's the offer I got via email and a letter enticing me to trade. Would I like to be stting in a 2020 with new stuff and a new warranty without much effort or expense? Sure I would. 'cept I like my 2018.

"Our team has done an analysis of your account and identified an opportunity
for you to upgrade to a new Honda. Trade in your current 2018 Honda Civic
Hatchback Sport CVT, VIN SHHFK7H41JUxxxxxx—which we estimate has a
trade value of $15,818—and use that money toward your new 2020 Honda
Civic Hatchback Sport Automatic.*

Here are the details of your offer:
● Receive $734 toward your new-vehicle offered price—this month, you qualify
for a $734 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Honda Preferred Customer Bonus†
â—Ź Estimated sales tax is included*
â—Ź All the exciting features and leading-edge technology that the 2020 Civic
Hatchback Sport Automatic has to offer
● If you prefer to finance or lease your vehicle, take advantage of this month’s
competitive interest rates or exceptional lease offers
● A new 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty—we estimate that your vehicle's
original warranty will expire in 8 months.

We can work with you directly to further customize this offer to meet your
needs. Our team is ready via phone or email to review all the options we have
available this month.
Please reach out at your earliest convenience to discuss this opportunity, as it
expires at the end of the month. We look forward to working with you."

OP
OP
Dario1101

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealer I bought my Hatch from is interested to make a deal. I'm not selling but here's the offer I got via email and a letter enticing me to trade. Would I like to be stting in a 2020 with new stuff and a new warranty without much effort or expense? Sure I would. 'cept I like my 2018.

"Our team has done an analysis of your account and identified an opportunity
for you to upgrade to a new Honda. Trade in your current 2018 Honda Civic
Hatchback Sport CVT, VIN SHHFK7H41JUxxxxxx—which we estimate has a
trade value of $15,818—and use that money toward your new 2020 Honda
Civic Hatchback Sport Automatic.*

Here are the details of your offer:
● Receive $734 toward your new-vehicle offered price—this month, you qualify
for a $734 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Honda Preferred Customer Bonus†
â—Ź Estimated sales tax is included*
â—Ź All the exciting features and leading-edge technology that the 2020 Civic
Hatchback Sport Automatic has to offer
● If you prefer to finance or lease your vehicle, take advantage of this month’s
competitive interest rates or exceptional lease offers
● A new 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty—we estimate that your vehicle's
original warranty will expire in 8 months.

We can work with you directly to further customize this offer to meet your
needs. Our team is ready via phone or email to review all the options we have
available this month.
Please reach out at your earliest convenience to discuss this opportunity, as it
expires at the end of the month. We look forward to working with you."
Ah man that sounds nice! It seems too good to be true, and dealerships usually get you with trade-in offers. I personally don't know, ask someone around here for more advice? But this does seem like a great topic to post this is.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like a rip off to me. There is a $1000 Honda loyalty program running right now so their offer looks to be $266 short already. Not sure what your current vehicle trade in value is, though.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Does anyone know for sure if the 2020 Sport hatch has a rear center armrest? My 2017 does not, and my kids complain about that all the time.

Honda website shows the Sport has it, but LX does not. Just wondering if that's correct.

OP
OP
Dario1101

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does anyone know for sure if the 2020 Sport hatch has a rear center armrest? My 2017 does not, and my kids complain about that all the time.

Honda website shows the Sport has it, but LX does not. Just wondering if that's correct.
Oh the 2020 LX doesn't have an armrest?

Does anyone know the difference between the 2017 Hatchback LX and the 2020/2021 Hatchback LX other than the Honda Sensing package?
Sponsored