First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently installed HKS intercooler and pipes. I guess I'm just into HKS for some reason lol.

Anyway, driving around I do feel that I get boost faster, but it could be all in my head. This mod probably wasn't even necessary...just bored during COVID-19.

Install was easy of course. I had to sell my 27won pipes as they were too small to fit on HKS' bigger diameter piping on the hot side of intercooler.

On the left you can see the HKS stamped lettering on the hot side of the intercooler when looking through the opening of the foglight grill..hard to get a pic of that though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes IMG_20200507_182413

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes IMG_20200509_170055_591

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes IMG_20200507_221655_569

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes IMG_20200510_150325

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes IMG_20200510_150349

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Nice I'm looking to purchase it and legamax exhaust once my 2020 arrives.

Where you buy yours from?

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long does it take to remove the front bumper for the first time you'd estimate?
say maybe 10 min. Just watch how to remove it from mishimoto vid... definitely helpful because you can break tabs easily

Last edited:
OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice I'm looking to purchase it and legamax exhaust once my 2020 arrives.

Where you buy yours from?
Kamispeed. One tip...register with kamispeed, then put items in your cart...dont pay and wait a few days and you'll get a discount code. I paid 549 shipped for mine...but then had to buy the pipes lol...so I'm the end same price probably if I had bought everything together

Honda Civic 10th gen Installed HKS intercooler and pipes Screenshot_20200510-165954

Coqui

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Boost Blue
Country flag
Kamispeed. One tip...register with kamispeed, then put items in your cart...dont pay and wait a few days and you'll get a discount code. I paid 549 shipped for mine...but then had to buy the pipes lol...so I'm the end same price probably if I had bought everything together

Screenshot_20200510-165954.png
Yea i would definitely do intercooler/pipe combo. Just waiting on my 2020 to arrive so I can start ordering parts

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
How long does it take to remove the front bumper for the first time you'd estimate?
First time for an average DIY guy, around an hour at least while taking your time and taping stuff to prevent scratching. You gotta be careful and don't just pull it away from the tabs like they show on most videos or you will probably break a tab or 2. I broke 1 tab under each headlight and had to replace the headlight brackets. Well I didn't have to, but I don't like knowing something is broken.

Watch this guys video, it's the only one I've seen showing how to actually depress the necessary tabs to prevent breaking them instead of pulling the bumper away from the car like an animal.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
does the stock intercooler pipes fit the hks or you need their pipes?
Man I was wondering the same thing...because those 27won pipes were too small.

I first ordered the intercooler by itself. It came with one clamp that would only work with the hks intercooler AND hks boost pipe (hot side of course, where you see hks stamp).

Then I got the hks pipes which came with a different clamp that tappers down from hks pipe to smaller diameter to mate with oem intercooler. And of course the pipe kit comes with another similar clamp to mate from the other side of the hks pipe up to the turbo side.

OP
OP
02SilverSiHB

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Them instructions tho .....................
I see how they did it. Seems like it would have been tough but they may have had the right tools for some of those angles. Looks like they removed everything they could under Neath and just used small rachets etc...my guess of course

B2FiNiTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8
Country flag
First time for an average DIY guy, around an hour at least while taking your time and taping stuff to prevent scratching. You gotta be careful and don't just pull it away from the tabs like they show on most videos or you will probably break a tab or 2. I broke 1 tab under each headlight and had to replace the headlight brackets. Well I didn't have to, but I don't like knowing something is broken.

Watch this guys video, it's the only one I've seen showing how to actually depress the necessary tabs to prevent breaking them instead of pulling the bumper away from the car like an animal.

Great thank you! I might get the balls to do this...
Sponsored