First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Same here lol coming tomorrow
Says tomorrow as well for me but when I ordered my charge pipes they got to the facility the day it was supposed to be delivered but didn't arrive until the following day.

FedEx sucks though. Ordered exhaust/dp/ intercooler supposed to be delivered at the same time. Exhaust and downpipe came on a Friday... In a mangled box but no IC. working on the car all day wondering where it is, get an email with a delivery notification when I was outside all day with no truck driving by. Got ahold of a representative (eventually) bitching a fit because I wasn't about to be out $700. They open a investigation case and it magically shows up the following Monday.
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now I just need my inlet to ship and I'll be set for awhile. Until their turbo at least. Better that the intake is coming first, the other way around I wouldn't be able to install the inlet until I received the hvi

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like the remaining ~60 titanium inlets will be shipping friday as well. So that means next week for that. I'm almost tempted to drive there and try and pick it up so I don't have to wait until during the work week lol. It's only 240 miles... so 2 tanks of gas. But getting up to and across PA on a friday afternoon would be a shit show. Looking on the bright side it gives me a weekend to get my tune dialed in with the HVI installed which will inevitably starve my fuel pump since I'm pretty close duty wise now.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System inleteta

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woohoo I received mine yesterday afternoon, within 24 hours of being on the delivery truck. I hope my inlet comes as fast so I can have it by Saturday.

The MAF housing and velocity stack were of impeccable quality. Filter is bigger than what it seems in pictures. Pulled my mishimoto intake out assembled the new one. At first I was tightening the cover bolts by hand with a ratchet, but was like screw it, grabbed my impact driver and ugga duggahd all the bolts. I need didn't go super crazy but I got them VERY tight. At first I tried getting the hose on with the box set in the grommet but frustratingly learned that was impossible. Pulled it off and it was much easier. The evap flange and vapor line fitment kind of sucks though. At first it would hit the hood and if I dropped it from a few inches up like normal it wouldn't lock. So I spun the flange and could get it to lock though it still may be hitting the hood. Hopefully the ti pipe hose works better.

Sound is amazing, a bit louder than the mishimoto with a piercing note at a full throttle let off. Medium to light throttle there's the choo noise like if the hood were open and it was unsealed that's nice.

IAT2s are much lower and drop a whole lot faster after sitting. It's probably placebo but it feels like it pulls harder.

To my surprise my previous tune torque targets worked without maxing out the pump. It just must have been the larger cold side charge hose

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We are happy to announce that all order of the HVIS have shipped, thank you all for your continued patience!

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Can I find the installation guide online? Since there isn't one in the box with my intake. I could probably figure it out but prefer to make sure I'm doing it exactly per @PRL Motorsports

EDIT: Found the thread! Thanks

Last edited:

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports , Odd request but would you happen to have the weight and dimensions of the box the HVI comes in? Looking to buy it from a different city and have it shipped by a friend and need to create a label.. as the place doesn't offer shipping but has the best price.

CanadianFK8

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
@PRL Motorsports , Odd request but would you happen to have the weight and dimensions of the box the HVI comes in? Looking to buy it from a different city and have it shipped by a friend and need to create a label.. as the place doesn't offer shipping but has the best price.
Well lucky for you my Canadian brother, I just had mine delivered to my work today. Purchased through Alpha Motorsports In Toronto.

Box dimensions are 20 1/2" X 14 1/2" x 10 3/4" approximate weight is 8-10 lbs if that.

Hope this helps! I cant wait to install mine tonight!!

Good luck!

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
Well lucky for you my Canadian brother, I just had mine delivered to my work today. Purchased through Alpha Motorsports In Toronto.

Box dimensions are 20 1/2" X 14 1/2" x 10 3/4" approximate weight is 8-10 lbs if that.

Hope this helps! I cant wait to install mine tonight!!

Good luck!
Hilarious. Thanks so much for this! Some prices were just much better locally compared to online and I might have a shipping arrangement that makes the deal that much sweeter.. just had to figure out the logistics of it.

Hope the install goes well man! Looking forward to an update with some pics!

winsanity324

@WNSNTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
You should contact JSpec performance.
They have them in stock and can ship to you in Ottawa no problem.
I got all my PRL from them.

Jspec Performance
3520 McNicoll Ave #12
Scarborough, ON M1V 4C5
Phone: 647.345.2042
Email: [email protected]

Hilarious. Thanks so much for this! Some prices were just much better locally compared to online and I might have a shipping arrangement that makes the deal that much sweeter.. just had to figure out the logistics of it.

Hope the install goes well man! Looking forward to an update with some pics!

garysan

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sandersonandson.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R & BMW M135i
Country flag
I don't have a problem with the bottom and inner bottom part. My problem is the part near the vac hose. It's being pulled toward the airbox for some reason. If I remove the vac hose, I could minimize the gap and clamped down. But I couldn't get the vac hose in after that. As you can see from my pic, I spent so much time gripping and twisting the hose that the tape outside lost its shine.

PRLIntake.jpg
Does anyone know how the shininess to the silicone hose can be restored/put back as a couple of places on mine have dulled too due to me wrestling with it. Being a bit OCD I'd like it to look 'untouched' if at all poss?

garysan

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sandersonandson.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R & BMW M135i
Country flag
bug/tar remover or degreaser I would say.
I'd already tried AutoFinesse Dressle (trim dressing) and Revive (trim restorer) to no avail. I can try the two suggestions you've made but wasn't sure how they'd react (if at all) to the silicone of the hose. I was sure the AF products were safe to use so it wasn't a concern to try them.
Sponsored