Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 white type r
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So has anyone know when honda’s data logging and time tracking app log r is supposed to be coming out? Seems like there’s no information on it at all
Sponsored

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I'd also like to add to the question, since it isn't available at launch of the 2020 and the radio appears to be the same. Anyone know if us pre 2020 folks will be able to get the app?

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd also like to add to the question, since it isn't available at launch of the 2020 and the radio appears to be the same. Anyone know if us pre 2020 folks will be able to get the app?
this has been covered before. Im sure more people with more information will chime in, but because of ecu/ as well as some other sensors that cannot be read on pre-20, will make it so that Log R will not be available to pre-2020 owners

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
So has anyone know when honda’s data logging and time tracking app log r is supposed to be coming out? Seems like there’s no information on it at all
I asked the question on the owners support page and was told to call tech support: “We have received your correspondence and we are glad to hear about your purchasing of a new 2020 Type R. We would recommend contacting our Tech Support Department for further assistance at 888-528-7876.”

OP
OP
724TypeR

724TypeR

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 white type r
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I asked the question on the owners support page and was told to call tech support: “We have received your correspondence and we are glad to hear about your purchasing of a new 2020 Type R. We would recommend contacting our Tech Support Department for further assistance at 888-528-7876.”
Did you happen to call? I wonder if they have any idea when it’s supposed to be released. I was hoping it would be pre loaded on the 2020 but it’s not.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just called and she had no idea what I was talking about, and didn't see anything in her system about it either!!!

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool ... I'm trying chat for shits and giggles!!

Update: They opened a case for me ... just need to wait for their tech support to respond

Last edited:

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got this response from honda ...

"Thank you for reaching to us regarding the Honda LogR Datalogger System feature for the 2020 Honda Civic Type R. We value you as a Honda client and we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concern; and, offer our sincere apologies for the confusion and the inconvenience this may have caused you.

The a tentative release date last month at a press conference. Please note with COVID-19 the release date has been pushed to this summer. The application will be available this summer."

OP
OP
724TypeR

724TypeR

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 white type r
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

"Thank you for reaching to us regarding the Honda LogR Datalogger System feature for the 2020 Honda Civic Type R. We value you as a Honda client and we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concern; and, offer our sincere apologies for the confusion and the inconvenience this may have caused you.

The a tentative release date last month at a press conference. Please note with COVID-19 the release date has been pushed to this summer. The application will be available this summer."
I mean at least we have some sort of idea now. Still weird since the app was made before this since they debuted the car with it. Plus it’s an app so they could always update it if they ran into bugs. Just hoping it comes out before the end of summer since north east states track season ends in September

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag

Thanks for letting us know.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They also suggested that we checkin on hondanews.com for future updates on LogR

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The real question is..... Now that people have their hands on 2020s, is there an actual oil temp sensor???? Or os it software calculating the Oil Temp?
Sponsored