Axle shaft bearing is leaking again

Drunkndude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The first oil change I didn’t on my car I noticed the axle shaft bearing was leaking. I took it into the dealer and they replaced it. Now it Is doing it again, anyone else having this problem?

Honda Civic 10th gen Axle shaft bearing is leaking again 1325AF67-ABE1-48EC-93E4-70D5B1F1DF97

Honda Civic 10th gen Axle shaft bearing is leaking again 49B0F952-99C1-46DB-817B-9BAB9DC03CB8

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The first oil change I didn’t on my car I noticed the axle shaft bearing was leaking. I took it into the dealer and they replaced it. Now it Is doing it again, anyone else having this problem?
It loooks like engine oil to me. There are similar problems reported in this forum I
had some leaking when switching to idemitsu zepro 0w20 which is thinner than oem.

OP
OP
Drunkndude

Drunkndude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ive been using amsoil ss 0-20 and haven’t seen any leaks. It didn’t look like it was coming from above it but I will double check.

FlyNavy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Ive been using amsoil ss 0-20 and haven’t seen any leaks. It didn’t look like it was coming from above it but I will double check.
I am having the exact same problem, same place, AND I use the same oil as you.

I'm kinda stumped. At first I thought it was oil but I chased the stream down and it didn't have an origin on the engine block and the valve cover gaskets are fine.

OP are you lowered?

I'm @ 6,000 miles on my 2019 SI, did the first oil change at 3,000 miles, there definitely was NOT a leak, now at 6k there is.
I'm lowered on Eibach Pros. I want (and plan) to take it to the dealer to get fixed, worried they might try and blame being lowered. In reality that should have nothing to do with it, because that part of the axle shaft is straight at all times and kept in place by the mount. The bearing must have gone bad.

Any one know if you can just replace the bearing itself?
Honda Civic 10th gen Axle shaft bearing is leaking again IMG_20200728_161730~2

FlyNavy

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It loooks like engine oil to me. There are similar problems reported in this forum I
had some leaking when switching to idemitsu zepro 0w20 which is thinner than oem.
Where was the leaking from? OP and I both run Amsoil SS.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Are you lowered? Did the dealer hassle you at all or were they pretty good about it?
Not lowered and no hassle. It just took a week to get the part but no issues. You should be taken care of under warranty so don’t hesitate.

zhendexing

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where was the leaking from? OP and I both run Amsoil SS.
From the passenger side of the engine I couldn’t tell where exactly it came from because it’s a really tight space

OP
OP
Drunkndude

Drunkndude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Im not lowered but that shouldn’t matter. When I took it in they cleaned up the area and said the bearing must have leaked out excess grease.
Sponsored