Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well aftermarket internals should save a motor from blowing lol which OP has
(shrug) If it works... it works. Doesn’t matter if it’s what I would have done or whether it is or isn’t good bang-for-the-buck to build up a K20C2 vs buying a L15B7 car. Given the scope of the thread... it’s still alive. I’d love to know how much it all was (I think it’s be safe to say more than a new Si for new LX + turbo + tune + internals + labor to put together a one-off) and how it quantitatively compares to any L15B7 car. I assume it’s able to at least bridge the gap between a stock k20C2 and a reflashed L15B7... which is about a 100 whp bump. That would have been pretty mild for an old A3 turbo car.

Even now... I can hardly think of this and not immediately compare it to what a L15B7 car can do... and I hate to do it because I’m in an endless loop of comparison. I also am routinely... maybe not down... but certainly lukewarm about the base engine. I’ll just stop myself and say it’s cool he did it... I’m glad it’s still running and I hope for other guys who absolutely love their cars and follow their heart and not maybe their head to pour money into their K20C2 cars... that it works out just as well for them and their K20C2 cars put on a strong enough showing that they feel like it was money well spent.

In the end... I’m over $20k in my 300zx between the car and mods and replacing old stuff inside of 5 years so I don’t have any room to talk about the value of things when it comes to cars. ? I bet the thing isn’t worth $10k. It was worth it to me. I barely drive it at all but I sure am glad it’s sitting in the garage for when I want to.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ThatSlowFc2

First Name
Marcanthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Car looks great... can’t get a feel for what it can do beyond a lot of pops and crackles from the video but... hey... it’s been running awhile and if it was going to go south, I’d assume it’d gone early in the experiment.

I’ve seen turbos slapped on lots of stuff and however it’s tuned, be it a by-the-books way or a good-enough-to-make-good-power-and-not-blow-up-way doesn’t much matter. Doesn’t matter if it’s the direction I or anyone else would go... you did it and if it works... it works. No hate here. Thanks for sharing!
Of course man! Appreciate the support

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Pop pop bang city

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
I mean haha throwback to knowledge.
45645.PNG

Type R Rods K20C1-
TypeRRods.PNG
LX 2.0 NA LX 2.0 K20C2 Rods
LXRods.PNG

Type R Injectors
Type R Injector.PNG

Lx 2.0 Injectors
LX injector.PNG
Do you have anything better to do? I just don't understand how this concerns you so much to the point where you have to blow up a thread. I understand having questions but let the man build what he wants...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have anything better to do? I just don't understand how this concerns you so much to the point where you have to blow up a thread. I understand having questions but let the man build what he wants...
Nope not really. Coronavirus probs lol. I mean we are free to do whatever otherwise OP can block if he wants.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
Nope not really. Coronavirus probs lol. I mean we are free to do whatever otherwise OP can block if he wants.
Nah don't use that excuse, you were doing this on his last thread before the coronavirus lol.. Go ahead and continue I guess, you just sound pathetic that's all.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nah don't use that excuse, you were doing this on his last thread before the coronavirus lol.. Go ahead and continue I guess, you just sound pathetic that's all.
How do I sound pathetic when people need to understand that oh he’s got aftermarket internals in his k20c2 vs when he said he didn’t. Or when he’s using Ktuner to properly tune when Ktuner themselves said you could tune it but not properly. Just giving facts to the people. I mean at one point OP said his stock motor had the same internals and such as the Type R’s K20C1 but obviously it doesn’t. I’m using the coronavirus as an excuse so it gives me more time on here and FB. Yeah brought up old stuff because of the current things OP was saying about this build being completely stock internals lol

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do I sound pathetic when people need to understand that oh he’s got aftermarket internals in his k20c2 vs when he said he didn’t. Or when he’s using Ktuner to properly tune when Ktuner themselves said you could tune it but not properly. Just giving facts to the people. I mean at one point OP said his stock motor had the same internals and such as the Type R’s K20C1 but obviously it doesn’t. I’m using the coronavirus as an excuse so it gives me more time on here and FB. Yeah brought up old stuff because of the current things OP was saying about this build being completely stock internals lol

grow up and move on...maybe at first he had wrong information to give to the audience...people makes mistakes....
if he was new to all this its okay that the level of knowledge wasnt as good as you.....maybe he was trolling you because you were maybe a PITA to him....like probably maybe to more people.....

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
grow up and move on...maybe at first he had wrong information to give to the audience...people makes mistakes....
if he was new to all this its okay that the level of knowledge wasnt as good as you.....maybe he was trolling you because you were maybe a PITA to him....like probably maybe to more people.....
I wasn't the only one. Look at FB lol there’s a lot more y’all don’t know.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to read and hear that it's alive and well. I never understood why it couldn't work at low boost levels. My 1997 Subaru Outback as been boosted since 1999 (20yrs ago) and it's still running. My 2010 RAV4 has been supercharged for a few years and is running fine when it ran fine initially without a tune.

As long as his air/fuel ratios are ok and his ignition timing, he should be fine at lower boost levels. Personally, 5psi (to a max of 7psi) is my safe limit on an N/A engine. Kudos for keeping everyone updated.

OP
OP

ThatSlowFc2

First Name
Marcanthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
just alittle taste of the boosted K20C2, baby pulls. No red like either or traction lmao