1.5T Non-Si CVT Tunes

TouringBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone!

Just received my K-Tuner V2 and done a lot of reading. Wow... I've learned so much and absolutely love the base map tunes on my 2017 Sedan Touring (CVT)! I haven't come across a thread for Non-Si CVT tuners like me and would love to see what setups you all have. For instance, I'm using the Starter 21 base tune without any quick adjustments (because I'm still learning everything over here). In addition, I have no performance mods installed and everything is stock.

I'll go first...

2017 Sedan Touring (CVT)
Starter 21 Base Tune
No Quick Adjustments
No Performance Mods - All Stock

Please share your setup and attaching screenshots or thoroughly detailing your quick adjustments would be highly appreciable!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
TouringBlue

TouringBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi gtman,

I've come across that thread before; however, I was looking for a consolidated & dedicated thread for everyone to share their own CVT tunes without discussion. Thanks for the share!

Jeezer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic hatch ex, '90 civic ef hatch b16a1, '95 a32 maxima vq35de
Country flag
Mine comes in the mail tomorrow and I'll check back when I get it up and running :)

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m getting my ktuner v2 tsp stage 1 tune in the mail soon, I was wondering if you guys can give me update on how your car is holding up.

And quick question what intake you think I should get the prl short ram race or the 27won cold air intake

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
I’m getting my ktuner v2 tsp stage 1 tune in the mail soon, I was wondering if you guys can give me update on how your car is holding up.

And quick question what intake you think I should get the prl short ram race or the 27won cold air intake
I've been running different variations on relatively aggressive tunes for about a year and a half now with no issues. About four months ago, got the PRL CAI w/ Race MAF tuned w/ Race MAF setting and continue to have no issues.

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I have starter 21 dual tune. Seems ok, but i think modifying it will be better. Any idea?

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
I have starter 21 dual tune. Seems ok, but i think modifying it will be better. Any idea?
I switched up to the TSP Stage 1 and have been happy ever since. Well, except the speeding ticket when I first started testing it out.

Last edited:

elijahblake

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I switched up to the TSP Stage 1 and have been happy ever since. Well, except the speeding ticket when I first started testing it out.
What is the TSP Stage 1, i've seen mention of it and a link that takes you to another website?
It's a custom tune that works on the ktuner?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Arrowspeed

First Name
Khuram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5T
Country flag
I have got my KT V2 Device in Jan 21 for my 2017 1.5T CVT
I conservatively uploaded stage 1 18 Psi base tune (All stock bolt ONs). Found to be having a mind-blowing experience. Remained on this tune till mid March 21.
Got my REV9 upgraded FMIC and started trying different combos of starter 18psi and dual start 21 psi maps.
summarizing my experience with the diff combos of starter tunes, following are the observations.

1. On 18 psi starter with improved quick adjustments / quick enables whether to imp1 / imp2 i.e. mild / max aggressive there is a massive wheel spinn which kind of irritates the driver as it feels like car is skating.
2. On 21 psi starter / dual starter with quick adjustments imp1 / imp2 / early spool enable / disable felt immense wheel hop and vibration which can be felt in steering wheel (Torque steer) at mid range 2200 to 3000 rpm push pull driving. It felt that the CVT / Rear motor mount under extreme stress as the engine moves backwards with immense force during this condition.

My conclusion and advise / recommendation to all Civic 1.5T CVT non-Si users is best to remain on stage maps or self customized dual starter base maps either 21 or 18psi to an extent without fiddling or changing any thing in quick adjustments and quick enables.
or
go for a custom tuning.

The stage maps if driven smoothly returns the same fuel econ as stock too.

I am currently on dual starter 21 with VSA dampening only. It feels superb.
"A knock Cont Rise E" i ll try later.

@gtman
@TouringBlue

Last edited: