2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
The most notoriously bad example are Injen intakes. Their MAF housings seem to be inconsistent from intake to intake. Avoid at all costs.

Have you datalogged with the K&N?
Yes, but I'm not really sure which sensors I should be logging in Torque. I can pull a log and upload it to Google docs if I know what I'm looking for. I'm using BAFX OBD II bluetooth reader. https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Product...QAHS?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&psc=1

Also, what would I adjust in Ktuner if I needed to?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can do an actual datalog within the Ktuner software. Drive normally for 20 minutes plus and include a couple WOT pulls. Upload it here as a .zip file and I'll gladly read it for you.

Torino_85

Hector & Christine
First Name
Christine&Hec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the tune. The difference is night and day. Hitting VTEC is crazy, RPMs just skyrocket once it triggers. Never happened before the tune since getting to 6500 was practically impossible in my daily commute.

Can't wait to see what it's like with the downpipe.
How did you tune it. Just with laptop and Ktuner, or did you have to dyno it and do all that good stuff?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
^ These aren't custom dyno tunes (although you can do that if you want). These are canned, off the shelf tunes with tons of user customizations available through the free KTuner software.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to get rid of the hdmi exhaust? If you did how did you fit that one on? Just remove the OEM defuser?
He didn't have an HDMI exhaust to begin with.

jthambone

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX
Country flag
Going back to a post from a while back, a throttle response stage 3 would be sweet ;)

Kinda sucks that the 2.0l doesn't get as many options as the other trims but I understand why that's the case. Regardless, it's still a major improvement over stock

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m very aware of that, thank you though. We’re gonna try and piggy back off the ECU (yes I know the stock ECU doesn’t read pressure) my tuner has a couple ideas (I trust him with my car I’ve seen the work he does he knows what he’s doing) well beyond my level of understanding. If that doesn’t work we’re going to try an entirely new ECU. I don’t want to go this route for the simple fact of it’ll be stupid expensive. My end goal ultimately is to do this build and record it along the way and make a turbo kit anyone can buy and bolt on. Problem is, no one has done it before so I’m treading in unknown waters. Our current biggest hurdle is engine management, if you have ANY ideas please share them! Just so everyone is aware, the turbo will only be only 5bls and under NO LOAD until we’re able to see it on the ECU and are able to map it.
Did anything ever come of this lol?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello 2.0 KTuner family. A quiet update has been posted to the website, 1.0.9.7, which will be pushed this week.

After reviewing many datalogs we've moved the VTEC point down to 5300. For those who weren't getting VTEC in first and second gear under some circumstances, this will also allow that to happen all the time. We would love to hear your feedback, as always!

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Hello 2.0 KTuner family. A quiet update has been posted to the website, 1.0.9.7, which will be pushed this week.

After reviewing many datalogs we've moved the VTEC point down to 5300. For those who weren't getting VTEC in first and second gear under some circumstances, this will also allow that to happen all the time. We would love to hear your feedback, as always!
How do we apply this update?

Bru87tr

Nice! Its been a while since I did anything with ktuner, set it and forget it.

Is this built into the standard tune if I re-apply ?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go to the website and install the latest copy of the software.
https://ktuner.com/downloads/

For those of you who would've been overly excited about this update and keep clicking your 'Ktuner Update' button in Ktuner without actually checking if they have the newest update, you can go to this link HERE to see what the latest version is that they have on Ktuner's website. I know if I was new to the game, I would've been that guy. :p
Sponsored