elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
So, Is there a later firmware than 1.F1A2.34 for the 2018 Hatchback Touring?

Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? upload_2020-2-21_13-31-45
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
any one in canada tried this file ? i have 2018 hatchback sport touring .1.F194.82
i wanna update but wanna make sure this works for 2018 hatch
1.F197.0
never mind lol I did it anyways
Clearly states this is for HatchBacks only
Works like charm ! Everything works
Hard reset worked
Android auto works .  play works
I put it in developer mode turned off animation and finally this radio is super snappy thanks

Honda (07AAU-TGGA1A0)

1A4BA6EF-5926-4B1B-9877-62F4BEB8DAC0.jpeg

862481B9-57A1-4E6D-AD2F-5FD9D5A4A7CA.jpeg
I think you got VERY LUCKY if you were able to run an update successfully, that was NOT specifically stated to be for your particular model.

In an ideal world, the Update software should check the car model & year, and only allow the Update to proceed if it is a valid update for your particular car.
My belief is that it DOES NOT do this checking, and if you tell it to run... it will !!!

The problem that then arises is, if it does update and there are is NO GOING BACK, even if you have a USB stick with the previous software on it.
The system will not DOWNGRADE to a lower version !!

Certainly your Dealer cannot Downgrade, and I even suspect that Honda America cannot. ( maybe the head unit manufacturer (Mitsubishi) can ,, but you will never be able to go that route.)
Your only option will be a replacement head Unit. $$$$$'s !!!!

If you do the Update yourself, GOOD LUCK in getting a replacement head unit under an sort of Warranty.
If your Dealer is stupid enough to try to, and update your unit to an incorrect models version, and there are issue, then "maybe" you have a warranty or claim with the Dealer, but again GOOD LUCK with that.

One bright side. If you do mess up doing the Update Yourself, and need a replacement Head unit, there are lots of used 2018 head units for your particular car out there on the used market.
ie Lots of Totaled cars, being parted out, which still have intact Head Units
Even if a used one has a badly abused screen, you can easily swap screens with your old unit.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I flashed 197 on my 2016 EX. Everything is great except for the terrible Android auto bug. Everything works. The new dashboard changes look great. Honda Hack is working. When I press play its like its immediately telling itself to pause. I think Android auto and Bluetooth is causing duplicate events. Maybe its only certain phones.

I also read people are having this issue on cars that were intended for the update. Have there been any updates after 197?

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
I am not aware of any updates software. I did the same and haven't been able to use Android Auto for like 2 years now. It stinks. I tried forever to find a work around or some phone setting that would fix the audio but nothing worked. So regret ever doing the software update.

Wirelezz

First Name
h
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SPORT TOURING SG
Country flag
I think you got VERY LUCKY if you were able to run an update successfully, that was NOT specifically stated to be for your particular model.

In an ideal world, the Update software should check the car model & year, and only allow the Update to proceed if it is a valid update for your particular car.
My belief is that it DOES NOT do this checking, and if you tell it to run... it will !!!

The problem that then arises is, if it does update and there are is NO GOING BACK, even if you have a USB stick with the previous software on it.
The system will not DOWNGRADE to a lower version !!

Certainly your Dealer cannot Downgrade, and I even suspect that Honda America cannot. ( maybe the head unit manufacturer (Mitsubishi) can ,, but you will never be able to go that route.)
Your only option will be a replacement head Unit. $$$$$'s !!!!

If you do the Update yourself, GOOD LUCK in getting a replacement head unit under an sort of Warranty.
If your Dealer is stupid enough to try to, and update your unit to an incorrect models version, and there are issue, then "maybe" you have a warranty or claim with the Dealer, but again GOOD LUCK with that.

One bright side. If you do mess up doing the Update Yourself, and need a replacement Head unit, there are lots of used 2018 head units for your particular car out there on the used market.
ie Lots of Totaled cars, being parted out, which still have intact Head Units
Even if a used one has a badly abused screen, you can easily swap screens with your old unit.
So far still good been long times since update this update was only intend for hatchback works like a charm !

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Wirelezz Do you use Android Auto? Do you not have Honda Hack? I hope it may be an issue that only happens on certain phones. If you look at the service bulletin it fixes a ton of stuff. Car Play is mentioned like 12 times. Android Auto isn't mentioned once. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10141166-9999.pdf They obviously don't do much testing on Android Auto.

The part for the flash drive is 07AAU-TGGA1A0. I'm not having luck finding a newer one.

Last edited:

Wirelezz

First Name
h
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Wirelezz Do you use Android Auto? Do you not have Honda Hack? I hope it may be an issue that only happens on certain phones. If you look at the service bulletin it fixes a ton of stuff. Car Play is mentioned like 12 times. Android Auto isn't mentioned once. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10141166-9999.pdf They obviously don't do much testing on Android Auto.

The part for the flash drive is 07AAU-TGGA1A0. I'm not having luck finding a newer one.
I don’t have the Honda hack . Not gonna try that and brick my radio even knowing how to hack android , I tried android phone and auto with no isues , I use apple play no isues either

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think thats our answer. I think the Honda Hack breaks it. I was playing around with the radio and my laptop. I noticed there was /system/bin/app_process and /system/bin/app_process.orig. The .orig one was created on the date I installed Honda Hack. I put it back and Honda Hack went away but it didn't fix the issue. I think the .orig was first created when I installed HondaHack on the old firmware. I probably need the app_process file from the new firmware.

So I got the 197 firmware file thinking I need to get the app_process file off of it. I rename it from .zip. What do you know. The firmware updates are just zip files. The app_process file is right there and I'm pretty sure the file size doesn't match the app_process or app_process.orig files I was seeing on my head unit. When my laptop charges back up I'm going to send the app_process file over.

Wirelezz

First Name
h
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think thats our answer. I think the Honda Hack breaks it. I was playing around with the radio and my laptop. I noticed there was /system/bin/app_process and /system/bin/app_process.orig. The .orig one was created on the date I installed Honda Hack. I put it back and Honda Hack went away but it didn't fix the issue. I think the .orig was first created when I installed HondaHack on the old firmware. I probably need the app_process file from the new firmware.

So I got the 197 firmware file thinking I need to get the app_process file off of it. I rename it from .zip. What do you know. The firmware updates are just zip files. The app_process file is right there and I'm pretty sure the file size doesn't match the app_process or app_process.orig files I was seeing on my head unit. When my laptop charges back up I'm going to send the app_process file over.
Don’t bother with Honda hack that unit so slow lol I hate it pure junk

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had a very interesting day today and had Android turn by turn working on a version that wasn't 197. To recap, I'm on 197 with the Android auto issue. I finally gave up and decided to downgrade using the /system/build.prop edit someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I set it to 1.F186.69 and downgraded to 1.F190.25. After the downgrade I had no UI and thought I had bricked my unit. ADB was still connecting over wireless though and I was still on WIFI thanks to HondaHack. I was able to run "adb reboot recovery" and get to the recovery to wipe everything. After a few reboots thinking I bricked it again, finally it came on.

Then the amazing part happened. I still had turn by turn directions. Even though I was on 1.F190 I had turn by turn with Android auto. I restarted the car a few times, drove around and everything was fine.

Then I decided I'd like to put the turn by turn at the beginning instead of the end on in instrument panel. I went to "edit order". All of a sudden my turn by turn disappeared and I wasn't able to get it back.

I think this means turn by turn is in 1.F190.25 and they just don't turn it on. Theres got to be somethibg that can be set to fix it. Now that I know the Honda update files are just zip files I should be able to take APK files from 197 and move them back to 190. I really want turn by turn.

I think there's a seperate memory that stores things like the radio stations, maintenance minder, and the order of the items on the instrument panel. Those things never got cleared no matter how many resets I did.

Last edited:

dby2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T sedan
Country flag
Wish you were close to Ohio- I would pay you to put my radio back to how it was. I have the 197 firmware and the original firmware both on USB I bought from Honda.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its not hard if you are a little computer savvy. If you know any Android developers they could easily do it. Just do
Code:
adb connect {ip address}
to connect.
Code:
adb shell
to get in.
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
to mount system rewritable. And then you just edit the /system/build.prop file to a lower version with
Code:
busybox vi /system/build.prop
(Look up how to use vi first, its a common Unix editor) HondaHack has wireless ADB so you don't eve have to connect your computer.

I tried coping files from an older version and now my head unit is is in a boot loop I ordered another one. I could have dug myself out if I didn't wipe in recovery.

@Wirelezz
Are you sure you are on 197? You have turn by turn on the dash with Android auto and the Android Auto logo on the dashboard's music screen is colored? Those were the two big differences I noticed when I was on 197 that I didn't notice on any other firmware. If you can confirm it I'll probably skip HondaHack and just update the new head unit.

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
Don’t bother with Honda hack that unit so slow lol I hate it pure junk
Hmm, I don't have this issue with Honda Hack. You likely would experience significant slowness if you installed any of Google services that connect it to the internet but I don't know what your installation looks like so it is difficult to say. I have Honda Hack and Hondata and zero issues.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not aware of any updates software. I did the same and haven't been able to use Android Auto for like 2 years now. It stinks. I tried forever to find a work around or some phone setting that would fix the audio but nothing worked. So regret ever doing the software update.
Which version did you upgrade from and to? I have a op6 phone that doesn't work in Android auto anymore but my new op8 works. Also when op6 is connected via Bluetooth it's choppy. And sometimes after driving for 30 mins I'll get a random popup that's asks if I want turn by turn on, or Bluetooth on or something. Though turn by turn doesn't work anymore either... Pos.

Last edited:

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered a new head unit from Canada which made my whole car French. The VIN that they gave me was apparently wrong and wouldn't work on the unlock website. So I was locked out of the radio with everything in French. I called up Honda Canada and Canadians are awesome. Dude went out of his way to help me and got me the unlock code. Now I have turn by turn on my 2016. I'm happy. They got rid of the browser and Pandora but I never used them anyways.
Sponsored