***Update second replacement hood dulling Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt!

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
They warrantied my hood after I had it only a few months for dull spots in clear. In order to warranty, you must cut the old hood to make it unusable. This hurt but what a great company that stands by their stuff! My car is not a daily and it is always covered if not driven.

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! carbon hood cut 2

Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! carbon hood cut 1

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
They warrantied my hood after I had it only a few months for dull spots in clear. In order to warranty, you must cut the old hood to make it unusable. This hurt but what a great company that stands by their stuff! My car is not a daily and it is always covered if not driven.

carbon hood cut 2.jpg

carbon hood cut 1.jpg
That’s mean! They wouldn’t even let you give it away?

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nope and yes it hurt! New one ships Tuesday.

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
you can make that into cool auto art piece if you wanted to, i am assuming those photos where taken by you and the cutting was done by you and not seibon.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What a waste of a perfectly good hood! Could've been used as a replacement for another R owner or possibly a regular hatch owner if it fits.

I haven't been in the car scene long enough to know if this is considered a cool/confident/whatever business move, but all it's done for me is convince me not to buy anything from Seibon.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a drastic request, but I'm sure they've come to this point after customer(s) took advantage of warranty terms

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I send them pics of my fairly new hood, 3 months. It has been covered the whole time except driving which it's not a daily. I'm guessing a bad batch or the cost of the freight back and forth is not worth it to them. Also, maybe it is just cost. However, I will continue to buy from them, which I have, because of the no hassle warranty.

OP
OP
Snmtazz70

Snmtazz70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
500HP 2019 Honda Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
you can make that into cool auto art piece if you wanted to, i am assuming those photos where taken by you and the cutting was done by you and not seibon.
Yes by me!

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
It's funny you had this issue....I had a cloudy blemish appear and it has gotten worse over the last couple of months. I have sent an email and waiting on a response as to what will be done to correct. I hope I have the same outcome, meaning a replacement hood....
Honda Civic 10th gen ***Update  second replacement hood dulling   Seibon Carbon great company but this hurt! 7EF3D64B-91E7-4C06-9FF1-A535B4F01A51.JPG

ctr_no650

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ctr, 2014 Chevy Sonic LTZ, 1990 rover mini
Country flag
It's funny you had this issue....I had a cloudy blemish appear and it has gotten worse over the last couple of months. I have sent an email and waiting on a response as to what will be done to correct. I hope I have the same outcome, meaning a replacement hood....
7EF3D64B-91E7-4C06-9FF1-A535B4F01A51.JPG
that is a bummer, we spend our hard earned dollars on cf that makes our cars look and function well. Sometimes shit happens, i have been thru the ringer with cf parts both used and new.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is ridiculous they made you cut a perfectly good hood. As far as all that milky color on the hood, that can be taken out with paint correction.

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
This is normal in most industries. They do not want sub par products with their name on them in the secondary market. In addition why should the original buyer profit from a warranty situation?

Regarding the idea that dull/cloudy areas in carbon can be fixed, no they can't. Those flaws are deep in the epoxy and not just a surface blemish.

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
This is normal in most industries. They do not want sub par products with their name on them in the secondary market. In addition why should the original buyer profit from a warranty situation?

Regarding the idea that dull/cloudy areas in carbon can be fixed, no they can't. Those flaws are deep in the epoxy and not just a surface blemish.

Agree with Salespunk here....yea, this is not a "fixable" issue....well below the surface and making it's way up through the carbon...
Sponsored