teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did you do it yourself? I'm going to do my roof black. Have a sunroof though so it's going to be a nightmare I'm sure. Just wondering if you did it, since it would have been your first time I'm curious how it went. I gotta look up some youtube vids as well!
I had someone do it. It was relatively inexpensive ($150 for the hood and the section in front of the hood)... but after watching him, I'm confident I could probably do a hood if I need to redo it later. The roof is probably a little tricky since there's the antenna and in your case the sunroof. I'd just pay someone for your first go. I was too scared to try as I didn't want any razor cuts in my paint. I think the hardest part of wrapping is the last step: trimming it all.
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had someone do it. It was relatively inexpensive ($150 for the hood and the section in front of the hood)... but after watching him, I'm confident I could probably do a hood if I need to redo it later. The roof is probably a little tricky since there's the antenna and in your case the sunroof. I'd just pay someone for your first go. I was too scared to try as I didn't want any razor cuts in my paint. I think the hardest part of wrapping is the last step: trimming it all.
Honestly probably going to do it myself because for a roof with a sunroof, it's like $300+. Not worth it imo, the material is like 50 bucks. I can pull the headliner down to remove the shark fin, kind of a pain but just tedious. The sunroof part really isn't bad you just leave excess and keep trimming until it folds nicely. And heat gun is 100% required lol! I should probably do my roof fins at that point... Gonna do em red with the black roof, so that upper part of the hatch has to be wrapped to match the roof too!

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly probably going to do it myself because for a roof with a sunroof, it's like $300+. Not worth it imo, the material is like 50 bucks. I can pull the headliner down to remove the shark fin, kind of a pain but just tedious. The sunroof part really isn't bad you just leave excess and keep trimming until it folds nicely. And heat gun is 100% required lol! I should probably do my roof fins at that point... Gonna do em red with the black roof, so that upper part of the hatch has to be wrapped to match the roof too!
I look forward to seeing it when it's done. :)

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5008.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5014.JPG

Installed my front lip today. This is the front lip from SoCalAccessories: Type R style for Hatchbacks. Overall, the quality of the lip was 6/10. In terms of fitment and overall appearance, it's great, but there were a ton of ugly razor cuts and little defects. I don't have the experience in painting parts, so I had to accept that after painting it, it wasn't going to look 100% perfect, and overall, I'm very happy with the end result. This was my first time ever really taking off a bumper or doing anything car-related, but I'm handy enough and was willing to try.

PREP & PAINT:
Washed with soap and water
Sanded 400 grit for super rough spots, then > 600 > 800 > 1000
Duplicolor Adhesion promotor (2 coats, 10 min apart)
30 min. later, Rustoleum 2x Primer (grey, 2 coats, 10 min apart)
30 min. later, Rustoluem 2x Black (gloss, 3 coats, 15 min apart)
1 hour later, Spray Max 2k Clear (3 coats, 10 min apart)

MOUNT:
This particular lip didn't have as many mountable places as I though. I mounted basically the front center area that tucks under the Sport lip, and on the sides by the wheel (where the side marker screws are).

Mounting the center area: 3 x #10 nuts (Nyloc) and bolts 1/2", w/ lock washers + the included self-drilling screws at 3 in. apart.
Wheel Area: 2 x self drilling screws + lock washers + screw caps for a cleaner look.

Here are more pics:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_4999.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5002.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5017.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5015.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5014.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5008.JPG

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Did you have to take the front bumper off to install lip

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Lip looks great, I personally haven't decided between the SoCal accessories lip or the ABSdynamics front lip. Good job on the diy paint job.

Lunar18Si

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I haven't looked much into taking the front bumper off pain in the ass?

gee_que

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, I was wondering if you could link your high beams?

I've ordered two different H11 high beams for my 2020 Hatchback and neither has fit.

Katana H11 LEDs do fit in my lows (and are stellar), but the little clips on the sides of the plug won't fit in the connector for the high beams. I'm fairly certain this isn't an H11, but I can't find any guidance and can use the help!

Nineo's that didn't fit
Katana Minis that didn't fit

Any response is appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport FC7B9120-0ECB-4348-B4AC-9838E87173D7_1_201_a

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't looked much into taking the front bumper off pain in the ass?
Considering I know nothing about cars, and this was my first bumper removal, it was doable. Lots of clips to remove, but very doable. Watch a youtube video and you'll be ok.

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi, I was wondering if you could link your high beams?

I've ordered two different H11 high beams for my 2020 Hatchback and neither has fit.

Katana H11 LEDs do fit in my lows (and are stellar), but the little clips on the sides of the plug won't fit in the connector for the high beams. I'm fairly certain this isn't an H11, but I can't find any guidance and can use the help!

Nineo's that didn't fit
Katana Minis that didn't fit

Any response is appreciated!

FC7B9120-0ECB-4348-B4AC-9838E87173D7_1_201_a.jpeg
Here are all the lights I purchased:

KATANA 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs w/Mini Design,10000LM 6500K Cool White CREE Chips Hb3 All-in-One Conversion Kit

KATANA H11 LED Headlight Bulbs w/Mini Design,10000LM 6500K Cool White CREE Chips H8 H9 All-in-One Conversion Kit

KATANA H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle

All of them fit my 2020 hatch snug. Sorry, I can't remember which lights were for what part (I got these from links from someone else's post on civicX.

I also got these brake lights recently (they're pretty rad):
AUTOGINE 4 X Super Bright 9-30V 7440 7441 7443 7444 992 LED Bulbs 3014 54-EX Chipsets with Projector for Tail Lights Brake Lights, Brilliant Red

SGP-Seth

First Name
Saethe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any issues over time?
It hasn't been that long, but so far so good. I definitely like my light setup. I'm not super fancy when comes to car stuff, so HIDs are overkill for me. I especially like the signal lights since they don't have any amber on the actual bulb, which typically shows when they're not lit.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol I have some feedback too! At stock height, the abs lip sits pretty low and I have scraped it a bunch of times. Sometimes I wish a hot a lip more like this one :rofl:
Sponsored