Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
See you have a duralast battery. Your stock battery already go dead?
Mine did after maybe 1.5 years. Funnily, it happened right after I got a slow flat and left it in the driveway for a week. Tow truck got here and ho-ho we can't take off the parking brake and nobodys got cables, time to put er on four dollies.

Who thought an electric parking brake was a good idea again?

Last edited:

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Haha nice

See you have a duralast battery. Your stock battery already go dead?
Our winter beater needed a battery so I slapped the Honda battery in that and upgraded mine to AGM and 1 size bigger.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Just an update for the community, we are currently awaiting or next batch of Titanium to keep moving forward with production on our next batch(es) of inlet pipes. Our current ETA for being able to fulfill orders is the end of April, but we will be revising our listing/community with a more accurate date and enabling sales again once we have a better idea of material arrival.

We have packaged up some more blemished units and listed at a discounted price on our site for anybody who's interested. Blemished kits contain cosmetic blemishes such as inconsistencies in tubing finish, scratches, etc, but do NOT affect function or fitment. Pictures for example are listed on our site.

We apologize for the delay, but should be back to normal production shortly!

superchi

First Name
Chi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 Fit, 2001 CRV
Country flag
We have had a customer confirm fitment with the Gruppe M intake system with modification of the inlet hose, but we can pretty much guarantee that this will not fit any other intake systems. Our kits have two hose options; stock air box and HVI, both of different angle and length. Unless the MAF Housing is similar diameter and location to either our HVI or the stock air box, the inlet pipe will not fit.
No HVI versions of the blems available?

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Keep an eye on our clearance section on the website to see when we may have blemished items available.
I think he’s asking about the blemished inlet tube w/ the HVI tube. Which correct me if I’m wrong, is currently available on your site.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Our Titanium Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Upgrade Kits for the 2017+ FK8 Honda Civic Type-R are now available at select stocking PRL Motorsports Dealers!

Current ETA for our next bulk batch of Inlet Pipe Kits to be available is August and will be available directly through PRL Motorsports and/or any Authorized Dealer. Please keep an eye out on our website, social media accounts, CivicX forum and mailing list for updates!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit peKitLayoutwithStockIntakeSIlicone%201_zpsamfscgae

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit StraightOnTIPRevised2020_zpskg3f6gr9

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit TurboAngleTIPRevisedMay2020_zpseevum98x

brackin.fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our Titanium Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Upgrade Kits for the 2017+ FK8 Honda Civic Type-R are now available at select stocking PRL Motorsports Dealers!

Current ETA for our next bulk batch of Inlet Pipe Kits to be available is August and will be available directly through PRL Motorsports and/or any Authorized Dealer. Please keep an eye out on our website, social media accounts, CivicX forum and mailing list for updates!

peKitLayoutwithStockIntakeSIlicone%201_zpsamfscgae.jpg

StraightOnTIPRevised2020_zpskg3f6gr9.png

TurboAngleTIPRevisedMay2020_zpseevum98x.png
Which dealers?

Joescivic

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 K20 swapped coupe and 2013 Si coupe
Country flag
Yup, that HVI hose needs some redesign. Perhaps I received a faulty one. Although, after sending them photos and such I was told it was “normal”. I also ran into the issue where the silicone hose included with their HVI was a bit on the short side. My mechanic and I attempted all their “tips and tricks” such as loosening and re-fitting different areas while installing to no avail. My only gripe was that upon several complaints at no point did anyone in their team volunteer to send me a replacement or directly reach out to me. I didn’t really push the issue since I was getting a new silicone hose with the TIP. Nice catch btw!
That was an actual issue on their end? I got my HVI from the first batch, and when installing it, the silicone hose just never goes on as far as I see everyone else's. I've done everything I can, and even extra muscle to help me push it onto the inlet pipe, but still nothing. Did a couple other tries since I had to remove that piping when I installed their charge pipes, and I still haven't been able to slide that silicone over as far as most peoples. Figured it must be me. Tried lubing it as well. Would be nice if I got another one for free. Maybe it'll fit better whenever I get the inlet by PRL. I have all their products but that.
Sponsored